What?!?! Did we get Su-33 PFM with the latest DCS 2.0 patch?

Schmidtfire

Tested on the latest 2.0 Alpha patch. Su-33 has new controls with left/right toe breaks like the Su-27. Did a fast takeoff and landing, no scripted "stickiness", bounced the way it should. Feels very alive in the air now and if would say it is AFM. Can someone else confirm? :)

Edited by Schmidtfire

Im not the first one reacting, thats why I tested it. Compare the ground handling to the other SFM planes, It's different and it is very noticable during landing and takeoff. With SFM, the aircraft usually "sticks" to the runway.

Note: This is only on Nevada in latest 2.0 Alpha patch. Not in 1.5.6.

I just tested it again and it was probably to good to be true... However I could push S key and perform a cobra, don't know if it has been working before on the Su-33? It feels like something has changed. Maybe some SFM tuning or something?

Your install is clean, right? Make sure no mods interfere with the 33's flight dynamics. I know a mod that allows you to perform cobras in SFM fighters like you used to be able to.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

There definite difference between Su-33 in 2.0 and 1.5, especially at high AOA. In 2.0 it's shaking as well but it's much more controllable.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Still SFM. Ground handling is unchanged as far as I can tell. (Zero mass in turns, very fiddly rotation during takeoff, etc).

It appears they've re-enabled the old scripted cobra functionality, but other than that I didn't notice any differences in flight dynamics.

• Like 1

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The key-bind for the FCS disconnect is there (labeled same as the Su-27 S key in the list) and it's assigned to the cobra function, I guess?

This is a lot like the late-SFM F-15C when they added the keys for the PFM a month or two prior to implementing the new FM.

Lord of Salt

The key-bind for the FCS disconnect is there (labeled same as the Su-27 S key in the list) and it's assigned to the cobra function, I guess?

This is a lot like the late-SFM F-15C when they added the keys for the PFM a month or two prior to implementing the new FM.

Yeah, it seems like some sort of screw up involving the keyboard command lua's. It might also be related to the starforce issues (iirc it's messing with the sim's internal organization and causing general havoc)

Personally I like your theory the most :D

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.