SWAPR - SWeet Automatic Player Replacement script

Hardcard

@HardcardDude thank you so much !

very easy script to add ! THIS SHOULD BE INTEGRATED TO DCS VANILLA ED COME ON ! 5 Stars !  😄

But yea i'm building a mission, seems i have this bug with aircrafts spawning into SWAPR IA, but this happen only for some aircrafts  😕

some buggs and stuff :

-IA placement if offset few feets away from ME placements

-some IA hovering few feets aboce ground

-Client spawning :

• sometimes end by spawning into IA, IA not getting removed and replaced by client 😕, ( in the linked mission for ex: I16, Yak52 in the linked mission)
  • sometimes an additional client slot get created near IA ( in the linked mission, for ex: P47, group of 2 in the ME, 2 clients slots in the serveur, but whnen client get in the cockpit there are 3 aircrafts )

In Sp:

• the IA are despawning well.
  • But still, the IA location is not the same as in the ME.
  • Also, the player taking a P47 makeing spawn a 3rd aircraft on a group of 2 ?

Shooting Range_WWII.mizSWAPR_1_4.luaSWAPR_1_4_Server_Hook.lua

Do you think it  adding suffixes for each group could somehow improve something ?? instead of "Client", better have "P47", "F16" etc... it'll declutter the total of "Client"

I do a bit of A2A dispatcher with moose, and the first thing to do to improve the script is to declutter at max the suffixes, and name each flights indepedently.

Edited by Tomy10

@Tomy10

Unfortunately, I can't check your mission, since I don't own the WW2 asset pack or any warbird module. 

I haven't tested SWAPR in Syria map either, there might be bugs related to parking spot IDs and stuff like that. 

As for the rest of things you mentioned, some of those are explained in the videos and previous comments in this thread. 

For instance, AI replacements are removed after ~3 minutes (no idea why), this is a known issue, you can use static replacements as a workaround, since they don't seem to be affected. 

Also, spawn offsets are intentional, I had to reintroduce them in order to avoid collision problems in version 2.7

As for having several replacements spawning in the same spot, something is clearly not working as it should. 

Btw, you didn't provide your dcs.log, it might contain some clues. 

• 2 months later...

Hey, great script except im having a couple of issues. When they get placed they do not retain the heading (direction) of the aircraft they r filling in for. They also r floating. I have them set to Takeoff from ground as there is no other choice, here below is an example of my issue

Screen_211022_165814.png

Hey Hardcore,

Quick question for ya.  Is there a way to change the initial configuration that certain jets have when they spawn in?  For example, I've noticed that when I have my Hornets set to "Takeoff from ramp", the SWAPR Hornets that are spawned in show wings folded vs. when I have those same Hornets set to "Takeoff from Ground", those jets will spawn in with their wings extended.

Is there any way to manually change this?  I would like to have them all showing with their wings extended.

As always, thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 3:26 AM, Maple said:

Once I move into client the Aircraft moves to a different spot? What I am doing wrong. Thanks. 

Yeah, sadly I have the same issue right now. Can't find the problem. :dunno:

Current HW:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB | 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 @ 3600Mhz
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO | Seasonic Prime GX-850 |Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
  • Logitech X52 Pro HOTAS + Pedals |Meta Quest 3 | Tobbi Eye Tracker 5 | Opentrack with PS3 Eye + Clip | Primary: 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q; Secondary: 28" iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU (both 3840 x 2160, 60Hz, 4K)

DCS Modules (all on Steam):

• F/A-18C | F-16C | L-39 | A-10C | FC3 | JF-17 | AH-64D | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | Mi-8MTV2 | Supercarrier
  • Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Marianas | Sinai

Running on DCS Open Beta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, Maple said:

Bump, 

any updates to the issue above. Thanks. 

@Hardcard is probably on vacations, as he hasnt connected since July 7th .. hopefully he will take a look once he returns. 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

@Maple

Hi there, I think this issue is caused by DCS code which is meant to handle base spawns and the like. 
I don't think I can do anything about it, besides, my plate is full atm, sorry.

@Rudel_chw

Hi there!

We actually sold our flat and moved to a house, no vacation for me this summer, lots of work done and still plenty more to do, it keeps piling up!

I'm just checking in for a bit before going to bed, we just got our new internet connection installed... I haven't touched the computer in a month.
I can scarcely believe that we've managed to get a fiber connection out here... and here's the kicker: I get lower latency than I did in the city 🤩

Won't be able to enjoy a proper DCS multiplayer session or work on scripts until autumn or winter, I'm afraid, there's simply too much stuff to do.

Hope everything is going well!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:58 PM, Hardcard said:

@Rudel_chw

Hi there!

We actually sold our flat and moved to a house, no vacation for me this summer, lots of work done and still plenty more to do, it keeps piling up!

... and here's the kicker: I get lower latency than I did in the city 🤩

... Hope everything is going well!

Hello!

I'm so glad for you .. I guess you moved onto the countryside, I heard on the news that with the growing tendency towards remote-work, many people in Europe are moving away from big cities  🙂    I'd love to be able to do the same, sell the house and purchase a motorhome so we can change location as the mood suits us, but my wife refuses to live far away from our 4 daughters, as all of them live on our same city.

Wish you all the best and if I ever get to visit Spain again, I will contact you to see if we can meet on real life 👍

Cheers!,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Hardcard,

Hope all is well mate.  Revisiting your SWAPR script again as the new Multi Threading version of DCS has opened up some new potential for your code.

Is there any chance that you can update your script to be compatible with the newest release of MOOSE?  Thanks as always.

• 4 weeks later...