[NO BUG]take off auto flaps - f18 - pitch up?

PPPAnimal

If you allow me to express my opinion on this: I‘d rather prefer the ED team to work on systems and features for those that want to fly the Hornet realistically and follow the correct procedures instead of modelling the behavior of the jet when not following the procedures. Unless time and resources permit...

Really no offense here, just my personal opinion

If you think about it, if they only modeled it to behave a certain way when you fly it by the book then you could fly it any way you like, with or without flaps, gear up or down and it would just do the same thing all the time, you have to program in bad things to happen if bad things are done. The question is just does this bad happen in the real jet.

Are you playing the same game dude? don't touch a thing, no trim adjustments, no T/O trim, just full after burner. it will take off by itself no blown tires and a speed of about 200.

Did you actually read what I wrote? If you don't re-trim, it's your fault, not the planes fault!

Btw, the way you are 'testing' is definitely game like and doesn't provide any help in trouble shooting.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Did you actually read what I wrote? If you don't re-trim, it's your fault, not the planes fault!

Btw, the way you are 'testing' is definitely game like and doesn't provide any help in trouble shooting.

Did you even test re-trimming to see if that helps before posting. Seriously man, Trim has 0 effect.

ok, did lots of testing. learned a lot. Narrowed it down.

so on hot start missions, your sitting in parking with +12 trim on stab.

If you take off with or without flaps, this trim is then moved to +16 and once in the air it backs off.

too about +3 if your in auto flaps

and backs off to 0-1 if using flaps.

So that's the only factor? this stab trim of +3 after takeoff if your not using flaps. hmmmm.

so lets say you used flaps, and your trim is 0-1 in air now, flip flaps to full or to auto, no effect, your in auto flap mode already. This happens automatically at around 250. Like the manual says, but why does this no happen if your in auto already? yet flipping to flaps then back to auto then gets you from that +3 to a +0 trim on stab again but only if your below 250 so the flaps actually move, not just a software reset. odd.

so now lets land, conventional landing, no flaps, our stab trim will now set to only 6-7 on the ground. why not the 12 we had at first? whatever, so if you take off now, in auto flaps, no pitch up, trim returns to 0-1 @ 1g. Interesting.

You can take off and land all day now, no pitch up, if you don't use flaps to land. 6-7 stab on ground, 0-1 stab in air. Perfect.

Till we land with flaps, stab will set to 12 on ground again. and take off in auto will pitch up again with +3 stab trim in air.

So its the trim?

I have set that +12 stab trim on ground to 0, and still, it pitchs up constantly after take off with a trim of +3 on stab. Set it to +25 on take off and pitches up still. in my test, a bit less at stab trim of 2 and 1.6G. But still trim on ground does not seem to be the reason it pitches.

Conclusion: Your trim settings do not effect if it will pitch up or not. Only effect is if your last landing was conventional without flaps (no pitch on next take off) or with flaps (pitch up next take off no matter what trim).

Fix: Have auto trim setting do its job, trim to 1G no matter what, unless pilot trims aircraft after take off. Its not like you have a choice on the ground anyway. Auto flaps will just remove any trim adjustment you make anyway. Trim only effects your roll down the runway, once wheels leave ground, WOW its all in the computers hands. trim to 1G.

So i still feel this is a bug. Either one the F18 has that ED copied for realism, or a mistake by ED. Apparently no one knows.

Still want to tell me its my fault for not trimming? Do your home work before you talk. lol I thought we were fighting on the same side here. Looks like everyone is just looking for someone to yell at rather that figuring out whats going on with this.

• ED Team

ED does not consider this a bug

Thanks for the feedback and your conclusion

/closed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2