Q&A Spitfire Mk XIV

any news on a release date? cheers :-)

P-51, 109K4, 190D9, Spitfire MK IX, Normady :joystick:

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy, it's sometime between now and the future :)

then the future is looking bright ;-)

P-51, 109K4, 190D9, Spitfire MK IX, Normady :joystick:

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

Two weeks ...... or more

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what boost pressure are you planning on using? 18, 21 or (breathing intensifies) 25 PSI?

I'm pretty sure 25 PSI was only tested and never used operationally, but 21 PSI was used and these planes also saw combat against the Luftwaffe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a short note to ask whether Force Feedback will be modelled for the Spitfire Mk XIV?

Force feedback is very important to many of us in the WW2 flight sim community.

I use a FF stick, as well as the FF Gametrix 908 seat (with Simshaker for Aviators software app).

Currently loving FF with the Mig-15, Mustang and the Spitfire Mk IX.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that question.....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Pman,

Thank you for confirming the Force Feedback situation in relation to the Spitfire. I am sure you will understand how much the Gametrix force feedback seat and FF joysicks (for which there is a thriving second hand market) bring an aircraft alive to the human senses.

The DCS Spitfire Mk IX is an absolute joy of joys to fly with a FF Gametrix seat and stick and I can only imagine what this might be like when combined with a VR set like the Rift.

In short I am begging you to consider giving life to your Mk XIV Spitfire through the joy of force feedback.

If you have not tried it yet, please give the Gametrix 908 FF seat and Simshaker for Aviators software app a go (I presume you have already tried a FF stick). The Gametrix FF seat and Simshaker software are enjoying thriving business, as can be seen on the 'Input Output' forum threads. The FF seat is great for aerobatic team flying as you can sense the high AOA effects on wings and control surfaces (including airbrakes on jets). You would be really missing something if you don't provide FF for your Spitfire.

Please give us the chance of a better simulation experience by using FF.

Thank you in anticipation.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

+100

Please continue to support DCS Modules with SSA and Gametrix.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Just an FYI...

A lot of the support for chairs, buttkicker and even D-box motion platforms which we use are built into core DCS and nothing to do with the 3rd party devs.

Thank you Ells. To help with understanding, does this mean that there will still be some very basic generic support for FF flight sticks as well, just not precision detail? I am trying to understand the detail of the FF issue. Many customers, like me, will be in the dark and will not fully understand some of the implications of snippets read on the forum. For example, if I read something that says no force feedback for such and such model, as a layman I am thinking that is just what it means, no force feedback. However, I am now thinking that perhaps there is still some force feedback then? Any clarification and/or customer education you may be able to provide would be gratefully received.

Thank you again.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Thank you Ells. To help with understanding, does this mean that there will still be some very basic generic support for FF flight sticks as well, just not precision detail? I am trying to understand the detail of the FF issue. Many customers, like me, will be in the dark and will not fully understand some of the implications of snippets read on the forum. For example, if I read something that says no force feedback for such and such model, as a layman I am thinking that is just what it means, no force feedback. However, I am now thinking that perhaps there is still some force feedback then? Any clarification and/or customer education you may be able to provide would be gratefully received.

Thank you again.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Currently as it stands P-40 and Spitfire will work the same as the Hawk does.

Some functions like the seats etc have some default settings defined by DCS core, we have little - no control on those.

We added some default lines of code for FFB in March 2015 for the Hawk, this has stopped working and will require a dedicated amount of Dev time to resolve not too mention hardware etc etc etc

So for the time being there should be no inference of FFB for Hawk, P-40 or any of our other modules until we confirm otherwise. Which as I have said before, we may look into the future, but I give no promises or any eta when that may be.

Pman

Currently as it stands P-40 and Spitfire will work the same as the Hawk does.

Some functions like the seats etc have some default settings defined by DCS core, we have little - no control on those.

We added some default lines of code for FFB in March 2015 for the Hawk, this has stopped working and will require a dedicated amount of Dev time to resolve not too mention hardware etc etc etc

So for the time being there should be no inference of FFB for Hawk, P-40 or any of our other modules until we confirm otherwise. Which as I have said before, we may look into the future, but I give no promises or any eta when that may be.

Pman

Thank you for your answer Pman.

Good luck with all your projects.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png