Laser bombs with TGP

Kirbs454

I have now tested with old and new missions - no difference, still missing by a large margin. I then tried an air-start instead of full startup (I always do full startup), and this seems to work. In saying that that, with the air start, the Waypoint box on the lower display is unboxed, waypoint zero is set, and there is no active waypoint sequence.

I vaguely remember Spudknocker on his YT video suggesting there could be a conflict between the mission waypoints and the waypoint set by target designation with the TGP. I will try another groundstart and leave the nav page as is.

Have you done a repair as well? I did a repair that didn’t work, then I made a new mission. Consistent impacts.

I then tried to ‘save as’ an old mission and rename it. Didn’t work. Only the mission I made after the update works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there are a bug for LGBs lasing via TGP?

Because Im sure that I make everything correct, and LGBs never spot the laser and still miss the target.

On the other hand, MavE works pretty fine with lasing from TGP and always hit.

So maybe its a bug only for LBGs?

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Is there are a bug for LGBs lasing via TGP?

Because Im sure that I make everything correct, and LGBs never spot the laser and still miss the target.

On the other hand, MavE works pretty fine with lasing from TGP and always hit.

So maybe its a bug only for LBGs?

I think so too. I think it’s either the geometry is bugged, or the bombs viewing area is bugged.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I think so too. I think it’s either the geometry is bugged, or the bombs viewing area is bugged.

After using them extensively today I’m convinced the release geometry is off. The release cue is a few seconds off. It overshoots the laser. If you switch to CCIP or manual release about 6 seconds before the auto cue gets to zero, it grabs the laser.

I was flying with 8 bombs and 4 targets, first one hit, second one above 25kft missed with the same kind of problem (the TTI was 35 seconds when I was only a mile or so out), back down to 20kft and targets 2 and 3 hit perfectly then launched that last 4 at one go and they all homed in on the poor T90's hatch!

Great fun to have a tpod finally even though its still WIP, I do wish though I would stop pressing the bloody uncage button instead of pickle, my muscle memory is warped, all lined up, ready, release cue....press uncage...wtf...damn it....

Can LGBs be used against moving targets? And can TGP slave moving targets? Tried once, but its very hard to point track moving targets, that was way easy in A-10C...maybe WIP still?

Yes it can. Just make sure it's on PTRK and not ATRK (point vs area)

This mod really makes me wish we had the super hornet so I could have more stations to put stuff! lol

Without using waypoints at all (only selecting sequence to see the route on the SA page), I am able to get consistent hits with LGB's. As others have mentioned, it appears very likely that the auto delivery erroneous delivery cues are cause by some conflict to the waypoint system. Even if the designation appears to be exactly on target, the release queue is way too late resulting in an overshoot release point.

I can reproduce this consistently.

To summarise, in my experience, in order to induce the inaccuracy:

1.) On the lower display, box the Waypoint in the top right.

2.) Set the waypoint to 1.

3.) Box the sequence option (don't think this has an actual impact)

To NOT break it:

1.) On the lower display, ONLY box the sequence option. Do not touch the Waypoint box nor change the waypoints.

I have tried deselecting (switch the box off) on the Waypoint button top right mid flight and then designate the target, but once it has been selected it breaks the delivery queue for me. I hope this helps whoever is trying to troubleshoot the issue.

On my side, it always hits, using GBU-12's, i just retried to make sure, first try on moving trucks to make it more complicated for our sim :) and moving boats, both direct hits, and i even tried with a selected waypoint set as designated target also to try the waypoint thing, no issues at all.

I entered the waypoint using the UFC, selected it and designated as target, droped my LGB, hit on target for the moving boat, reslected my waypoint, re-designated, retargated my second target, the moving trucks, and direct hit as well.

What i do are pretty simple:

Make sure laser set on all stations

Set fuse on all stations

Make sure i'm A/G and master arm

LTR/D switch On

on FLIR DDI i make sure TRIG is boxed

(here it doesn't help with GBU. but by habbit, i make sure PRECISE is boxed in DATA pages and i select when entering waypoint SEC LATLON)

And the most important thing (and i think some people might forget to), when i'm ready to go in for the GBU drop, i press TDC depress button with my FLIr as SOI so my TGP boresigh becomes the waypoint (i say waypoint, but not it's the proper name, like any manualy placed HUD TDC for AUTO mode pass) for AUTO mode and forgets about my already selected waypoints or waypoint designated target, and when i'm going in for a moving target, i reupdate it by repressing TDC depress button a few times to adjust the waypoint initial drop area. After that even if LTD/L stays lit on my DDI, i keep anyways the trigger pressed to lase until visual impact on the DDI.

So far always good hits on all GBU drops.

Edited by Doum76

Yes it can. Just make sure it's on PTRK and not ATRK (point vs area)

This mod really makes me wish we had the super hornet so I could have more stations to put stuff! lol

I think in A-10C LGBs was not able to track and hit moving targets? Or Im wrong?

So see this track, pls. Tried 4 x LGBs drop today. First from 6000 ft, the bomb spot the laser and hit the target. Second one from 14000 ft. bomb dont sport the laser and miss. Trhird from 10 000 ft - dont spot and miss target again.

Last one was again from 6000 ft, again spot and hit.

So maybe there are a bug and LGBs cant spot the laser from high altitude?

LBGs works only at low ATT.trk

So see this track, pls. Tried 4 x LGBs drop today. First from 6000 ft, the bomb spot the laser and hit the target. Second one from 14000 ft. bomb dont sport the laser and miss. Trhird from 10 000 ft - dont spot and miss target again.

Last one was again from 6000 ft, again spot and hit.

So maybe there are a bug and LGBs cant spot the laser from high altitude?

Tried again, from 27 650 feet, direct hit, again, entered a waypoint first, designated as target, then found my target with TGP, TDC button depressed to select my TGP's target, to test out the waypoint issues some mentioned that might caused the issue if a waypoint was selected before. All good again on my side

Edited by Doum76

Yup, my bombs are way overshooting the target at any altitude. I've only tried it on the PG map. JDAMs are not a problem at all.

With the GBU-12s Im using

Auto bombing

First fuze off

second fuze INST

Code 1511 for both Bombs and TGP

DDI set to trigger.

Tried both point and area track

WPT Box on HSI unchecked.

TDC Depress with FLIR as "SOI" or selected (diamond)

For some reason, it seems to want to release the weapon directly over the target. For 350 KIAS at 15,000 HAT the weapon should release between 5-7NM slant range.

The A-10C LGB algorithm is without hitch, except for LOFT deliveries; which the A-10 was never meant to do anyway. In the hornet, I tried releasing high at 20k feet and near stall speed in hopes the bomb would nose down quicker; yet still overshot the laser region.

I've experienced both the bombs hitting and missing. Last night they were massively late to release so never pitched down enough to see the laser, under 4 miles to target at 20,000 ft, the night before they were on target each time.

I have no idea why it would be different, same mission, same targets, different results.

One of the guys I was flying with tried to replicate it and his were on target.

It's got nothing to do with the laser, the bombs are still mostly horizontal as it passes over the target, they'd never see any laser spot.

Manual release from 10 miles until 5 miles to target work fine, so that's how I'm doing it for now.

try to drop your nose 10 degrees before pickle that solve my issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Flying level at 23.000 ft / 360 kts, I dive the nose to 10° 20 sec from Autorelease. Once the bomb has been released I return to level flight.

At higher altitudes the dive angle and/or time to Autorelease must be higher.

Hope to see a fix for this asap.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Just to make sure, does everyone remember to set the laser code for all of their LGB stations and not just the first one? Because it might have happened to someone once :music_whistling:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Just to make sure, does everyone remember to set the laser code for all of their LGB stations and not just the first one? Because it might have happened to someone once :music_whistling:

A code mismatch will only result in the GBU not tracking, not a late delivery queue. This issue has now been verified by many people and it is not a laser code or laser firing issue. We are trying to work out the exact conditions that cause this so that ED can fix it.

A code mismatch will only result in the GBU not tracking, not a late delivery queue. This issue has now been verified by many people and it is not a laser code or laser firing issue. We are trying to work out the exact conditions that cause this so that ED can fix it.

I also think the release cue is a little too late, but for me, GBU-12s (haven't tried with others) still track the laser and hit just fine, even from 25000 feet altitude, pretty much 100% of the time. I was thinking that some people may actually have "good enough" release cues, but the bomb failed to spot the laser and flew past the target.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro