T50CM Throttle is awesomeness

Johnny Dioxin

Very impressed with the new CM throttle that arrived on Friday. I'm still busy programming it, but I will write a full review in a week or so, once I've had a chance to give it some air time.

So far, it's :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Very impressed with the new CM2 throttle that arrived on Friday. I'm still busy programming it, but I will write a full review in a week or so, once I've had a chance to give it some air time.

So far, it's :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

In the forms here a user stated some problems with the throttle adding like 10% to a value can you confirm this problem? There is another forum post about it

Yeah, I don't really see an issue. I just tested the throttle handles and the analogue PoV stick on the throttle. All carefully calibrated with the VPC software.

In DCS the PoV stick is pretty much perfect - I can see zero difference between movement of the ministick and the axis indication in the controls panel - nor any excess movement either way - it looks 100% perfect.

With the handles, the only thing I can see that is even slightly amiss is that there is a very slight movement of the handle (each one) before it registers input. Can't imagine this would be an issue, as it's a tiny movement at the start of travel (none at the end).

The two rotary knobs seem accurate as well.

Hope this is what you are after - if not, tell me exactly what you'd like testing or please post a link to the thread you are referring to.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Yeah, the review will have to be delayed a little - I've not had much time to use the HOTAS as yet, as I've been so busy making the new profiles.

Only another 25 to do before I've got all my DCS aircraft covered!

It's a real challenging throttle to learn, especially (the stick is easier to learn) because there are just so many inputs to get your head - and fingers - around. :joystick:

Kneeboard Guides

I still intend to do this review - but I'm going to do it on Reddit and/or YouTube, so I can cover its use in other products without being deleted. I'm no expert and I have a new channel so lost my subscribers from the previous Johnny Dioxin channel - just the one so far - but I don't care about that, if people want to watch, they will, and if not, no problem. Never been keen on being a "YouTuber" anyway - just do it for fun as the mood takes me, and I think it's been ruined by Google.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Out of curiosity, why do I need to calibrate the throttle before use? I pre-ordered one last week but am wondering what the calibration will do?

Cheers

It will calibrate it...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

lols, calibration means the software finds the max and min ADU values for each axis and then stores in in the firmware of the device, this makes sure 100% physical movement = 100% deflection for the values returned by the stick

This is done by using the virpil software and moving the sticks axis across the full range a few times (then leaving in the center position for some axis eg A1 on the throttle)

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Just ordered one... :)

Hello Alec, congratulations!

Now I would a little advice if possible from you or anyone who understood this better than me:

- how did you managed to buy that version, if at the VIRPIL site only the T50CM2 is available now ?

The buying process, if I understood it well, is something like:

- you pre-order, then you have 72 hours to do payment;

- but then they can take up to 90 days to ship your order ??

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

1. As far as i know, Virpil doesn't name it T50CM2, users gave it that name. In the shop you will always see the latest iteration of the device.

2. You are right about the ordering process.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

1. As far as i know, Virpil doesn't name it T50CM2, users gave it that name. In the shop you will always see the latest iteration of the device.

2. You are right about the ordering process.

Thank you.

Yes it is somewhat confusing for me, as besides de 90 days period they also mention a 2 week one.

(So I didn't quite understood what is what.)

How much time did it took for you from payment to shipment ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

The buying process, if I understood it well, is something like:

- you pre-order, then you have 72 hours to do payment;

- but then they can take up to 90 days to ship your order ??

Thank you.

Hi Top Jockey!

Hopefully I can help clarify this - for the previous two weeks we have opened our webstore open for pre-orders due to popular demand.

During this pre-order period you can order ANY of our products regardless of current stock availability. Your pre-order will be dispatched as soon as we get all items included in your order at our distribution center. So depending on which items you've pre-ordered, you could receive your shipping notification significantly ahead of the 90 day time frame.

If you do not wish to pre-order, you can of course wait until pre-orders have closed and we've fulfilled all pending pre-orders. Stock will then be made available to purchase from our webstore as per our usual restock schedule (our webstore is restocked roughly every 2 weeks) and dispatched within 7 days of payment, but you can only order items which are in-stock.

If you have any other questions, please let me know :thumbup:

(P.S Pre-orders close at 23:59 GMT today!)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just remember tho 90 days is an "estimate" , currently on day 113 of my 90 day pre-order

Hi HC_Official, thank you for your patience! Just to let you know that pending pre-orders from March are waiting on either the new MongoosT-50CM2 base or the MongoosT-50CM Throttle. This delay was mentioned in a post earlier in June and we do apologise for keeping you waiting.

A lot of pre-orders from March were dispatched significantly ahead of schedule and we're now working around the clock this week to get these remaining pre-orders dispatched :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Top Jockey!

Hopefully I can help clarify this - for the previous two weeks we have opened our webstore open for pre-orders due to popular demand.

During this pre-order period you can order ANY of our products regardless of current stock availability. Your pre-order will be dispatched as soon as we get all items included in your order at our distribution center. So depending on which items you've pre-ordered, you could receive your shipping notification significantly ahead of the 90 day time frame.

If you do not wish to pre-order, you can of course wait until pre-orders have closed and we've fulfilled all pending pre-orders. Stock will then be made available to purchase from our webstore as per our usual restock schedule (our webstore is restocked roughly every 2 weeks) and dispatched within 7 days of payment, but you can only order items which are in-stock.

If you have any other questions, please let me know :thumbup:

(P.S Pre-orders close at 23:59 GMT today!)

Thank you for your time Cyph3r !

Now I guess I got the general idea of it, but please confirm me the following:

When doing a pre-order (which can take up to 90 days shipping), the payment must be done within the 72 hours:

- of placing the pre-order at the site ?

- or only when the product effectively arrives your distribution center ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Thank you for your time Cyph3r !

Now I guess I got the general idea of it, but please confirm me the following:

When doing a pre-order (which can take up to 90 days shipping), the payment must be done within the 72 hours:

- of placing the pre-order at the site ?

- or only when the product effectively arrives your distribution center ?

Payment must be made within 72 hours (we do not need to receive it within 72 hours as we know there is little we can do to influence the transfer processing time, just require the confirmation). Pre-orders can of course also be cancelled and refunded at any time before dispatch no questions asked. If you have any other questions, let me know!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cypher - I really like the new configurator software - thanks for doing that!

All I have to do now is remember to change the profile - I have a terrible memory these days.

It's a shame there needs to be a third virtual device with the single input - but if it's the price for having seperate devices, I can live with it. The best thing was, after making the firmware updates (for CM throttle and CM2 stick) and making the 3 device profile for the throttle, I could then go back to my single device profile and keep all my assignments for DCS World and IL-2 that I had made prior to the updates.

Nice work. :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

1. As far as i know, Virpil doesn't name it T50CM2, users gave it that name...

That's not quite right - the designation does come from Virpil - look in the store and you will see (and especially in the configurator software - it's the only way you can tell it exactly which device model you have).

The throttle is currently designated T50CM and the latest stick is T50CM2

Kneeboard Guides

Thank you.

Yes it is somewhat confusing for me, as besides de 90 days period they also mention a 2 week one.

(So I didn't quite understood what is what.)

How much time did it took for you from payment to shipment ?

I'd not count or anything below 2-3 months of wait (from my own experience). They are unable/don't want to keep stock and it's pretty obvious that they finance the production from pre-order money.

They are currently around 4 months backlogged on CM2 throttle. As nice as Cypher is, their sales service remains horrible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213558&stc=1&d=1562788472

1465128458_Annotation2019-07-10205346.thumb.png.c799f218d187883a78c8fd167dca0b6d.png

I'd not count or anything below 2-3 months of wait (from my own experience). They are unable/don't want to keep stock and it's pretty obvious that they finance the production from pre-order money.

They are currently around 4 months backlogged on CM2 throttle. As nice as Cypher is, their sales service remains horrible.

Hi mdee, I'd like to offer some clarification on this!

So a large number of pre-orders placed in March were dispatched ahead of the 90 day time frame estimate. The pre-orders from March that haven't been sent were waiting on unreleased products (the new VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base unit) or throttle pre-orders which were upgraded for free to the new VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle which is also a newly released product. These items are now in active production at the factory and will be included in our scheduled restock shipment. Pre-order shipping notifications are being sent out as we speak!

Pre-orders that have been placed in the last pre-order period (21st June to 8th July) will be prioritised as confirmed on the pre-order announcement. If your pre-order only includes released items (everything except the V.F.X Grip or our new Rudder Pedals), again these will be dispatched significantly ahead of the 90 day time frame as we receive stock shipments from our factory roughly every 2 weeks. We're currently looking to be able to start dispatching new pre-orders out this month :)

Pre-orders that include unreleased items (V.F.X Grip or our new Rudder Pedals) are estimated to be dispatched within 90 days.

We absolutely do keep stock in our store, and with recent increases in production capacity this year many items have maintained constant stock availability between restocks even in light of high demand! Of course with brand new, recently released items demand is even higher. We work as fast as we can to keep up!

We hadn't been offering pre-orders for a long time, but the option was brought back after significant demand from the community. I hope this clears up any confusion! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]