Heatblur Helicopter

CajunJosh

With all the high quality work coming out of HeatBlur and the pretty impressive time tables the company is able to put out for projects is there any possibility they would ever work on a helicopter?

I'm sure that fixed wing aircraft always make more ROI but I feel like the helicopter community is so ready for a new module and if they nailed something like the BlackHawk it would appeal to both fixed and rotor wing guys alike and be a huge success.

I know I'd be willing to pay between $100-$200 for a high quality module like the Cobra or the Black Hawk and I think some of the other helo guys would as well.

Let’s not jump the gun. Yes, the Viggen is ace, and the F14 looks great from what we’ve seen.

Having said that, I’m guessing that choppers require a somewhat different mindset, and Belsimtek have amply displayed their expertise with the Huey and Hip.

Personally, I’d rather see Heatblur capitalise on what they’ve developed to bring us the Viggen and F14. The most obvious being the Tornado and F111, both of which are from a similar time period and also have multi crew and swing wing.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

...The most obvious being the Tornado and ....

Tornado was my first real love back in 1991 when Tornado from IDS has been released. Changed my life substantly.

:wub:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

As someone who is getting into rotors and really like Heatblur I think it would be awesome but I don't think it's a good idea for them. They would have to expand a bit because it would really be a new branch of development that would be costly. So it would have to be seen as a bit experimental at first.

I would pay good money for a new heli, the question is what technology and role would it incorporate?

I read somewhere there is a hind on the way but then it would be good to have a nato counterpart to it.

And if heatblur was the produce a helicopter then i imagine they would want to incorporate the jester technology so that then favours gunship platforms. But then we have the argument that they have not produced a heli in dcs and that other devs should do it instead using their tech.

To that i say, NAY! let HB make one, they've proven that they can make awesome aircraft with complex systems and lighting so it would be interesting to see how they would tackle a helicopter.

Wonder what they would make though. AH64D? Cobra? Blackhawk? hell even a Little bird would be a sweet addition and would act much like the Gazelle but with more weapon versatility, rockets, miniguns and tow missiles on racks.

I do favour the Blackhawk in this situation as we could do with something thats newer then the Huey but can also multirole with tows, missiles and even fuel tanks.

Tornado was my first real love back in 1991 when Tornado from IDS has been released. Changed my life substantly.

:wub:

Still one of the best mission planners ever.

The ability to split up flights and assign individual TOTs was awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Heatblur has actually mentioned a while back they plan for helicopters some way along the lines (unfortunately can't find the thread at the moment). And as you probably know, the BO-105 has been handed over from MilTeck-5 to another not yet revealed third party developer. Small, subtle hints from MilTech-5 and above information makes me believe (and hope) Heatblur is that secret BO-105 developer. The BO-105 have been used by the Swedish army and as you know many of the team members are Swedes.

Edit:

I think it's this comment by Cobra (#2) I am referring to (hard to remember). Not really a promise but still...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3174767

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

... I think it's this comment by Cobra (#2) I am referring to (hard to remember). Not really a promise but still...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3174767

If Heatblur was actually making a Blackhawk, that would be a dream come true for me. If they did one of the DAP versions, it would be even more so. We'd get a pretty good gunship with a lot of weapon types, good electronics and a helicopter that could do aerial refueling. I hope it's not too classified to make and we see one some day.

With the look, feel, and expertise from the Heatblur folks on this and other projects, I'd imagine them doing a top-notch job on a MH-53J/M Pave Low.

I would rather see them do something fixed-wing, but this is a 'what-if" helo topic.

:)

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

With the possible A-6 PFM it would be great if they did a SH-60. A carrier full of flyable aircraft would be a dream come true!!!

Only if they actually do the SH-60F and HH-60H. For some reason, every developer out there puts SH-60Bs on carriers. 60Bs are Shoe Kites. They hung out on small boys. 60F and 60H had totally different missions tailored for CVW ops, and are actually way more interesting to me, having flown them IRL...

The prospect of Heatblur making a helicopter is exciting indeed.

There are many interesting machines which as of yet are not in DCS:

Mi-6

Mi-10

Mi-26

Mi-14 (amphibious)

Mi-2 (The Red gazelle)

Mi-24 with rotating gun turret (Mi-24D?)

(Mi-24 with doorgunner?)

Mi-34

Ka-25

Ka-26 (even more agile)

(Ka-29TB)

(Ka-31)

PZL W-3 Sokół

That's only the Russian/Eastern Block helis...

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

HH-60G/MH-60G Pave Hawk!

It would introduce a helicopter into DCS that would be able to fulfill a whole slew of different missions in a modern day high threat environment. It's a specialized CSAR/Special Operations platform. Sure, technically you can fly those missions in a UH-1H or a Mi-8, but in a high threat environment and adverse weather conditions they are very ineffective. Here are some of the Pave Hawks onboard systems:

INS/GPS/Doppler navigation

SATCOM satellite communications

Secure/anti-jam communications

LARS (Lightweight Airborne Recovery System) range/steering radio to compatible survivor radios

Automatic flight control

NVG night vision goggle lighting

FLIR forward looking infrared

Color weather radar

Engine/rotor blade anti-ice system

Retractable in-flight refueling probe

Integral rescue hoist (60.7 meters)

RWR combat enhancement

Infrared jamming unit

Flare/chaff countermeasure dispensing system

Two M60, M240, M2 or M134 crew guns including additional door mounts for two M2's.

3,600kg capacity cargo hook

Folding rotor blades and a tail stabilator for shipboard operations

Provisions for the External Stores Support System (a.k.a external stores)

Pretty please HeatBlur? What's not to like? :joystick:

dlsxtZq.jpg

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Fun speculation :)

Swedish HKP-9 (also known as Bo-105) The project was picked up by a 3rd party as a joint-venture.

Maybe Heatblur?

1: It is Swedish.

2: It fits great with the AJS-37 Viggen.

3: One of the SME's is Swedish with ties to the Viggen dev crowd.

Edited by Schmidtfire