Simple Range Script

Ciribob

That's quite helpful....

No other suggestions what would cause the script to not recognize bombs entering the trigger zone?

IIRC two common causes were

1. not waiting until script has loaded before selecting client slot

2. not re-running the do script file trigger after modifying the target units

Two issues I've had, 1. target zone names (capitalization), 2. enter a different vehicle first.

Somewhere in the documentation at one time it stated that you should enter a different vehicle first before entering the aircraft you wish to actually use. Once in this first vehicle (it may actually be enough to join as JTAC but I haven't tested that that I can remember) you then pick the slot you actually wish to use.

So I always use a HUMVEE to define the perimeter of the strafing target zone. Join as JTAC, select the HUMVEE and then enter the HUMVEE and you should get the messages that the scripts have been loaded.

Then escape back to slot selection and join in the aircraft you actually wish to fly.

Pay close attention to the target zone names. Capitalization counts!! Check the documentation or open the range script in an editor for their names.

Those two were the issues I always ran up against.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Joining anything will work - the trigger doesn't fire until a second of game time has passed so even spectators would work as long as it's not paused.

After that, just join the aircraft and you'll get the F10 menu

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 3 weeks later...
Joining anything will work - the trigger doesn't fire until a second of game time has passed so even spectators would work as long as it's not paused.

After that, just join the aircraft and you'll get the F10 menu

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your script, I've used it sucessfully to create Weapons Training Ranges, but I find it isnt really suited for single player use, as it forces the player to enter one aircraft first (or go into spectator) and only after that he can select his real aircraft.

By any chance, do you have a simpler version of this script that works with a single "player" rather than multiple "client" pilot?

Best regards and thanks again,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

By any chance, do you have a simpler version of this script that works with a single "player" rather than multiple "client" pilot?

Or, even better, ED would just fix this bug after all this time.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your script, I've used it sucessfully to create Weapons Training Ranges, but I find it isnt really suited for single player use, as it forces the player to enter one aircraft first (or go into spectator) and only after that he can select his real aircraft.

Best regards and thanks again,

Eduardo

Currently not possible with the way the script is written, it could be modified to add the F10 to existing flights and new spawns when loaded but unfortunately no time

Regardless of of requiring multiple client slots of observer slot, it will work perfectly fine in single player :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

... Regardless of of requiring multiple client slots of observer slot, it will work perfectly fine in single player :)

Yes, it does work well .. I was looking to streamlining the initual setup somewhat, as I intend to share some of my missions with other users and thus was striving for ease of use :D

Thanks a lot for providing this script, it really helps to improve one's markmanship. Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble getting this to work. I can get the strafe pits to work great. But it does not detect bombs. Tried the mission that came with it, as well as the latest version of MIST no joy any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind, answered my own question, bomb height was set higher than I was.

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• 3 months later...

anyone using this script?

how big should the trigger over the the bombing targets be?

what´s wrong when I dont´get any "new callsign rolling in" calls?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

anyone using this script?

yeah, I use it on some of my missions :)

how big should the trigger over the the bombing targets be?

I make it the same size asa the target object, 60 meters if I recall correctly.

what´s wrong when I dont´get any "new callsign rolling in" calls?

That message is only for the gun straffing targets ... not for the bombing runs.

Here you can download missions that I made for the MiG-29, that use this script, so you can study how they work:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226686

Best regards,

Eduardo

yeah, I use it on some of my missions :)

I make it the same size asa the target object, 60 meters if I recall correctly.

That message is only for the gun straffing targets ... not for the bombing runs.

Here you can download missions that I made for the MiG-29, that use this script, so you can study how they work:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226686

Best regards,

Eduardo

Appreciated mate

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Well now Im getting the callsing rolling in call, but very very close to the strafing area, almost vertical to the foul line.

What does depend on this? the waypoint setup of the unit that marks the location of the targets?

Well now Im getting the callsing rolling in call, but very very close to the strafing area, almost vertical to the foul line.

What does depend on this? the waypoint setup of the unit that marks the location of the targets?

Correct, the waypoints enclose a rectangle around the straffing targets ... it should be a long rectangle and you will get the mesage when entering this rectangle and lower than the script preset max altitude.

Correct, the waypoints enclose a rectangle around the straffing targets ... it should be a long rectangle and you will get the mesage when entering this rectangle and lower than the script preset max altitude.

yes, now works fine. However I have a question.

It tw strafing zones are set, each with their targets, I need to set two different WP rectangles for the script to track hits at the particular zone.

So what if an aircraft overflies one and on his way to the other?

... I have a question.

It tw strafing zones are set, each with their targets, I need to set two different WP rectangles for the script to track hits at the particular zone.

So what if an aircraft overflies one and on his way to the other?

I’ve never needed more than a single straffing zone, so I dont really have experience with your question ... maybe you can try to separate the two zones a bit more, perhaps placing the bombing & rocket targets in-between?

My target range has this layout:

5xxl3IV.jpg

Eduardo.

I’ve never needed more than a single straffing zone, so I dont really have experience with your question ... maybe you can try to separate the two zones a bit more, perhaps placing the bombing & rocket targets in-between?

My target range has this layout:

5xxl3IV.jpg

Eduardo.

Thank you Eduardo, I will let you know how things go.

I was working with Nevada map, but some of my sqn mates don´t plan on buying it, so I have to restart the mission using Caucasus :)

Thank you Eduardo, I will let you know how things go.

One last thing, the image above is from an early attempt at a target range, I wanted a target set for a run with heading 90º .. but forgot about the magnetic declination, so latter versions have the range rotated 6º clockwise, that way its at 90º magnetic rather than the 90º true used by the Mission Editor.

How do I add a JTAC/Spectator slot?

I can see in your missions you have one slot, but can´t find it on the mission editor.

Its one of the top buttons on the left toolbar, not at the pc right now, but try each one until you find it :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

Its one of the top buttons on the right toolbar, not at the pc right now, but try each one until you find it :)

Thank you, I will try tomorrow, Im off to work now :thumbup:

Join as JTAC, select the HUMVEE and then enter the HUMVEE and you should get the messages that the scripts have been loaded.

Simple Question...is there a reason the script would work single player and not multiplayer? I've been using this script for quite a while now and it has simply stopped working for me in multiplayer.

Works fine single player, Start Mission, Join Observer, Go to spectators, select a client...works every time. I've tried for an hour to get the exact same steps to work with the new server and multiplayer and it simply doesn't.

I'm attaching the mission in question. Perhaps someone can figure out why its only working in single player.

Currently not possible with the way the script is written, it could be modified to add the F10 to existing flights and new spawns when loaded but unfortunately no time

Regardless of of requiring multiple client slots of observer slot, it will work perfectly fine in single player :)

Is it possible to get this modification bumped up the priority list a little? There are a lot of us using this script, A better fix / workaround if available would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

[TAC-PG]_PERSIAN_GULF V1.1 4.2019.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 months later...

Hey Folks,

I just made a simple training run on NTTR with one strafe pit and one conventional bomb circle, using latest OB and MIST. The script loads and runs correctly (F10-Other), and I get the "rolling in on left zone" text for the strafe pit.

Have I read the previous posts correctly in that the hits from cannon/MG are not registered/counted? I made several passes with definite hits (shown in debrief), with "ineffective pass - 0 hits" text showing after pullout.

@Ciribob : fantastic work mate, this is a brilliant training tool, especially learning older aircraft with manual bombing/strafing.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

... I made several passes with definite hits (shown in debrief), with "ineffective pass - 0 hits" text showing after pullout.

The default script requires at least 20 hits to register as effective ... edit lines 21 and 28 to lower this limit.