Viggen flight on take off

Eira

Just curious to other viggen pilots, does the viggen go 'sluggish' on you when you lay off the throttle?

Been taking it up recently, finally putting weapons on it. Taxi to runway, line up, AB-2.. get in air above treeline, gear up, flatten out, drop back to 100% throttle (non AB) and the plane just goes 'chug' and slows down a chunk.. before slowly building up.

At first I thought it was flaps, like the hornet or that, but 'it doesn't have flaps' :D at least that I've found.

The Viggen accelerates very slowly after take off at slow speeds and high AoA. That's normal, just use the AB until you reach a higher speed.

Depending on time critical waypoints and constraints, you may accelerate to 400 km/h with AB zone 2 (this will bring you to ~100m altitude) then to 700 km/h using zone 1 and level out, and then using MIL power.

Some guy around here made a calculation for best fuel efficiency using the different afterburner stages. It must be somewhere ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1