F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #101
QuiGon
Veteran

I wanted to play the campaign with a friend in coop on the weekend but it seems this isn't really possible, because of the spawning behaviour aboard the carrier. We tried several approaches to spawning (both spawn before mission gets unpaused, both spawn after mission got unpaused, one player spawns before unpause and the other player after unpause, spawn after waiting 8 minutes), but everytime at least one of us ended up exploding because we spawned on another jet or another jet spawned on us.

I guess this is on ED and there is no way to work around it? I hope this will work better with the new supercarrier...
Untill then we will give the Tomcat campaign a try with pilot/RIO coop mode, hoping that spawning works that way at least.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-15-2020 at 10:35 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #102
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstombs View Post
Hi thank you for responding!
Yes the saved games folder is under users :
C:\Users\15702\Saved Games\DCS
But only has these folders:
Config
data
fxo
imageshop
kneeboard
logs
metashaders2
missioneditor
missions
movies
screenshots
tracks

thats all the folders i have.
I read somewhere that inorder to have a mods folder i need combined arms? Could that be the issue?
Thank you in advance

This is my campaigns folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns
If you do not have them yet, you can simply create the "C:\Users\15702\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech" structure yourselve. Simply right click into the Saved Games\DCS folder and select New Folder and name it accordingly.
MBot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #103
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I wanted to play the campaign with a friend in coop on the weekend but it seems this isn't really possible, because of the spawning behaviour aboard the carrier. We tried several approaches to spawning (both spawn before mission gets unpaused, both spawn after mission got unpaused, one player spawns before unpause and the other player after unpause, spawn after waiting 8 minutes), but everytime at least one of us ended up exploding because we spawned on another jet or another jet spawned on us.

I guess this is on ED and there is no way to work around it? I hope this will work with the new supercarrier...
Untill then we will give the Tomcat campaign a try with pilot/RIO coop mode, hoping that spawning works that way at least.
We successfuly played some 10 coop missions about a year ago. If I remember correctly we figured out a procedure to get around most spawn crashes. I think it was something like host unpauses for some seconds and pauses again, then everyone gets into the cockpit and when all have loaded, the game is unpaused again. I am not sure if this was really it, but we got it to work somehow. Ultimately all the spawning stuff will hopefully get sorted out in the future by ED.
MBot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #104
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
We successfuly played some 10 coop missions about a year ago. If I remember correctly we figured out a procedure to get around most spawn crashes. I think it was something like host unpauses for some seconds and pauses again, then everyone gets into the cockpit and when all have loaded, the game is unpaused again. I am not sure if this was really it, but we got it to work somehow. Ultimately all the spawning stuff will hopefully get sorted out in the future by ED.
Hmm, we tried spawning some seconds after unpausing, without pausing again and it didn't work out. I'm not sure how pausing it again would make a difference, but you never know, so we'll give that a try and see what happens.

I really hope ED gets this sorted out with the new supercarrier module. It's been like that for too long..

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:25 PM   #105
Quax456

Unfortunatly I did not get the INS allignment updated via the workarrounds...

Additionaly some Targets are hard to find without any Sensor or else, like the silkworms in the evening

So....would be nice to play this campaign but not in the current state.
My Rig: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-8700k@4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 2*1TB HDD (RAID 0), GTX1070 G1, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals + TrackIR5
Quax456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #106
SMN

What this it mean ? If Yes - next will be start next mission, if No - will start previos mission again ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	225326  
Old 01-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #107
RedeyeStorm

@smn, that is correct.
RedeyeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #108
Gianky

Yeah, exactly that SMN
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:57 PM   #109
Gianky

Hey MBot,

could you check this thread, please?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261141

It looks like somehow CCIP is not working in 1990....
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote