Uninstalling without losing user missions

Armamalvada

Hey there. I want to uninstall the game to reinstall it in another harddrive, however, I'm asking myself whether doing this will delete my current created missions and any other possible user generated content or if I will be able to keep it in any way and still have it saved when the install

is done.

Web version, by the way, not Steam.

Thanks in advance!

DCS has the marvelous feature of not requiring uninstall/reinstall every time there is an issue .. you can just copy the program’s folder from one disk to the other. You do need only to update the game’s shortcut, so that it points to the new folder.

Your configuration data (including your missions) are stored separately from the program, at /users/your-user/saved games/dcs ... this means it wont change when you move the program’s folder.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Hi Armamalvada

user mission are usually stored in your saved games location

example: C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

The uninstall should not touch this folder, but it is always good practice to make a backup just in case.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2