NS 430: I haven't a clue...

BEHill75

I bought the NS 430 (not the Mi-8 or L39). I was kind of hoping to check out the functionality so I can practice using one since our aircraft at the flight school use this type of Garmin).

But, I can't seem to get it to work for ANY aircraft, period. Even though the module description states, "...provides ability to display the NS 430 as a pop-up window in almost all aircraft (except for those that have their own advanced navigation systems like the A-10C, Ka-50 and F/A-18C)."

Yes, It is downloaded and active, according to the module manager. Is there a key binding I'm missing somewhere? I looked in the control settings and the NS430 is not listed on the drop-down list.

Is there a key binding I'm missing somewhere? I looked in the control settings and the NS430 is not listed on the drop-down list.

You enable/disable the 2D NS430 for individual modules using 'check boxes' in DCS>Options>Special>NS430

Key combos for the NS430 are defined in DCS>Options>Controls>NS430

• "LShift+LAlt+B" key combo brings up the 2D NS430.

• "LAlt+C" toggles mouse interactivity for FC3 aircraft (so the 2D NS430 can be turned ON, etc.) if needed.

IIRC the 2D NS430 only powers up with the engine running i.e. when sat on the ramp.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 months later...