Disable track file recording in MP

Mustang

• 3 months later...
is the finished autoexec file supposed to be a .lua?

The file itself must be named as .cfg, so autoexec.cfg is the file.

The syntaxto be used if you want create a "complex" logic inside that it's LUA script. :thumbup:

But i didn't recommend to create some articulated code here, rather then i'll suggest to create batch script as suggested by Devrim and maybe use windows task scheduler to keep everything clean automatically ;)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 4 months later...

Holy crap, I just deleted 74 gigs worth of track files dating back to when I built my PC in 2019. I totally forgot that tracks were written for multiplayer. This should be a setting in the menus to disable or at least indicate somewhere how much space track files are using up as it could be easily overlooked.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, AleCisla said:

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I just found out about this saving thing, and I removed almost 10Gb of data from my Multiplayer folder!... I don't want DCS to record my tracks in MP anymore, and I also don't have the "autoexec.exe" and I have no idea how to create one or even what to write it .... can anyone help me? What do I need to put in this "autoexec" file? Can I create it on the Notepad?

Please any help will be nice as my SSD it's not big enough to keep saving this files.

Thanks

I suggest you also to move your SAVED GAMES folder from SSD to HD. I did it here and now I can download lots of custom skins and missions.

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Thanks 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, Mustang said:

disable_write_track = true to your autoexec.cfg

Hello guys. This solution no longer works on my side.

Is there any alternative one? 🙂

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

On 9/5/2021 at 10:44 PM, Devrim said:

Hello guys. This solution no longer works on my side.

Is there any alternative one? 🙂

As mentioned in the first post, it will not disable the file generation at all, at least the .miz file will be included in the generated track .trk files, but at least it will not grow up in dimension while the mission is going ahead.

If you join and leave the server immediately , or you'll stay in the server for 3 hours with 40 other players, your .trk recording file will be always of the same size, close to the original .miz file running on the server.

Tested on the latest OpenBeta now available ( 2.7.5.10869 ) and it's working.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
  • Thanks 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Oh! So sorry. I missed the "it will not grow up" part.

Thanks so much Shaka!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...
2021/9/13 PM8点11分,Maverick87Shaka说:

As mentioned in the first post, it will not disable the file generation at all, at least the .miz file will be included in the generated track .trk files, but at least it will not grow up in dimension while the mission is going ahead.

If you join and leave the server immediately , or you'll stay in the server for 3 hours with 40 other players, your .trk recording file will be always of the same size, close to the original .miz file running on the server.

Tested on the latest OpenBeta now available ( 2.7.5.10869 ) and it's working.

Just use notepad?Why my track file still large after creating a new notepad file?

Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.10 - 04.02.16.05.png

Can you give us the exact dimensions just to give an idea, if we're talking about 2/15MB can be definitely just the size of the mission file that you're joining.
If you have 200MB of file is definitely not the mission only.
Are you using stable version of DCS?
If you're using open beta probably the config folder is inside SavedGames\DCS.openbeta and not DCS as shown in the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, shogun1546 said:

Just use notepad?Why my track file still large after creating a new notepad file?

Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.10 - 04.02.16.05.png

Ensure you change the file type to a .cfg.  It appears your file is actually named autoexec.cfg.lua

If you select "File Name Extensions" from the "View" Menu, you'll see the full file name with extension.

Edited by Ajax-

• 1 year later...