My Stennis deck config

fagulha

Hi all!

Just leave something very simple but may be useful to someone like me.

It´s my Stennis deck config for carrier ops, for missions (although i remove some statics so its possible to use more AI aircraft for some missions), etc.

The red line it´s the parking config i use always, i can change carrier config but leave the parking scheme as it is. The blue dots are deck crew (Navy equipment mod) that i placed i my way to taxi and parking.

Hope someone enjoy, or can replicate.

If it will be desirable i will leave a .miz file template.

Take care,

F.

Stennis.thumb.png.5ce3b7b7c5d1fc538a0ed99a35ca74bf.png

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thanks for sharing, its always nice to see other people's approach to the carrier config :)

.. here is mine: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3722384&postcount=32

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for sharing, its always nice to see other people's approach to the carrier config :)

.. here is mine: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3722384&postcount=32

Best regards

Wow! Thank you a lot for sharing your deck config! is perfect i was looking for something like this. I used to have a more detailed deck, lots of statics but it gets to a point that i start to loose fps in VR, so, now i use a more simple deck but fully enjoyable. Going to try yours!

Thank you once again and i´m very thankful for your work,

Keep up :)

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Wow! Thank you a lot for sharing your deck config! is perfect i was looking for something like this. I used to have a more detailed deck, lots of statics but it gets to a point that i start to loose fps in VR, so, now i use a more simple deck but fully enjoyable. Going to try yours!

:) you are most welcome .. remember that the file I attached is a Static Template, so it has to be stored on /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate ... then you can load it on the Mission Editor using Edit -> Load Static Template

I prefer this format as then I can easily add a Carrier Fleet into existing missions without disturbing their previous content ... however, one drawback is that the Static Templates are Map specific .. the one on that post was meant for the Persian Gulf.

If you dont have that Map, here is a similar Template but for Caucasus.

On the Template the fleet is heading on a standard course, you can change it by moving its Waypoint1 (do the same with the Wp1 of the rescue helo) .. I'm so glad that ED fixed the bug that messed up the statics when one re-oriented the ship :)

Cheers!

CAU - Blue - CVN Battle Group (by Rudel_chw).zip

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

:) you are most welcome .. remember that the file I attached is a Static Template, so it has to be stored on /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate ... then you can load it on the Mission Editor using Edit -> Load Static Template

I prefer this format as then I can easily add a Carrier Fleet into existing missions without disturbing their previous content ... however, one drawback is that the Static Templates are Map specific .. the one on that post was meant for the Persian Gulf.

If you dont have that Map, here is a similar Template but for Caucasus.

On the Template the fleet is heading on a standard course, you can change it by moving its Waypoint1 (do the same with the Wp1 of the rescue helo) .. I'm so glad that ED fixed the bug that messed up the statics when one re-oriented the ship :)

Cheers!

Yes, thank you. I figured out by one of your older posts in the thread about deck config :)

I have the map, and i love it. Theres a lot to fly.

Yeah, i remember that bug about statics stay on same position after re-oriented the ship ;) it was a pain. I create my own missions, usually simply enough but with details, like statics, triggers, and sometimes i use .ogg files for sounds. Learnt by myself because i was tired of missions without details, statics etc, so i started to watch videos, forum, and here i am :)

Thank you once again,

and i will config the fleet heading, wind, etc :)

Cheers!

PS: i do the same for airfields, lots of statics. Hope someday that will improve from core.

Hi all!

Just leave something very simple but may be useful to someone like me.

It´s my Stennis deck config for carrier ops, for missions (although i remove some statics so its possible to use more AI aircraft for some missions), etc.

The red line it´s the parking config i use always, i can change carrier config but leave the parking scheme as it is. The blue dots are deck crew (Navy equipment mod) that i placed i my way to taxi and parking.

Hope someone enjoy, or can replicate.

If it will be desirable i will leave a .miz file template.

Take care,

F.

Looks fantastic. Would love to have the .miz template. Many thanks.

How did you get your Navy equipment mod working in the newest OB? I tried it but the models don't render.

It works for me .. I use this Mod: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/

Currently it has a minor flaw on the transparent part of the helmet .. but you have to zoom in quite a bit to notice.

Just curious - Does this static mapping allow you to set the spawn points? or just the static AC only? I've never worked with the static map before.

Any pointers to other threads most welcome... :)

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Glad you like it. Later on the day when i arrive home i will post here the template file or .miz for you :)

Cheers,

F.

Just curious - Does this static mapping allow you to set the spawn points? or just the static AC only? I've never worked with the static map before.

Any pointers to other threads most welcome... :)

Well, i use statics not only for visual and imersion but also to spawn in the elevators. Ex: i place statics on the Six pack zone and then i willl start my mission in the available elevator. Statics give different spawn points for your own aircraft ir group, its not perfect its a lot of trial and error but it gets the things done.

With this config i can have 2 aircraft launching from CAT 3 and 4, and my group of 2 spawn in elevator 4. If i want more AI aircraft launching i rearrange my deck, delete or move some statics. (All statics are placed by me/you there is no spawn point to statics, just place them wherever you wanted them to be)

Try by yourself, and you'll soon enjoy your full deck :)

Hey again,

here you have Stennis with deck full, the wind is set for carrier landings, so, if you change Stennis heading you need to change wind heading too for match with Stennis, so you can have wind over the deck for carrier ops. Change things at your liking, and hope you enjoy.

I use Stennis improved textures, and other liveries for S-3 and E-2D but in this file i kept the default ones for you.

You need Navy Equipment mod for this.

Best regards,

F.

Stennis Template Persian Gulf.miz

Hey again,

here you have Stennis with deck full, the wind is set for carrier landings, so, if you change Stennis heading you need to change wind heading too for match with Stennis, so you can have wind over the deck for carrier ops. Change things at your liking, and hope you enjoy.

I use Stennis improved textures, and other liveries for S-3 and E-2D but in this file i kept the default ones for you.

You need Navy Equipment mod for this.

Best regards,

F.

Thank you very much. My home made missions are going to look so much better now!

I assume the Navy Equipment mod is available from the User Files section of the DCS website.

Cheers.

I assume the Navy Equipment mod is available from the User Files section of the DCS website.

It is this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/

:)

Thank you very much. My home made missions are going to look so much better now!

Cheers.

You're welcome. I'm glad i could improve someone DCS experience.

Happy flying!

Best regards,

F.

Thank you for helping me out :)

Best regards,

F.

Edited by fagulha

Hi,

Does your deck config support AI at all spawning and or landing?

Short answer: no.

You can have AI planes landing although they taxi thru the statics, no harm done, unrealistic but to have the deck crowded somethings won´t work well.

Like i said earlier, it´s trial/error. If i want a mission with AI planes taking off etc, i delete/re-arrange the statics so things can work. With this config i can´t have AI spawning, but you can have AI taking off from the cats 3 and 4.

If you want more AI you can delete the statics in the Six-Pack area, i usually put statics in the Six-pack so i can spawn in the elevators. Trial and error.

If you have any questions or suggestions please say so :)

Enjoy.

EDIT: if you want AI spawning try to delete or move the statics in the elevators or/and the ones in the Six-Pack.