DCS has stopped working

orchead

I recently purchased a new computer but after reinstalling DCS world I can't start the game and get an error "DCS has stopped working... Close the program" error when I start it up, even running as admin.

It also says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d). Click OK to close the application"

I've downloaded both the version from steam and also downloaded the 2.0 open alpha and get the same error on both versions.

I've got the same error on windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit.

I verified that my graphics drivers were all up to date, and in both cases I've got .NET 4.0 installed with visual C++ redistribuatable 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2013 (x64 and x86) installed.

Really frustrating that I just spent $50 on a DLC from steam and can't even start the program...

• 5 months later...

DCS 1.5 Crash on mission

Hi, flying the A-10C I also get ransom crashes during a mission, and somehow I feel it has to do something with the smoke. I dropped a CBU-97 onto a group of tanks with one already burning to view the bomblets falling from the sky, viewing partially through the smoke though, and DCS stopped working the moment the smoke covered about 70% of the screen. The previous crashes was also more or less the same scenario. I must also mention my system is set to the MAX except for non-essentials such as birds.

One other thing, I also get a Shockwave Flash error during the games. I just continue and not close the flash. Once I close, the TGP goes haywire (running in circles), I have to switch to MAV or CDU to stop this madness.

This is not a crisis right now, I am still in My Weapons training missions

My OS is x64 Win7 SP1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fools rush in where Angles fear to tread....

Core i7 4790k, GeForce GTX970 G1, 16Gb Ram, 2 x 256Gb SSD, 2 x 1Tb, enough cooling...

• 2 months later...

DCS has stopped working message

I have DCS 1.5.6 from Steam and I haven't played it in a while. Now when I start it I get an error message that DCS has stopped working and will close.

The computer meets the minimum requirements for the game. I'm running on Win 10 and have a Geforce 310 video card with 8 GB RAM.

I tried the suggestion about copying a .dll file into Windows /system folder and it didn't fix problem. Also tried disabling Norton Security Suite and still got same message.

Any suggestions?

• ED Team
I have DCS 1.5.6 from Steam and I haven't played it in a while. Now when I start it I get an error message that DCS has stopped working and will close.

The computer meets the minimum requirements for the game. I'm running on Win 10 and have a Geforce 310 video card with 8 GB RAM.

I tried the suggestion about copying a .dll file into Windows /system folder and it didn't fix problem. Also tried disabling Norton Security Suite and still got same message.

Any suggestions?

Hi

geforce 310? http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/product_geforce_310_uk.html

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Discrete video card: 2 GB RAM (AMD, NVIDIA); requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

attach your dcs logs folder zipped ( guide in my signature ) we will try to help

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

your machine is a little below minimum specification

the Geforce 310 will only do DirectX® 10.1 Support

DCS requires Directx 11 capable card

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Discrete video card: 2 GB RAM (AMD, NVIDIA); requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for checking this for me. I should get a new graphics card, but I think my power supply is only 300 watts. So I think that leave few choices if I don't want to change the power supply too, I was looking at the GTX 750Ti a year ago. Not sure if that is still a good choice? I'm not a big gamer.

• ED Team
Thanks for checking this for me. I should get a new graphics card, but I think my power supply is only 300 watts. So I think that leave few choices if I don't want to change the power supply too, I was looking at the GTX 750Ti a year ago. Not sure if that is still a good choice? I'm not a big gamer.

750 Ti would work and reaches the minimum for DCSworld, just bare in mind the minimum power supply for it is 300w