Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

Not sure where're you headed to with this one Yurgon?

Is Gierasimov plotting with an unknown 4th party to ruin Ugra's reputation, and ED's along with it? Since we don't know for certain, let's be on the safe side and assume the worst

Neither I mentioned I was plotting anything, nor said anything about any "4th party".

Baco, you are right, I am too a big fan of ED and been with them since the very beginning. Lack of news is prompting these comments, which from time to time are heard and commented by those who actually know.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where're you headed to with this one Yurgon?

I was merely speculating from information I have, and information I don't have.

If you're saying these are unsubstantiated claims made up out of thin air... then I hope you get my point.

Because that's exactly what I am trying to say: some people on this thread have been making unsubstantiated claims out of thin air, that serve no purpose at all other than to put a smear on ED or the 3rd parties.

What do we know about the Syrian map? Nothing new apparently. Why don't we all just leave it at that?

Well after being a DCS client for over 10 years (More of ED and the Fighter collection) i have learned that there is no point in arguing worrying or wondering. If things are going to happen they will, if not they wont, and no amount of discussion in this forums will change that hehehe.

Well said. :thumbup:

Nothing new

their site and screenshots of Syria DCS

https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/#projects

Same as half a year ago though ...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Time we need.

Maybe it will come out with the F-16C :)

Yep, or maybe with the Mi-24.. we will see.

Same as half a year ago though ...
No, more projects have been added. I don't see any other project that looks like DCS though. But UGRA is multitasking on four maps...

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To the contrary...

No, more projects have been added. I don't see any other project that looks like DCS though. But UGRA is multitasking on four maps...

No, all other projects were already on the site, and are described as "conducted", besides it does not matter, as this is specifically about project Middle East.

I keep seeing people these days saying that, but while early access I remember many updates to the map, don't know why you say it only received one update.

Anyway, as they already said, once Syria is released they'll come back to Normandy for another update. Hope that resolves some of the problems and gets us some more content for it.

S!

So in case I remembered incorrectly, I spent some time scouring the forums and this is all I can find to support updates to the Normandy Map:

icon1.gif DCS 2.5.2 Update 3

DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3

To Open Beta

DCS World

• Updater updated (worked with 'deltas')
  • Spawn cold aircraft on ship deck with folded wings.
  • If the unit being followed is destroyed DCS crashes - fixed.
  • ME. Added feature of static templates.

DCS Normandy 1944

• More detailed objects and realistic airfield textures. The textures now reflect the more dusty, lighter, sandy surfaces
  • Removal of permanent structures from ALG airfields
  • Concrete surfaces for the airfields of Evreux, Carpiquet, and Tangmere
  • Shallow water zones along the coastal areas
  • New stone bridges
  • More structures like farm houses outside the detailed areas of the map
  • Added more objects like windmills

This was on 06-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3519335&postcount=13

There was some some speculation about updates but nothing that was actually followed through with.

There was some some speculation about updates but nothing that was actually followed through with.

The Normandy map is supposed to get an overhaul once the Syria map is done.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Normandy map is supposed to get an overhaul once the Syria map is done.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3948720&postcount=201

Since the release and a large update to this map, Urga Media has been very busy to two primary items: The DCS: Syria map and another large, free, update to the Normandy map!

We have no planned release date at this time.

the big thing about the maps for me is trying to figure out how to add a template of objects without having to add each object one-by-one. I never understood the template way....

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

the big thing about the maps for me is trying to figure out how to add a template of objects without having to add each object one-by-one. I never understood the template way....

This should give you some direction:

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Ramstein - see here also for some pre-made templates:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/136413//

Essentially you click EDIT-Add Template and then from the right menu you choose the country and available template.

It's very easy also to create your own templates. Just set a group up the way you want it, use this same menu but indicate that you want to save it from an existing group and give the template a new name.

It's actually very easy to do.

If you mean static templates, those are map-specific groups of static objects that when loaded will appear in the exact place they were saved as.

Should work on the syria map the same as any other.

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering If we will get any airbase in Jordania, will add another contender to the zone, specially for 1967 scenarios.

Doesn't really look like so far.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all

we need some news on it :(

Ugra-Media are you guys alive?

:cry:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Well after being a DCS client for over 10 years (More of ED and the Fighter collection) i have learned that there is no point in arguing worrying or wondering. If things are going to happen they will, if not they wont, and no amount of discussion in this forums will change that hehehe.

amen;):thumbup:

but it's been almost 1 year since Syria map was announced but so far we have zero info on this map despite being shown in some F16 trailers :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

amen;):thumbup:

but it's been almost 1 year since Syria map was announced but so far we have zero info on this map despite being shown in some F16 trailers :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

Theres also no sign ive seen that ugra reads or responds on the English forum. I could be wrong tho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
No news of this in the 2020 preview newsletter... :(

Hi

Once Ugra media are ready We will share more news.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have deleted some posts, please remember our forum rules which can be found at the top of the page.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2