UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

That's a clear indication that the "FPS preservation" system is kicking in. Ironically, the colour CCD stuff is achieved by removing certain render calls, thus removing strain on the GPU.

Does this "color render calls" have anything to the MFD shader file in Bazar\shaders folder?

I ask 'cause I've modified shaders and now have color TV in Su-25T. It is also possible to put 32 inch TV inside :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this "color render calls" have anything to the MFD shader file in Bazar\shaders folder?

I ask 'cause I've modified shaders and now have color TV in Su-25T. It is also possible to put 32 inch TV inside :D

It does indeed. Your having modified those files will not break uMFCD, mind. Will have to think about about the 32"er. :)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I've seen more files.

Example laser beam, radar ect.

We do not see laser beam and radar cone emitted by source (plane, chopper).

Perhaps they are just made transparent... It would be nice to see how radars browse sky in the game. Just for tests :P

I beginning to like that.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I've seen more files.

Example laser beam, radar ect.

We do not see laser beam and radar cone emitted by source (plane, chopper).

Perhaps they are just made transparent... It would be nice to see how radars browse sky in the game. Just for tests :P

I beginning to like that.

Those are shaders, so deal specifically with visible graphics. The laser, I think, is what you observe through NVGs when ground forces are painting a target for you. I've not played with it, so could be wrong.

Yeah I think that too. Will test it :D

To stop more derailing your thread I will just say it is sad you make change in the shader file you have to restart whole game.

It takes long time even on powerful PC.

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah I think that too. Will test it :D

To stop more derailing your thread I will just say it is sad you make change in the shader file you have to restart whole game.

It takes long time even on powerful PC.

Yeah, that's a right pain in the arse. Can you imagine how many times I've launched/quit DCS while developng uMFCD over the past ~18 months? Sometimes, when I'm not paying attention, I launch DCS as a reflex instead of whatever I was supposed to be doing.

Hello

Thought i'd give your program a try.

Initially i couldn't get UltraMFCD to work, however manually creating folders in the locations below solved that problem :-

(in bold) C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\

I have a similar problem to an earlier poster, i'm getting two working MFCD's but i cannot re-size them or move them. If i click on the top right of the left hand MFCD then both MFCD's become transparent (flickering) and a black "window" appears which can then be re-sized and moved to any location on my two screens.

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 (main) and 1366 X 768 (secondary, i'm wanting to export two A-10C MFCD's onto my secondary screen.

I have done a "repair" of my 1.52 installation and removed all my previous exports for the A-10C in case that was causing a problem.

Please see my screen dump below, i have also included a diagnostic's package if that is of any help to you ???.

DCS%20A-10C_zpsgah8aigr.png

Diagnostics Package.txt

Thanks

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Sgt_Baker - any ideas one what might be causing this?

I've been doing some testing and have had no luck as DCS is crashing when I get to mission loading progress approx 80%.

Windows 10

.Net is up to date (followed the steps for updating that

DCS - release 1.5 version

Steps to replicate:

1 - start ULTRAMFCD

2 - start DCS

3 - DCS is detected by ULTRAMFCD

3 - load mission (A-10C), get to approx 80% and then DCS crashes

Confirmed if I am not running ULTRAMFCD that the mission will load correctly.

Have attached Windows & ULTRAMFCD logs for reference.

Hard to say without seeing a diagnostics log. I'll be releasing a new version over the next couple of days, which will contain a number of bug fixes and updates to the diagnostics system tailored to look at the types of errors we're presently receiving. Until such time you could send me a diagnostics pack from the current version (click "Generate diagnostics pack" in the UI, launch a mission (or crash) then post whatever is output to the UI once DCS has closed).

Additionally, could you paste the error as it appears in the Windows Event Log too, please?

Edit: DURR! See that they're already attached to the original post. Sorry!

Edit 2: OK. I think I know what's going on there. Let me have a quick look at the code.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Oesau,

I have exactly the same problem btw. Win 10 also here

OK. Upon examining what might cause this error, there appear to be significant indications that something is blocking a large proportion of uMFCD's functionality prior to mission launch. In order for the system to function at all, it needs to look at a bunch of files (monitor setup, options etc). In turn, based upon what it finds therein, it configures itself accordingly. The "null exception" along with the absence of anything useful in the diag pack (it simply repeats what you have in plain text) is a clear indication that this hasn't happened.

That said, this is a slight conundrum since this exception cannot happen unless the whole system has suddenly sprung to life - albeit far too late.

Given that somebody else reported silent problems with uMFCD and their AV software, would both of you mind attempting a run with antivirus disabled, simply so we can eliminate that as a cause prior to proceeding with something more detailed (see spoiler below).

--Baker

Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

I just had an epiphany, and try deactivating my antivirus, and behold... Ultramfcd is showing.

It's still weird that there's no pop-up warning, and that 3 processes are created when blocked.

Anyway, I'll do further testing tonight, to try and check which software is guilty of what.

In the meantime, be aware that it may create a false positive with Avast.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Hi I have a crash.

Start uMFCD, Start DCS 1.5,

Can't run F:\Program Files\ED\DCS world\bin/DCS.exe access is denied.

i have UAC turned off.

If I start DCS it loads fine if I then start uMFCD I get DCS has stopped working.

Alice log = 06/01/2016 14:37:54 first chance exception caught in Alice.dll

Return argument has an invalid type.

at

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.ValidateReturnArg(Object arg, Type paramType)

06/01/2016 14:37:54 first chance exception caught in Alice.dll

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at

at SharpDX.DXGI.SwapChain.Present(Int32 syncInterval, PresentFlags flags)

06/01/2016 14:37:56 first chance exception caught in Alice.dll

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at

at SharpDX.DXGI.SwapChain.Present(Int32 syncInterval, PresentFlags flags)

at _ZE49fCTBilthSJOSdRINnim7bEz_._dS5OlpqZCBcuttoQ4135mt77E4c_(IntPtr , Int32 , PresentFlags )

crash log = # -------------- 20160106-143755 --------------

# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at CDF2E76A 00:00000000

00000000 00000000 0000:00000000

57CB1F08 0014E520 0000:00000000 RaiseException()+68

2D6A1689 0014E550 0000:00000000 GetMetaDataInternalInterfaceFromPublic()+4C5BD

2D6A16BB 0014EA78 0000:00000000 GetMetaDataInternalInterfaceFromPublic()+4C5EF

2D6A16C5 0014EA80 0000:00000000 GetMetaDataInternalInterfaceFromPublic()+4C5F9

CDF2E76A 0014EA88 0000:00000000

Any clue as to whats happening.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Hi I have a crash.

Start uMFCD, Start DCS 1.5,

Can't run F:\Program Files\ED\DCS world\bin/DCS.exe access is denied.

i have UAC turned off.

If I start DCS it loads fine if I then start uMFCD I get DCS has stopped working.

Any clue as to whats happening.

This is directed at a number of you: Are you all starting uMFCD before launching DCS? I urgently need to code in a system** that prevents uMFCD from executing fully if DCS is already running. This wasn't an issue with 1.2.6, since uMFCD ignored the GUI and caught DCS every time a flight was launched.

**Done. This oversight on my part might explain a whole load of the issues we've been having. On the other hand, it might not, but will certainly eliminate a whole tonne of random bug reports as of next release.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Let me try and explain,

If i start umfcd it runs waiting for dcs, then start DCS and access error message pops up if I then click through it, I get the log if I close that I can start DCS and it works ..BUT umfcd is still looking for dcs. I get no exports.

DCS works fine first time without umfcd. BUT if I then start umfcd it crashes DCS.

I am using your latest DL and same thing.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Let me try and explain,

If i start umfcd it runs waiting for dcs, then start DCS and access error message pops up if I then click through it, I get the log if I close that I can start DCS and it works ..BUT umfcd is still looking for dcs. I get no exports.

DCS works fine first time without umfcd. BUT if I then start umfcd it crashes DCS.

I am using your latest DL and same thing.

1) Have you tried all of the above with antivirus disabled?

2) Additionally, which AV are you running?

3) Does it make a difference if you navigate to DCS's bin folder and attempt to launch the DCS.exe directly (This error could be coming from the autoupdater not being able to launch DCS.exe)?

4) Is the account your running under definitely a member of the Administrators group, and does explicitly launching uMFCD with "Run as administrator" make any difference?

5) Finally, if you have 1.2.6 still knocking around, does uMFCD v1 still work there?

--Baker

I gave it a quick go, it seems to working great as long as I have TGP in "A-G" or "A-A" -mode. If TGP is not running (or I have TGP + MAV active), UltraMFCD screens return to their original positions, and the ones I "created" freeze. Doesn't matter if I had the screens on 2nd monitor or main, same behaviour.

Gfycat might explain better:

https://gfycat.com/FickleUniqueFlatfish

I gave it a quick go, it seems to working great as long as I have TGP in "A-G" or "A-A" -mode. If TGP is not running (or I have TGP + MAV active), UltraMFCD screens return to their original positions, and the ones I "created" freeze. Doesn't matter if I had the screens on 2nd monitor or main, same behaviour.

Gfycat might explain better:

https://gfycat.com/FickleUniqueFlatfish

Understood, and thanks for testing. This is a bug which evidently affects some people but not others. If you've been following this thread, you'll have seen me going on about updating the diagnostics system. Well, this is precisely the type of thing I need to detect.

Watch this space for v2.0.0.7, which will contain said code and allow you to quickly generate a diagnostics package to help us understand exactly where the rendering system is breaking.

--Baker

1= yes

2= AVG free

3= no difference tried it

4= yes and I have changed permissions to all

5= I don't have 1.2.6 but it was working when I had it

I am reinstalling DCS to another folder to try it.

it is wierd that if umfcd is not running dcs loads and runs fine.

I am reinstalling DCS to another folder to try it.

it is wierd that if umfcd is not running dcs loads and runs fine.

I agree with you entirely. Remarkably little has changed with the code that executes that early on, so this is a bit of a conundrum at the moment. Presumably, since it's not even getting to "DCS detected", attempting to generate a diag pack renders absolutely nothing of use, too.

Is there anything potentially indicative in the Windows Event Log now that we've removed the possibility of the "late launch" bugs from happening?

BTW Where are UltraMFCD settings stored?

After removing its folder and unzipping again it still remembers my previous settings... even from previous versions. I'm thinking there might be some files from previous versions breaking things up?