Aircraft Request the English Electric Lightening

Crowman

Hi All.

Sorry if someone's already asked for it, anyone else think a flyable version of the English Electric Lightening would be good to see in DCS. Watching vids of them taking off and then going vertical at Mach 1. Flight systems appear relatively simple compared to say an F-15. A genuine MACH 2 capable aircraft with hopefully no Security issues.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

i would be up for one!

i live near binbrook and the air is still missing the sound of these noisy beasts.

its just to damn quiet now.

20 years after they retired.

and its funny.. the Eurofighters at the minute are being constantly scrambled to intercept Russian bears..

a job the lightening did better :) and probably cheaper.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• 1 year later...

Mmmm F.6 would be fantastic, though there's something about those crazy rocket packs that I just love on older models.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I used to have a 50% share in one of the best maintained airframes in the country until I sold out my share to my best mate but still have access to it and the cockpit. She’s a lovely T5 so if anybody want access for a DCS build just drop me a line. Love the Aerosoft FSX version. Also I have a friend who performs fast taxi runs in F6 at Bruntingthorpe who I am love love to assist. Any interest let me know. They are an iconic aircraft so

It would indeed be a great addition to DCS.

More than a Christian Eagle and yes but only with the Saudis I believe.

That makes it more than the AJS-37 too AFAIK

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I can't see it happening though. No RWR, very much a one trick pony (unless an export version was modelled)

flight sims don't start and end with the airquake crowd

point interception is an entertaining challenge in its own right

a job the lightening did better :) and probably cheaper.

And cooler dealwithit.png

Well, at least the Typhoon can supercruise as well icon_question.gif

I'd love to see that module one day, preferably made by HeatBlur since they're well known for modeling all the things around "just the plane" to make it really complete. A Lightning without proper GCI would be like a Tomcat without a carrier to land on, Phoenix missiles and a RIO...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Absolutely would love a Lightning in DCS. And F.6 my favourite jet by far!

I can't see it happening though. No RWR, very much a one trick pony (unless an export version was modelled)

The only combat it ever saw was as a ground attack aircraft for the Saudi's - so 2 tricks at least :)

Cheers.

And cooler dealwithit.png

Well, at least the Typhoon can supercruise as well icon_question.gif

I'd love to see that module one day, preferably made by HeatBlur since they're well known for modeling all the things around "just the plane" to make it really complete. A Lightning without proper GCI would be like a Tomcat without a carrier to land on, Phoenix missiles and a RIO...

Yeah, ED really NEEDS to get AI and human (better yet) GCI/IADS done right in game for all the devs. Its absolutely arcade mode right now. I'm kinda hopeful since they are doing something similar for the carrier, but it would need to be a free core game functionality so I'm not sure how they fund it since it won't be cheap/easy to do. Its a must for Redfor, and blue used it extensively too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Absolutely would love a Lightning in DCS. And F.6 my favourite jet by far!

Plenty of one trick ponies in DCS already.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

But it's so...god-awful...ugly !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2