Eagle Dynamics @ E3 Discussion and Media

Coxy_99

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to the event, no there wasn't. I also include the Thrustmaster announcement of the event as the event.

Prior to that there was no hint, anywhere, that such a thing was coming. According to all Thrustmaster official announcements a new high-end stick wasn't planned until 2020.

Sorry you didn't get the memo.

But that does not mean it was not there.

It was.

IIRC the strongest hint was given by a (DCS) press release indicating some sort of add-on stick to tie-in with the DCS F-18 demo at E3, and this came out some two weeks before the event.

The reddit group hoggit was all a-flutter about it for a while after that.

EDIT: Here you go:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3152953

and /r/hoggit going wild with joy at the inference of the possibility of an F-18 stick addon:

Now, you may dispute the parsing of the press release to indicate an F-18 stick was going to be revealed and thus not take it as a hint (I was skeptical, too), but: (a) other people took it as a hint, anyway; and (b) they were right and you would be as wrong as I was. :)

Edited by Bearfoot

I wonder if wags or someone at the show could give us the system specs they're running on the demo rig. I heard him talk about Alienware and a GTX1080 in the video, but further specs would be nice!

He gave the CPU and/or Alienware Model Number in the interview,

AFAIK, it'd likely be the rig in his signature or similar.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They haven't hinted at a throttle quadrant for the Hornet.

In a matter of fact, they did. But you had to understand french as the hint had been given during an interview with Gilles Raulet, Thrustmaster Development Director, for a french website. The word out there is to not hold your breath until 2020.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Prior to the event, no there wasn't. I also include the Thrustmaster announcement of the event as the event.

Prior to that there was no hint, anywhere, that such a thing was coming. According to all Thrustmaster official announcements a new high-end stick wasn't planned until 2020.

May 2015 was the biggest hint from ED and TM at the Intrepid event.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

A Complete New Thrustmaster HOTAS isnt Due out till 2020,

Whether or not the Logitech, Saitek, MadCatz closures and Ownership changes affect that is not publicly disclosed.

However, TM Can Put out a Handgrip to coincide w/ the F/A-18 RELEASE (as in Not EARLY ACCESS), before 2020, then put the throttle and new HOTAS Bundle out in 2020 as they had planned.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Two things....

-Look at the new banner that's awesome!!

-Am I the only one who has noticed the roaring external sounds for the hornet!?!

Either Olgerd or Wags said the Hornet uses new SFX.

Either Olgerd or Wags said the Hornet uses new SFX.

From what i can hear in those hand held camera recordings it sounds AWESOME.

I was afraid that the Hornet might get SFX similar to the FC3 aircraft, which are only ok if you crank up the volume really loud IMO.

In MP its always so much more exciting when a Mirage flys over the base you start at as opposed to others.

Really happy about that. :joystick:

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I see no appeal for the new F18 grip. The A10 stick is a lot more ergonomic then the new one. Could be however a option for those searching to build a replica cockpit... otherwise the Virpil and VKB releases are clearly better, even better then the A10.

ill be buying and i have no desire to build a pit.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Wags has a message for everyone this morning.

[FBV]10155419335354287[/FBV]

[FBV]10155419320149287[/FBV]

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Wags has a message for everyone this morning.

[FBV]10155419320149287[/FBV]

damage model confimed :lol:

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5