FlankerMan

Modern FC3-Level Aircraft Or Not?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Modern FC3-Level Aircraft Or Not?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe, But/Other-Post In Comment.

i voted yes for two reasons:

1. "full clicky" cockpits may seem great , but theyre something of a mixed bag for VR users, where anything that cant be mapped to stick or hotas means an immersion breaking lift-the-goggles-and-decypher-keyboard manuever

2. the appetite for planes in this community far exceeds the resources to make them in full fidelity. some compromise must be made somewhere- lower fidelity may be able to fill some of those gaps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

As above stated Ed is no longer doing fc3 aircraft

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

i voted yes for two reasons:

1. "full clicky" cockpits may seem great , but theyre something of a mixed bag for VR users, where anything that cant be mapped to stick or hotas means an immersion breaking lift-the-goggles-and-decypher-keyboard manuever

2. the appetite for planes in this community far exceeds the resources to make them in full fidelity. some compromise must be made somewhere- lower fidelity may be able to fill some of those gaps

I sort of agree on point 2, but point 1 is bunk IMO, I play in VR exclusively and never use the keyboard, and only map the hotas commands that are in the plane to the hotas, plus VR zoom on a shift key. Otherwise there are plenty of options to play full clicky planes, be it mouse, or various VR controllers. You should check out point control.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Voted no, not for DCS. I think MAC is the way forward for FC3 level aircraft.

I'd rather see more ASM Eastern block aircraft, hinted at as a "a possibility" by 3rd party developer(s), by Wags in a previous interview, in DCS. In addition, I'd rather see the current FC3 level aircraft in DCS replaced by ASM level aircraft.

Yup. I agree here entirely.

The only place for more FC3 aircraft is stuff they really can't do justice to with a full-fi module. But I also want to avoid the inevitable and rather pointless "arms-race" of doing the next FC3 uber fighter (typhoon, or rafale etc).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does anyone know if once MAC goes live if all FC3 aircraft will be limited to their own servers? If that would be the case it would be a good way to level the playing field so no one has the advantage of simplified controls.

Edited by Evoman

I also completely agree on point 2.

make aircraft design equal cokpit equal but performance and electronic weapon systems and tec. instrumentation update them as more information and more details about the technology of the aircraft arrive in the future.

I use the mouse on VR, and I don't find it immersion breaking.

Of course hand tracking will be better ...

Same.

Anyone not able to use a mouse in VR, and tbh, find their keyboard, will marvel at the news that way back in 1888, a court stenographer by the name of Frank Edward McGurrin began to teach touch typing.

The only issues are ergonomics, which are personal.

Back on the topic proper, what we see is a divergence of products, a planning of a "lite" product that can be the home to FC3 aircraft - Modern Air Combat. The door is very much open for ED to create these FC3 "level" aircraft without compromising their quality on full fidelity modules or confusing their customers.

Thus they solved this issue in planning years ago.

I use the mouse on VR, and I don't find it immersion breaking.

Of course hand tracking will be better ...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Wait a minute, I thought MAC was just going to be another DCS module, sort of like an extended FC3. Is it instead a separate thing, like an updated LOMAC?

We do not know yet. Maybe it's not already decided. Surely MAC will be ALSO standalone. Then, will it replace FC3 as a DCS module too? Will FC3 remain as it is inside DCS, and the development of non study modules will continue on MAC? Will FC3 be removed from DCS, offering a discount to its owners to switch to MAC (that would be my preferred choice)? How will servers be managed? We will see in the future...

It has been decided, they have said separate .exe for a while. They said airplanes will be identified in servers as L-39 or L-39 MAC as an example, it’s all up to mission designer

EDIT: should’ve said “everything is subject change”

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

For DCS: Either Full fidelity or nothing. The current FC3 aircraft are annoying enough...

For MAC: I'm not interested in MAC, so I don't care.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg