Update

Fonz_408

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

We are still working on a number of blocking bugs for the next Open Beta and that we need to resolve them before release. We don't have a specific day or time, but the team is working very hard to have the Open Beta cleaned up for a release as soon as possible.

When we know more, myself or Nineline will be sure to let you know.

Thanks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

We are still working on a number of blocking bugs for the next Open Beta and that we need to resolve them before release. We don't have a specific day or time, but the team is working very hard to have the Open Beta cleaned up for a release as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thanks for the infos. Better a good OB later than a buggy one now. :thumbup:

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Hey everyone,

Thanks

No rush, getting it done right is important(and stress does no one good),

also thanks for your hard work!

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Good that work is proceeding.

Note: The only thing that will happen if people whine about promises being broken regarding release dates and features is that ED will stop giving any information about planned upcoming features in the next Beta... Or any dates for that matter until they have a complete build that is tested and works.

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

I think it is the VR optimization transition that is breaking the update patch.

The move to 2.5.5 is fine and the next big patch is the VR optimization.

It would be plausible to believe vr optimization would be there.

I could be wrong though but highly likely vr engine optimization would be included.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• ED Team
Sounds good but does anyone know if the VR optimization is included in this update they are working on?

It is still in work. While it is working well for some, it is not working well for others. We are trying to get to the bottom of this inconsistency.

Thanks

• ED Team
I think it is the VR optimization transition that is breaking the update patch.

The move to 2.5.5 is fine and the next big patch is the VR optimization.

It would be plausible to believe vr optimization would be there.

I could be wrong though but highly likely.

No, the two are not related.

Thanks

"and that will be changed later"

Logically if it was going to be fixed with the First release...Wags would have said..."It will be fixed before the release...not "And that will be fixed later"

Not necessarily. "Later" could refer to after the video was shot or after the release. It is logically ambiguous.

Doesn't matter to me either way I just wanted to point that out

• ED Team
Good that work is proceeding.

Note: The only thing that will happen if people whine about promises being broken regarding release dates and features is that ED will stop giving any information about planned upcoming features in the next Beta... Or any dates for that matter until they have a complete build that is tested and works.

Partly true. While we will be happy to talk about upcoming features, we may need to hold back on our best projected release dates for versions. These are always our best estimates, but they do not take into account stubborn bugs that need to get worked out.

While most clients get this, a vocal minority don't and they can get rather abrasive.

Thanks

No, the two are not related.

Thanks

Okay thanks for the clarification Wags.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Partly true. While we will be happy to talk about upcoming features, we may need to hold back on our best projected release dates for versions. These are always our best estimates, but they do not take into account stubborn bugs that need to get worked out.

While most clients get this, a vocal minority don't and they can get rather abrasive.

Thanks

Though I understand some people are abrasive and hard to deal with, it's not hard for an ED representative come to this forum, the official forum, and provide proper feedback regarding updates on development and/or delays.

Every time people ask for information, it takes pages of posts until someone replies like you kindly did just here.

It's not about the post not coming in due time, rational people are comprehensive and understand the complexity of these updates.

It's the lack of communication saying: "sorry guys, these bugs are taking a bit longer" without the necessity to ask "how's the update" every time it misses the target date.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Thanks

Yeah, be re-assured that a great number of your client understands and will continually support your work through the low and uneventful period in development of the amazing sim.

All the best.

Thanks

This kind of insight, along with the other post from you and Nineline make me appreciate and respect what you and the team do and deliver to us. Keep up the awesome work and wonderful communication.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's the lack of communication saying: "sorry guys, these bugs are taking a bit longer" without the necessity to ask "how's the update" every time it misses the target date.

Not trying to come off bad, but how often does it need to be said? Are we looking for hourly, daily, weekly updates? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the updates when we get them but the developers can't live on the forums and pacify us.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Not trying to come off bad, but how often does it need to be said? Are we looking for hourly, daily, weekly updates? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the updates when we get them but the developers can't live on the forums and pacify us.

Not hard to figure in this case it’s likely driven by the news we have a 50% performance increase (on addition to Pod magic) on the way. Kinda understandable don't you think or not.

Oh wait, am I off topic?

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Not hourly, daily or weekly if there's nothing to say, of course. But some feedback is appreciated. If ED creates an official update post, flamers don't really have a point flooding the forums asking "where's the update". It's a win/win for everyone, I would say.

Since yesterday, there hasn't been much information about this update. It's not even about the new features anymore, it's about the bug fixes that are due, rendering the sim a bit slow and buggy.

They are busy, the forum may not be a priority, but it only takes a couple of minutes to write a simple update to keep people in the loop. That's all.

And please, don't think all people that ask about the updates are abrasive. Some of us love DCS and just want to fly it with its full potential. At least that's my vision.

Edited by BlueAngel

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• ED Team
Though I understand some people are abrasive and hard to deal with, it's not hard for an ED representative come to this forum, the official forum, and provide proper feedback regarding updates on development and/or delays.

Every time people ask for information, it takes pages of posts until someone replies like you kindly did just here.

It's not about the post not coming in due time, rational people are comprehensive and understand the complexity of these updates.

We have been as open as we can be based on what we know on progress. We posted an update yesterday and another one today, not sure what else we can do.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

We have been as open as we can be based on what we know on progress. We posted an update yesterday and another one today, not sure what else we can do.

What you just did with that global announcement posted on this forum.

That's all those waiting needed. Thank you.

Well... maybe sometimes it's just about ignoring those crybabies who don't appreciate the hard work you guys put into our beloved simulation. They just don't know anything about software developement and would continue complaining even if you'd give them updates every single day...

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Well since you asked for feedback :)

One thing that might be more useful than posting in these types of threads is to post it in the top Official news thread, maybe have thread for updates like this. Keeps it a) top level, and visible to all, not just people that crawl through various threads. I basically check the official updates usually first thing when I check in here.

Just have an "Updates on Updates" thread there and let people know a) when to expect the next OB or stable patch, and if there are delays for whatever reason. I realize its more work for you guys, but it might keep the torch and pitchfork brigade a bit calmer.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well... maybe sometimes it's just about ignoring those crybabies who don't appreciate the hard work you guys put into our beloved simulation. They just don't know anything about software developement and would continue complaining even if you'd give them updates every single day...

+1

Go outside and look and some girls. They are with less clothes these days, which is a good thing. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Well since you asked for feedback :)

One thing that might be more useful than posting in these types of threads is to post it in the top Official news thread, maybe have thread for updates like this. Keeps it a) top level, and visible to all, not just people that crawl through various threads. I basically check the official updates usually first thing when I check in here.

+1

This would be a carter-for-all approach to this communication gap.