Complaints

Jester986

I bought this module because it was supposed to be integrated into the L-39's radios and nav system. I now have an ILS radio in my L-39 that cannot talk to the HSI. Please address this. Also the knobs are so sensitive I have a hard time entering coordinates or even entering an airport identifier. I've tried scrolling with the mouse and end up on the outer or inner knob when I mean the other and I've bound them to hotas buttons and its a struggle to not over shoot. Could they turn slower?

It has been an unreasonable amount of time since we've had news or an update on this module. Are only flagship modules supported?

because it was supposed to be integrated

Just checked the product blurb and there is no mention that it was going to be integrated into existing cockpit systems. Rather, the description implies that it was always meant to be a standalone unit. Just my take on it, though.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

"Serves as both a communications radio, navigation radio, and GPS receiver"

It's not a navigation radio if it has no VOR/ILS outputs. And that's fine for the one that's just a pop up window but for the one that is integrated into the cockpit I expect it to work with the HSI.

Frankly I don't expect them to touch this module again. I'm hoping nineline or someone will come by and say "hey we'll get to it eventually but it'll be awhile" but between this and the Yak-52 it makes me afraid to buy other low demand modules.

Also from the pop up window l-39 bundle page....

"DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: L-39С Cockpit

The NS 430 for the L-39 module integrates the NS 430 panel directly into the L-39C cockpit (not as a pop-up display). The NS 430 is fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the L-39."

Empasis on "The NS 430 is fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the L-39."

Edited by Jester986

@Danvac perhaps my interpretation of the sales page is unreasonable. I obviously don't think so but ED is welcome to tell me I'm wrong. In any case I'm not worried about the money. I'd just like to be able to use navigation features in the L-39 because it's one of my favorite modules. Sure I can follow a pink line or use its CDI, but you're not doing proper IFR flying that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I bought this addon mainly for the planing the route of FC3 planes in multiplayer servers. Everything works nice, I can create user waypoint, assembly flight plan but I can not save flight planes. So when I will die and have to take off again I have to create waypoints and assembly flight plan once again. In description of the addon I read that device can store 1000 waypoits and 19 flight planes (I do not remember exact numbers). It seems that device do not save waypoints and flight plans for the next flights