F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

MBot

I wanted to play the campaign with a friend in coop on the weekend but it seems this isn't really possible, because of the spawning behaviour aboard the carrier. We tried several approaches to spawning (both spawn before mission gets unpaused, both spawn after mission got unpaused, one player spawns before unpause and the other player after unpause, spawn after waiting 8 minutes), but everytime at least one of us ended up exploding because we spawned on another jet or another jet spawned on us. :(

I guess this is on ED and there is no way to work around it? I hope this will work better with the new supercarrier...

Untill then we will give the Tomcat campaign a try with pilot/RIO coop mode, hoping that spawning works that way at least.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thank you for responding!

Yes the saved games folder is under users :

C:\Users\15702\Saved Games\DCS

But only has these folders:

Config

data

fxo

imageshop

kneeboard

logs

metashaders2

missioneditor

missions

movies

screenshots

tracks

thats all the folders i have.

I read somewhere that inorder to have a mods folder i need combined arms? Could that be the issue?

Thank you in advance

This is my campaigns folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns

If you do not have them yet, you can simply create the "C:\Users\15702\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech" structure yourselve. Simply right click into the Saved Games\DCS folder and select New Folder and name it accordingly.

I wanted to play the campaign with a friend in coop on the weekend but it seems this isn't really possible, because of the spawning behaviour aboard the carrier. We tried several approaches to spawning (both spawn before mission gets unpaused, both spawn after mission got unpaused, one player spawns before unpause and the other player after unpause, spawn after waiting 8 minutes), but everytime at least one of us ended up exploding because we spawned on another jet or another jet spawned on us. :(

I guess this is on ED and there is no way to work around it? I hope this will work with the new supercarrier...

Untill then we will give the Tomcat campaign a try with pilot/RIO coop mode, hoping that spawning works that way at least.

We successfuly played some 10 coop missions about a year ago. If I remember correctly we figured out a procedure to get around most spawn crashes. I think it was something like host unpauses for some seconds and pauses again, then everyone gets into the cockpit and when all have loaded, the game is unpaused again. I am not sure if this was really it, but we got it to work somehow. Ultimately all the spawning stuff will hopefully get sorted out in the future by ED.

We successfuly played some 10 coop missions about a year ago. If I remember correctly we figured out a procedure to get around most spawn crashes. I think it was something like host unpauses for some seconds and pauses again, then everyone gets into the cockpit and when all have loaded, the game is unpaused again. I am not sure if this was really it, but we got it to work somehow. Ultimately all the spawning stuff will hopefully get sorted out in the future by ED.

Hmm, we tried spawning some seconds after unpausing, without pausing again and it didn't work out. I'm not sure how pausing it again would make a difference, but you never know, so we'll give that a try and see what happens.

I really hope ED gets this sorted out with the new supercarrier module. It's been like that for too long..

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Unfortunatly I did not get the INS allignment updated via the workarrounds...

Additionaly some Targets are hard to find without any Sensor or else, like the silkworms in the evening :huh:

So....would be nice to play this campaign but not in the current state.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

What this it mean ? If Yes - next will be start next mission, if No - will start previos mission again ?

3.JPG.5f30d7788dd7176ca5dae1b4c1147fae.JPG

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Can't get it working

I've tried really hard to get this campaign to work but I can't seem to get it up and running. I've managed to get it to generate the first mission using the .bat file but if I run DCS the campaign is listed on the campaigns page but there are no missions to select to start the campaign.

Is anyone else having this issue. I've read the instructions about 20 times and made sure I have all the paths correct.

if I run DCS the campaign is listed on the campaigns page but there are no missions to select to start the campaign.

Can you elaborate on this? You go to Campaigns and it should be listed under the DCE tab. Then you start the campaign by pressing Start or New Campaign or something alike. There is no mission to select.

Can you elaborate on this? You go to Campaigns and it should be listed under the DCE tab. Then you start the campaign by pressing Start or New Campaign or something alike. There is no mission to select.

When you go into the campaign page where there is all the different modules you have along the left side I can see your mod there. But when I select it - as you do if you want to play a campaign or a mission - there's no first mission you can select to begin the campaign

When you go into the campaign page where there is all the different modules you have along the left side I can see your mod there. But when I select it - as you do if you want to play a campaign or a mission - there's no first mission you can select to begin the campaign

That strongly indicates that the Battle Group Delta campaign is installed incorrectly. The structure must be:

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta.cmp

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta_first.miz

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta_ongoing.miz

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta\Active\

etc...

I'm going by heart here, so something might not be perfectly accurate, but here's how it went down.

Yes, I did the INS alignment, and everything worked correctly, map was there and HSI was showing the correct distance to the WPs.

The other thing I did was to write down the coordinates of the targets I wanted to hit with my bombs, then create new WPs to use as targets.

I got to the IP, turned toward the mission generated target WP, then switched MA on and A2G mode. Already at that point, IIRC, the CCIP line was askewed; then I selected the first target WP and WPDSGed it, system switched to AUTO and, IIRC, event the AUTO bomb line wasn't at the center of the HUD, aligned with the target diamond, but on the left side.

After that I deselected the target WP, switched back to CCIP and tried to bomb the targets guesstimating everything (needless to say, it was a disaster...)

EDIT: Tonight I'll modify a training mission I did, chaging the starting date to 1990, to see if it happens again.

I'm going by heart here, so something might not be perfectly accurate, but here's how it went down.

Yes, I did the INS alignment, and everything worked correctly, map was there and HSI was showing the correct distance to the WPs.

The other thing I did was to write down the coordinates of the targets I wanted to hit with my bombs, then create new WPs to use as targets.

I got to the IP, turned toward the mission generated target WP, then switched MA on and A2G mode. Already at that point, IIRC, the CCIP line was askewed; then I selected the first target WP and WPDSGed it, system switched to AUTO and, IIRC, event the AUTO bomb line wasn't at the center of the HUD, aligned with the target diamond, but on the left side.

After that I deselected the target WP, switched back to CCIP and tried to bomb the targets guesstimating everything (needless to say, it was a disaster...)

EDIT: Tonight I'll modify a training mission I did, chaging the starting date to 1990, to see if it happens again.

I had the same issue with CCIP.

I thought it was just me not knowing what I was doing.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

That strongly indicates that the Battle Group Delta campaign is installed incorrectly. The structure must be:

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta.cmp

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta_first.miz

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta_ongoing.miz

...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta\Active\

etc...

That's the file structure I have. Except for the \Active\ folder - but I guess that is created when you start the campaign.

Thanks for your help by the way :thumbup:

That's the file structure I have. Except for the \Active\ folder - but I guess that is created when you start the campaign.

Thanks for your help by the way :thumbup:

The (empty) Active folder should be there too from the beginning, it is part of the zip file (together with a bunch of other folders, such as Init, Debug, Debriefing etc.). The fact that you do not have it indicates that the zip was not extracted correctly. I suggest you check that again.

The (empty) Active folder should be there too from the beginning, it is part of the zip file (together with a bunch of other folders, such as Init, Debug, Debriefing etc.). The fact that you do not have it indicates that the zip was not extracted correctly. I suggest you check that again.

Thanks for that. I'll try restart over from scratch and see if I can get it working.

Still can't get this running.

I've set out everything as per the instructions but and I still end up with the same problem.

There is no mission to select to start the campaign. I've tried clicking on the "okay" or "restart" at the bottom but these are not active while there's no mission to select.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. The mission bat file generates the first mission successfully but nothing appears in DCS.

Still can't get this running.

I've set out everything as per the instructions but and I still end up with the same problem.

There is no mission to select to start the campaign. I've tried clicking on the "okay" or "restart" at the bottom but these are not active while there's no mission to select.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. The mission bat file generates the first mission successfully but nothing appears in DCS.

Basically I'm a massive idiot and it is now going.

:doh::doh::doh: - do I have Gulf map? No.

Bought the map btw so I'm trying out your campaign

Hey guys!

So, last week I tested if the date is affecting the workings of CCIP.

First, I modified a practice mission in Caucasus I normally use to drop dumb bombs, changing the date to June 1st 1990. I added some waypoints, took the same loadout I had in the campaign mission and went up, doing exactly what I did in the aforementioned mission. Everything went smoothly and CCIP worked normally.

So, I decided to fly again the strike mission in the BG Delta campaign.... and, well, CCIP didn't work, again.

As you can see in the screenshots (sorry for the resolution, they're taken in VR), INS was aligned and working (as you can see in the first 2 ss, WP distance is diminishing), I setup the 83s for single bomb CCIP release, and when I selected the bomb the CCIP line was slanted and totally unuseable...

Anyone has any idea why the systems are working this way? Next mission is another strike one...

Screen_200122_231107.thumb.png.731f9e4c03cb2f88beef2b8c3a3cf872.png

Screen_200122_231109.thumb.png.912d188d5139d594b8b6ddd418d5f5c5.png

Screen_200122_231120.thumb.png.26c584a7a70a8bb6e923d5efe3bafdde.png

Screen_200122_231127.thumb.png.7d375b341ecbb8d4a204897bc7d8949c.png

Screen_200122_231744.thumb.png.3a1e7a69e863f563a9e4c27cfdcac1ab.png

Screen_200122_231845.thumb.png.2e266b78ec1d1d982af023bbb9db827b.png

This has been already reported, but no ETA when or if it will be fixed. For now, the only viable solution, it seems, it to change the mission date past April 1994, for GPS to be available.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |