No CCIP release after NAV->ANF->NAV (track attached)

corvinus

So I wanted using a target waypoint to help me in CCIP release. I set everything up for CCIP release, but when inbound to the target I switch to ANF such that the TIR is displayed over the target area. This helps me in finding the target. I then switch back to NAV, trigger unsafe, line-up, pull trigger ... and ... nothing :cry:

If I do not go to ANF everything works fine, so for now I try to remember of not going NAV->ANF->NAV, but it is a bit of a pain (mistakes are easily made!).

In the track I switch to ANF, then to NAV and try CCIP bombing. You see the HUD symbology for CCIP, you even see the altitude indication switch to the right in the HUD when pull the trigger. But no bombs release.

Then I switch from PLAN to DYK and back to PLAN on the weapon selector switch. The bombs are now released, although I did not pull the trigger ... It smells like an initialization issue to me.

The mission uses unlimited ammo. After the bombs are reloaded I refrain from switching to ANF and stay in NAV all the time. Everything works fine as you can see.

no ccip release.trk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you, like me, accidentally switched to NAV, there is a workaround. Do trigger unsafe, master select to DYK and back to PLAN. Now CCIP works again ...

Still, it would be really nice if this gets fixed. Typically, I forget all about it, and only find out I forgot when I'm over the target. :cry:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I can confirm the bug; it is easily reproducible.

Being unable to complete a mission from the Mjolnir response campaign tonight, I came here and found this post. Thank you, corvinus! This bug has been bothering me for quite some time. I thought it was just a random bug.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.