Q&A Spitfire Mk XIV

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Spitfire has more priority then the Eurofighter? But as always, keep up your work!

Different team so no not really, but it is primarily elements of the "Warbirds Teams" that are working on it with some cross over between some projects. P-40F is the primary focus at the moment for them with whatever spare capacity as things complete moving to Spitfire. Rock is a good example, he is pretty much there with external work on the P-40 so he has been working alot on the Spitfire recently.

I am pretty much the exception, I have a hand in all the Warbird / Early Jet stuff - That being my job and all :smartass:

Pman

Trust me, I am pushing for Spitfire at every available opportunity! :thumbup:

Now that is what I like to hear! :thumbup:

Here is some inspiration for us all ;) (And yes I know the silver one is technically a Mk 18 :P)

32058785964_02efa0b391_b.jpg[/url]

32521472020_7aaefa2c67_b.jpg

59.jpg~original

63.jpg~original

65.jpg~original

Not that you need since you are a stone throw away!

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Unfortunately I cannot claim them, they were taken from the great photographers that post regularly on this website.

I did actually have my own pictures from Flying Legends 2014, unfortunately my brother accidentally deleted all of them :doh::mad: oh well I will just have to go again :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Really? I think Pman is getting sick of my constant ear chewing about the XIV! :lol:

The more the merrier :D unless your handle is "Pman" :music_whistling:.

I can add one that I did take :)

Pman

Hells bells that is one of the best photograph of JEJ I have ever seen, fantastic...

Yoink! Thanks for the new desktop!

One of her naughty bits!

28569584695_cc1fdcc4c9_o.jpg

1076:G-SPIT / MV268 by David Whitworth,

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

I know it's all WIP but looking at that last pics it seem that the textures works in different way about the light's rendering (difference with the close ED's Spitfighter is remarkable).

I noted the same thing (light's rendering) in the last Kittyhawk screen.

Anyway thanks for the pics!

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

While the P-40 and the Spit all look great, I'd would just like my Hawk to be further along than it is now, there's more time spent talking about a/c not yet on the plate then the one that is, the Hawk. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

While the P-40 and the Spit all look great, I'd would just like my Hawk to be further along than it is now, there's more time spent talking about a/c not yet on the plate then the one that is, the Hawk. TC

How exactly did you come by this intel? Sitting in the VEAO offices were you? :music_whistling:

Or is this merely prejudice and assumption?

How exactly did you come by this intel? Sitting in the VEAO offices were you? :music_whistling:

Or is this merely prejudice and assumption?

*Quick sweep of the office space* lol

But no, I've lost count the amount of times Chris and I have said that P40/Spitfire development has no impact on the development of the Hawk "2.0"

All moving resource from P-40 or any of the other warbirds to Hawk would do is delay the Warbirds, not make Hawks work go any faster.

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The allied pilots are counting the days until the release of the Spitfire Mk. XIV. :) I'm just keeping my fingers crossed you guys don't catch too much flak for the Kittyhawk's performance in the meantime. It's an early WWII warbird afterall, and will be hardpressed against the german superbirds of the late war type.

In any case looking forward to both birds. Finally someone other than ED will be releasing not one but two WWII warbirds, and thats a nice milestone!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The allied pilots are counting the days until the release of the Spitfire Mk. XIV. :) I'm just keeping my fingers crossed you guys don't catch too much flak for the Kittyhawk's performance in the meantime. It's an early WWII warbird afterall, and will be hardpressed against the german superbirds of the late war type.

In any case looking forward to both birds. Finally someone other than ED will be releasing not one but two WWII warbirds, and thats a nice milestone!

It really is one of 2 fronts, the P-40F will be ok at slower and turning fights, the roll rate is very good as is the turning radius. But for pure speed it wont match nor in climb performance.

But then we don't pick our development aircraft for their combat performance.

The P-40F for example attains something like 2100-2200ft p/min in climb, a good 1500ft p/min down on some of the other aircraft.

The Spit XIV with 21lbs of boost peaks at over 5300ft p/min

For a pure example

Pman

Im counting on its good dive speed, something that is often overlooked. If it can get close to the Spit's IX turn radius, it's going to be deadly in the right hands. I think it should already be superior to the Spit IX in its roll rate. In any case Im not worried. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.