How to install Liveries in 2.5? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Rhinozherous

Default How to install Liveries in 2.5?

Hello!

I want to install some repaints from the User Files for the Dora, but I am unable to find the correct folder. Anyone who knows?

Thank you very much
Old 05-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Texac

I believe,

Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\FW-190D9

Liveries/SkinsDCS Screenshots
Texac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Rhinozherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texac View Post
I believe,

Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\FW-190D9
Alltough I found the original, preinstalled Liveries in this folder my downloaded repaints where not appearing in the mission editor...

Installing Liveries in DCS was always a pain in the a** ^^ I hope they make it more easy in the future.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
Rhinozherous

Okay, this is the right folder, but the liveries I tried seems to not work. They where from Porcorosso86. Other repaint worked without problem.

Thank you!
Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Texac

Putting in the liveries is quite easy if they are set up properly. It requires 8 mouse clicks, even less if you have the livery folder sticked on to your Windows Start button.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
Texac

Have you unzipped the downloaded file?

Old 05-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #7
Shahdoh

DCS has been constantly working towards getting custom files out of the main install. They created the SAVED GAMES folder to be used for this purpose. Try it instead, you will need to create the liveries folder and the aircraft folder for which you have custom skins for.

Example:
Code:
C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Saved Games\"DCS VERSION NAME"\Liveries\FW-190D9\"Custom Livery folder name"
As stated previously, make sure the files are not zipped up. After the FW-190D9 folder should be folders with the name of the skin and in there, the description.lua file along with the *.DDS files.

PS: One additional thought. The description.lua file identifies which country the skin is selectable for (At the bottom of the file usually), be sure in the mission editor, that the country for the a/c is selected or you will not see it available.

Last edited by Shahdoh; 05-21-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Shahdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
Rhinozherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahdoh View Post
DCS has been constantly working towards getting custom files out of the main install. They created the SAVED GAMES folder to be used for this purpose. Try it instead, you will need to create the liveries folder and the aircraft folder for which you have custom skins for.

Example:
Code:
C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Saved Games\"DCS VERSION NAME"\Liveries\FW-190D9\"Custom Livery folder name"
As stated previously, make sure the files are not zipped up. After the FW-190D9 folder should be folders with the name of the skin and in there, the description.lua file along with the *.DDS files.

PS: One additional thought. The description.lua file identifies which country the skin is selectable for (At the bottom of the file usually), be sure in the mission editor, that the country for the a/c is selected or you will not see it available.
The problem was, as you stated, that the Liveries I tried where setup for "GER" only in the cfg. My mission was setup for WWII with "Third Reich" or "NZG" in the cfg. This solved the problem.

Thank you very much!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #9
Bananimal

My problem is I load the skins and the names for them show in the mission editor list. Even the refuel/rearm skin list panel within the mission, but the skins don't change when they are selected. They keep a default skin. Does the same thing in the Model Viewer too. All my other aircraft skins work fine. Scratching my head here.

As far as ED attempting to clean out the DCS install and forcing users to load skins in the Saved Game folder. NOT COOL! My C: drive SSD is rather small and the last thing I want as a user is to pile gigs of mods on my C: drive. They should give an option in the game to map and external mods folder, not force it to end-user C: drives. Bad move for the very reason I stated. I hate it when Devs dictate where you park mods. DCS isn't the only one that is doing this. P3D vendors are starting to do it as well. The Aerosoft F-14A X is one that comes to mind. Causes all kinds of problems for modders.

Last edited by Bananimal; 05-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Bananimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #10
Shahdoh

Bananimal, you can always move your user data folder to another drive, I have. It works fine and doesn't slow things down that I can tell.
Shahdoh is online now   Reply With Quote