does this aircraft is gonna get more updates?

aldox

Also the model need a refit, very low polycount compared to the others warbirds...

And what about a german campaign? We have at least 2 campaign for every allied warbirds and none for the 109/190...ED must keep them at the same level of the others because the money spent on them are the same spent on allied's plane...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I stopped buying any products from ED because of this..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

.... like removing the armored back glass

do you mean the armored plating behind the seat? I think Galland reconsidered this after a particular mission. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The external model, the cockpit is a good start, then the model...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Exactly! I mean that thing isn´t even correctly modeled. In the manual they show it with the correct Flettner tabs on the ailerons - nothing on the ingame model. No mechanical gear indicators on the wings either.

Hell, even that pay-to-win-arcade-game from Gaijin has the exterior model of the K4 correctly modelled. I guess we can expect at least the same grade of detail from DCS...:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Hell, even that pay-to-win-arcade-game from Gaijin has the exterior model of the K4 correctly modelled. I guess we can expect at least the same grade of detail from DCS...:music_whistling:

Arcade it may be... but it's a LOT of fun to me, playing in Simulator mode :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

The production K-4s didnt have aileron Flettner tabs, but I am missing those mechanical gear indicators.

Why shouldn't they have had Flettner tabs? They're even in the original manual described.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why shouldn't they have had Flettner tabs? They're even in the original manual described.

and never confirmed on any known K-4 photo

(the same for mechanical gear indicators)

Flettner tabs are documented only on few G-6s and probably G-10s (10s were from WNF factory)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

There are several photos of K-4s with mechanical gear indicators. Check this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135154

I think there is one picture of a very early K-4 prototype that had aileron Flettner tabs, but definitely none of the production models had them.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Exactly!

Please don't compare that piece of junk for DCS model. WT's exterior is FAR from correct. It's like comparing some old Revell model kit from 60's to latest Tamiya kit. While DCS k4 is missing couple of things, it still have best external model of 109 in any sim to date. Of course some updating would be nice as it starts to show it's age after these years.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are several photos of K-4s with mechanical gear indicators

yep, you are right

so, mechanical gear indicators are truly missing

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Please don't compare that piece of junk for DCS model. WT's exterior is FAR from correct. It's like comparing some old Revell model kit from 60's to latest Tamiya kit. While DCS k4 is missing couple of things, it still have best external model of 109 in any sim to date. Of course some updating would be nice as it starts to show it's age after these years.

Since a few weeks there's another K4 on the market with mechanical gear indicators and no Flettners. And, most importantly with no drifting issues.

I desperately hope that the DCS K4 gets more love than just some cockpit polish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since a few weeks there's another K4 on the market with mechanical gear indicators and no Flettners. And, most importantly with no drifting issues.

I desperately hope that the DCS K4 gets more love than just some cockpit polish.

What drifting issues ?

Personally, I would give them a pass on this one. Afaik the 109 was one the planes begun during the Shevchenko disaster and finished by ED to the best of their ability but let's be honest the external models are really not that great (especially 190D).

The Spitfire cockpit and model has already left a much better impression on me which I connect with being developed by ED and I will personally wait until more WW2 planes of this generation arrive. I expect the 190A to be the new milestone.

Also a big update to the existing planes is currently done so no one can say that the existing users are left behind.

What drifting issues ?

That ground physics "improvement" detailed discussed in another thread. The wheels have lost grip on the ground and it still doesn't matter if you locked or unlocked the tailwheel, you could spin her around like there's no tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah! Ok, now I see. Thx Kappi.

But I should add that among the various sims I have used with 109s, DCS is the only that naturally calls for the use of rudder, even without we having to look at the turn coordinator.

It's common to the other WW2 modules, and unique to DCS.

My experience with other ww2 flight simulators, even those I also like very much and keep using, is that sometimes I am using rudder when I shouldn't or more lss than I should because unless I stare at the TC, it doesn't come naturally to mind "virtual pilot mind"...

Edited by jcomm