How to migrate from Steam to Ed?

artmustel

Hello all, I have been playing DCS through steam for some days, I purchased a module (F-15C) from Steam and installed it. Now I am downloading the standalone version of DCS from this site. My question is, once I have it installed in a separate folder, how do I "migrate" to the Standalone one, how do I install the module I purchased from Steam on Ed's? Also, do I need to delete the steam version before installing the standalone one? Can I install my purchased module in Ed's one even if it is installed on the Steam version? I apologize for so many questions but I don't want to do it all wrong. Thanks in advance!

The standalone install will use the existing Saved Games\DCS folder, so your existing settings will be used.

As for your module...

Can I activate my DCS World Module purchased on steam on DCS World Standalone(Non-Steam)?

Yes, you will simply need to retrieve your serial key which can be found within your steam library and right-clicking on DCS World -> "View CD Key" then use this serial key to authenticate your module on DCS World.

Another way to view your cd-key is by simply by clicking the "CD-Key" link on the right side menu displayed after clicking DCS World within your library as SkateZilla mentioned

You will need to use the module manager to install modules in the non-Steam version. See this page https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/

If you have not created an account on the DCS site, it's not the same as your forum account, then do so. Use that account to log into the Module Manager.

The following instructions are for binding a key from a boxed version, but the same instructions apply for a Steam key.

If you purchased A-10C Warthog, Black Shark 2, UH-1H Huey or P-51D Mustang as a boxed product, it will include a serial key on the back of the Quick Start manual. You can use this key to bind the product to your DCS World account and allow you to update it.

Please following these steps:

* From the License Check field in the Profile of your DCS World account page, enter the product serial key and press the CHECK button.

* Select the option to bind the serial key to your DCS World account.

* Run DCS World and select the Module Manager icon at the top of the Main Menu page. Note that you will need to log your Module Manager into the same account to which you bound the serial key! You will then be prompted to install the module.

You can keep your Steam install or delete it, they will both work if you keep both installed.

EDIT: Btw, Welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: