Delayed Takeoff for proper CombatFlight

MarkP

Hello,

we use CF in our Squad, but i have a Problem. WP0 is the TakeOff from Ramp and WP1 is midair. Now DCS (and CF because that is using this data) thinks we TakeOFF instantly with the time calculations. With a Squad of up to 8 Players, we usually have 20mins until we TakeOff. If i delay the WP0 in the ME, i am unable to Join because the Game says "This flight is Delayed".

I wanted to get all Clients in their Planes, start them up (some use a filthy quick start, and i for example do the Firetests and 4-Down so the startup varies), wait for lets say 20 Minutes until for example 08:20 ZULU and then TO and push towards WP1, so that the times in the ME are right and we can use proper TOT.

How to do that? :)

Sorry - its hard to explain since im non-native speaker :)

Thanks, Mark!

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Have you tried creating another WP on the ground (runway maybe) that is the true start point of the mission?

WP0 Spawn in, WP 1 Take off time, WP + Mission...

Hello,

i tried that, but the WP1 can only be in the Air (With at least 120kts etc)

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Mark,

How about do what we do in real life to solve timing problems … create a enroute holding leg as part of the flight plan for TOT control.

WP0 - Departure Airfield

WP1 - Climbout/Level Off

WP2 - Holding Entry Point

WP3 - Holding Exit Point (Exit this point on time to make TOT)

WP4 - Combat Entry Point

WP5 - ...6...7...8...9...10 (etc) this could be your low level routing

W11 - IP

W12 - TGT

W13 - Escape

W14 - … 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 … (return routing … or AAR track, etc)

W20 - Recovery airfield

Have your formation takeoff

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

while this would be an option - in my case this is not possible. The Background is the following:

Huey Flight A

Hornet Flight B - both seperated 200nm, so Comms are not working - too far away.

Both flights need to takeoff at 0720ZULU to be at the right time at the TGT-Zone.

In the past we had various Problems with some clients so that some needs to wait to others, thats why the mission starts at 0700 ZULU to have a enought time to get all clients ready.

Thanks for the answer thought :)

Both flights need to takeoff at 0720ZULU to be at the right time at the TGT-Zone.

NO....Both flights have to be in at a specific point at 0720...You adjust their takeoff time and include routing to have them arrive at that point at that time...I can take of at 0620 and arrive at the same point you do by flying a different route.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.