Just a shortlist of some things for the future

Shadow_1stVFW

Loving the updates. Below are just a few request I hope to see addressed in the future. Keep up the good work.

1. Ghost Velocity Vector not staying level with horizon (it stays level relative to velocity vector wing line currently)
  2. TPOD Sensor head not stowing in STBY mode (it stays in bore sight currently)
  3. 8-Way controls for TDC (currently only 4-way)

1bfb745614c00d7838a70215ae1568a4.png

7fcb6a34a586b66c634424ef9d9c56ef.png

f29e146e48868b351f74f423fadaa364.png

251a378e8ccad0e096396cd06272e025.png

Edited by Shadow_1stVFW

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Loving the updates. Below are just a few request I hope to see addressed in the future. Keep up the good work.

Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack, :blush: but...

1. Ghost Velocity Vector not staying level with horizon (it stays level relative to velocity vector wing line currently)

What exactly does the GVV show?

2. TPOD Sensor head not stowing in STBY mode (it stays in bore sight currently)

3, 8-Way controls for TDC (currently only 4-way)

What exactly is that, "8-Way controls"?

My request so that I'm just a little on topic,

please, fix the analog controls of the TDC, pretty please :helpsmilie:

8<

f29e146e48868b351f74f423fadaa364.png

251a378e8ccad0e096396cd06272e025.png

Why does the TPOD on the Hornet have stickers all over it from the places it's visited [Acapulco, Bagdad, Abu Dhabi...], and on the Harrier only [Jesus Loves You] and a fish stick-figure?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack, :blush: but...

What exactly does the GVV show?

What exactly is that, "8-Way controls"?

My request so that I'm just a little on topic,

please, fix the analog controls of the TDC, pretty please :helpsmilie:

Why does the TPOD on the Hornet have stickers all over it from the places it's visited [Acapulco, Bagdad, Abu Dhabi...], and on the Harrier only [Jesus Loves You] and a fish stick-figure?

The ghost velocity is a representation of the flight path adjusted for wind. So it's where the aircraft is actually headed. In the harrier we only see it in NAV mode as the HUD is automatically uncaged in AG mode and caged in VTOL and AA mode.

The issue is that currently the ghost velocity vector actually shows the toght thing but the regular one does not stay level with it. That's why when you're making turns you need to reference the ghost for aircraft attitude. Makes precise flying hard. And, it has a side effect of making the VTOL vector incorrect (try to fly a level break turn in VTOL mode with the velocity vector to see what I mean). I realize its probably not a big deal to everyone. But it's a big one for me. Just personally.

And the 8 way controls are for a TDC up, down, left, right AND up left, down left, up right and down command. I use an 8 way hat switch for my TDC which works great for me. But I can only go up down left and right, diagonals would be nice. And the axis for all you weirdos that use that haha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Thanks for the answers :thumbup:

I kind of thought that's what the GVV was for, but I was never sure whether the VV or the GVV was showing the true vector in side winds.

LOL I didn't think of using the hat for TDC, bc I always us it for trim.

I was thinking that I had read in the forum that the Real-World™ TDC has a function that when you press down while slewing that it's faster or slower or something like that, and to simulate that with a 4-way hat, you'd need the control-objects to assign.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

1. 8-Way controls for TDC (currently only 4-way)

Good luck with that. I've yet to see any DCS module with that working. Some accept 8-way input, but it always freezes up strangely until you release the hat completely, basically you can't switch directions without going back through the center.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The ghost velocity is a representation of the flight path adjusted for wind. So it's where the aircraft is actually headed. In the harrier we only see it in NAV mode as the HUD is automatically uncaged in AG mode and caged in VTOL and AA mode.

The issue is that currently the ghost velocity vector actually shows the toght thing but the regular one does not stay level with it. That's why when you're making turns you need to reference the ghost for aircraft attitude. Makes precise flying hard. And, it has a side effect of making the VTOL vector incorrect (try to fly a level break turn in VTOL mode with the velocity vector to see what I mean). I realize its probably not a big deal to everyone. But it's a big one for me. Just personally.

And the 8 way controls are for a TDC up, down, left, right AND up left, down left, up right and down command. I use an 8 way hat switch for my TDC which works great for me. But I can only go up down left and right, diagonals would be nice. And the axis for all you weirdos that use that haha.

I agree with this so much! This first hit me in the short landing training mission. They have you land in a pretty decent crosswind and it is SO hard flying a good crabbed approach! You have to estimate your vector. I can pull it off, but that seems like critical information to be able to see when you're supposed to be landing.

I find level breaks in vtol master mode almost impossible. I end up staring at the FPM indicator to suss out my attitude which pulls my eyes off of the alpha indicator, which is why I should be looking at after I nestle the vector on the horizon. I end up porpoising and usually about 50-100ft off from where I should be when leveling out of the turn.

Good luck with that. I've yet to see any DCS module with that working. Some accept 8-way input, but it always freezes up strangely until you release the hat completely, basically you can't switch directions without going back through the center.

Electronically, there is no "center", only 'not any of the 8 switch directions'.

What might be happening is that two of the contacts are being activated at the same time and the system doesn't know what to do with that, and then only becomes 'unconfused' when no-signal is sent.

This is why I never use the diagonal positions, besides that I find it impossible to consistently hit the diagonals on the first try, so I don't configure them and only use the compass directions

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

8 way would be nice but I would settle with the ability to use my 8 way stick in general, even if only 4 way. I have the T16000 and use the one on the back of the throttle for slewing on all my aircraft TGP and Radar but I can't use it on the TPOD on the Harrier even just 4 way. May get it to move up but no other direction, even after I re-center it. Loving this Aircraft since I got it, haven't really played anything else, just a few small things sorted out would be good but I am sure they are working on it.

Mine works 4 way just fine. 8 way would just be nice.

8 way would be nice but I would settle with the ability to use my 8 way stick in general, even if only 4 way. I have the T16000 and use the one on the back of the throttle for slewing on all my aircraft TGP and Radar but I can't use it on the TPOD on the Harrier even just 4 way. May get it to move up but no other direction, even after I re-center it. Loving this Aircraft since I got it, haven't really played anything else, just a few small things sorted out would be good but I am sure they are working on it.

TDC axis slew is broken since ever and they, unfortunately, haven't managed it yet to fix it.

Yeah, its really bad...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

:doh:

Controlling the TDC through an analog joystick-type controller is what isn't working, and hasn't been for MONTHS :mad:.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

The 8-bit hat works, but 12-bit doesn't.

Ie. I can slave perfectly work CH throttle hat to all directions and around.

But with VKB hat it will stop between axis each time I cross them (North, East South and West directions).

So I think it is DCS problem or something that how 255 levels and 16000 levels are calculated and handled.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Which means the analog TDS slew works everywhere except in the Harrier, so it's not a HW problem.

Besides, the slew-stick works perfectly well when slewing a waypoint. Absolutely not issues there. It's only in slewing the target carrot, and only when getting nearer to a target. If there is not target anywhere near the carrot, there's no issue -- at least the last time I tried it.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I just tried both the AV8 and the M2000 on on both the TDC axis seems to work fine, quite smooth and easy to move, there does seem to be a small jump on the tgp pod on the harrier, if you mash full deflection, but if moved slowly there are no jumps. I am using a virpil constellation, with the analogue thumb stick. The stick to move and push to lock. (in the mirage)

Edited by tempusmurphy

Oh boy this thread got high jacked and off topic. I'm not talking about the axis commands. I'm talking about buttons.

We have TDC:

- Left

- Right

- Up

- Down

I want TDC:

- Up Left

- Up Right

- Down Left

- Down Right

I don't use an analog axis for my TDC. Haven't, not planning on it anytime soon.

Can the TDC even be slewed diagonally? IIRC it should have only 2-axis, so only 4-way?

The real TDC is an analog thumb-stick.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Well, diverting a bit from the discussion, something I'd REALLY like to see implemented is wind correction for AUTO and CCIP modes. Oh, and some sort of dithering/low res filter in the ARBS video, in RL it's an analogue camera similar to Maverick's, it cannot provide the same image quality as the TPOD. Same for HUD FLIR.

Well, diverting a bit from the discussion, something I'd REALLY like to see implemented is wind correction for AUTO and CCIP modes. Oh, and some sort of dithering/low res filter in the ARBS video, in RL it's an analogue camera similar to Maverick's, it cannot provide the same image quality as the TPOD. Same for HUD FLIR.

That would all be great.

Also, in addition to wind correction, it can also do moving target correction (as a form of wind correction). That would be really great to get in game.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That would all be great.

Also, in addition to wind correction, it can also do moving target correction (as a form of wind correction). That would be really great to get in game.

In general, I think the whole dumb ammunition delivery system needs to be revamped, to take into account the different ways to solve the triangulation problem during the ordinance delivery, in order to model properly the lack of accuracy when Target is not designated with the arbs.

Heatblur did a masterpiece in the Viggen in that regards.