Q&A Spitfire Mk XIV

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a thought... Is there a veao warbirds wishlist thread? Had a quick look with no luck...

We dont actually have one, I have thought about it a couple of times the problem we have is that some people think that if you have such a thread it means that if something gets voted for enough that we will do it.

Obviously we have some restrictions as to what we can/cant do.

But its very fair to say that I keep a close eye on the forums (can ya tell? :p) and I have a pretty extensive list of aircraft I want to do over the next few years.

As I let on before, Some do have more than one engine ;)

Pman

The Mosquito is an interesting machine, I'm not sure that DCS quite supports its startup sequence does it? I think you have to have people on the ground start the engine from special ports in the engine fairings while the pilot manages the throttle and mixture to keep the engine alive.

The Mosquito is an interesting machine, I'm not sure that DCS quite supports its startup sequence does it? I think you have to have people on the ground start the engine from special ports in the engine fairings while the pilot manages the throttle and mixture to keep the engine alive.

You can simulate that with the same effect as ground crew turning on ground power etc...

....Not that I have put too much thought into such things.... :music_whistling:

Pman

Well yes and no... speaking as an engineer... It depends on the MK of the merlin.

But yes... in some they needed grnd crew.

487th Squadron

Section Leader

• 2 weeks later...
I personally like the Seafang, MkXiV and MkXIX

Pman

This was recently uploaded and I thought of you.... just listen to this beauty growling!!!!

I maintain that I prefer the Purr of the Merlin... but it's hard not to love this powerful sound!!

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

This Beauty lives near me....

That is really, really nice.

Does your wife know? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry for asking, but what is:

- EFM to PFM standards

- Full ASM

I'm pretty new here ;)

Thanks!

Yeah, the nomenclature is unintuitive.

EFM being External Flight Model (Flight Model external to that developed by Eagle Dynamics for first party modules)

PFM being Professional Flight Model (Flight Model produced to exacting standards being accurate to the original aircraft in all flight regimes)

ASM being Advanced Systems Model (Systems Model being the code that governs the systems within the aircraft such as the switches, displays, radios, controls in general etc etc.)

This was recently uploaded and I thought of you.... just listen to this beauty growling!!!!

I maintain that I prefer the Purr of the Merlin... but it's hard not to love this powerful sound!!

Sorry......

That does not have a merlin engine that is a griffin.

could not help.... i am anal must have every thing right when it comes to spitifres.

487th Squadron

Section Leader

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the Spitfires!! I can't wait for this module to come out! Pew pew!

Supermarine Spitfire! ;)

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

Just seen the display at Flying Legends! awesome!!! 4 Mk1s in formation!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)