hardware suggestions

hellas

i want to buy a new system primary 4 dcs

the system is based on intel

so a z390 MB (MSI Z-390 a-Pro 4 example)

cpu options are

i3 9350KF (4 cores) or

i5 9600KF (6 cores)

about ram i have now idea

should be 16gb (4 beginning)

so some questions

-which ram is best to use

-how big is the difference between DDR4@3200 and DDR4@3866<

why

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/de/de/ark/products/191126/intel-core-i3-9350kf-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

say that only DDR4-2400 is supported (do i have to couble it ? )

-what says te future about DCS and real multicoresupport - atm i wouldt say only 2 cores are supported

i didnt find a better slow 4 my posting - so if ed has a hardwaresections mods are free to move the thread

thx

Hi Ariyaner. Not the good thread. You should go there: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=46

P.S: Anything less than 16Gb will make your PC struggle with DCS.

P.S 2: Precise if you want to fly VR or not. Recommended conf will vary depending on this, mainly for the GPU.

PS 3: Concentrate on super fast CPU, that's what matter most with DCS.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/de/de/ark/products/191126/intel-core-i3-9350kf-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

say that only DDR4-2400 is supported (do i have to couble it ? )

-what says te future about DCS and real multicoresupport - atm i wouldt say only 2 cores are supported

2400 MHz on RAM is the speed which the processors memory controller supports without being overclocked. You can go with faster RAM, this will overclock the memory controller, which translates into slightly more heat (the higher you go the more). Not a huge deal as long as you don't go over the top with RAM speed.

Want to pick upt this topic for me atm.

Acutally I am using an Ryzen5 2600X (specs see my signature).

Doesn't make it sense to switch to the Core i3-9350KF because of its clock speed of 4.6 GHz (the boost would be realistic to reach because of my custon water cooling)?

Or should I stick with the Ryzen5? Maybe should it worth to upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600?

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

Doesn't make it sense to switch to the Core i3-9350KF because of its clock speed of 4.6 GHz (the boost would be realistic to reach because of my custon water cooling)?
No. 1) You'd need whole new platform for it, the money spent isn't worth it. The difference in performance is way to small, if even worth mentioning. 2) The performance difference of AMD and Intel clock speeds are not 1:1. So 4.6 GHz on one doesn't automatically mean the same performance on the other one also having 4.6 GHz (in terms of instructions per cycle).

Or should I stick with the Ryzen5? Maybe should it worth to upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600?
Upgrading to Ryzen 3700X or 3800X for example would be more reasonable, if you're asking yourself what would give you the most decent performance increase.

3200 is sweet spot for RAM

EVGA 2080TI FTW3 ULTRA - 99000k - 32gb 3200 14-14-14-34 - ASROK Phantom 9 - EVGA 1300W - 970 EVO Plus 1TB [X2] - Noctua D15 - Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 [X8] - Asus PG349q 34" 3440 x 1440 @120hz - Oculus S - EVGA D87 Case