Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign info

"It's March 1944, the beginning of the end. The Reich has become a fortress without a roof. The large formations of Allied four motors have become daily visitors. Come, join the German Luftwaffe in these dire times. Jump into one of JG26's Messerschmitt Bf-109-s, and find out what it’s like to attack the "fat cats" head on, or to take off in a hail of bullets from the attacking Mustangs. Watch the Allied forces land on the beaches of Normandy, and support the retreating Wehrmacht. Let all the details immerse you in this semi-historical campaign and make you feel like a young Jagdflieger fighting a lost battle, where, like 1944, survival is the most you can hope for."

5.jpg.544f9f617d0ff61e129e006d0b5dec64.jpg

Dear Virtual Pilots,

Thank you for your interest in Jagdflieger, my new campaign for the Bf-109. To be honest, when I created the first two, The Big Show and Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney it was for fun, because Bunyap's campaigns inspired me so much. However, I was pleasantly surprised how much you guys love them and by all the positive feedback I received. I knew I had to keep going and do more. I grew up reading books about Hungarian 109 pilots attacking large enemy bomber formations, outnumbered 10 to 1 at best, and I've always been fascinated by the iconic 109. I was surprised it didn't have more content, no 3rd party campaigns, so I just had to step in and take action 🙂

GO TO THE WEBSHOP

Like BNBOB, Jagdflieger is a semi-historical campaign. I know JG26 wasn't stationed at Carpiquet or Evreux, they were mostly flying Focke-Wulfs by 1944, and not all action happened above Normandy. Creating a campaign like this is always a compromise. Finding the balance. Figuring out how you can make the best out of what you have. What we have in DCS is given - and it's plenty actually - so I just had to use my imagination and my historical knowledge to come up with a storyline that could have happened. As usual, I paid great attention to the details, so I hope you'll feel like a young Luftwaffe pilot in 1944.

1.jpg.ac090b1c53f4a3ed810550aef73451ae.jpg

CONTENT

These 12 missions come with a lot of extra content to make them as immersive as possible. There are hundreds custom radio messages especially recorded for this campaign, as well as dozens of historically accurate custom skins. I'm really grateful to everyone who helped me with them. I decided not to use German voice overs, because they would sound weird with the stock English radio messages, and because most users don't speak German, and therefore a lot of nuances would be lost in translation. All voice overs are in English, but recorded by Germans with authentic accents 🙂

2.jpg.a9ec9b7359aaffd978519733b7796981.jpg

Each mission has two standard briefing images. One is a briefing room chalkboard with all the details of the mission, the other one is a map with headings and distances. Every information that was available for the pilots back then. Where applicable, there are further briefing images such as aerial recon photos of the target area.

0901.jpg.ece96dc90e300410239c8819c7a382fc.jpg  0302.jpg.ceac2ddf0b3ec5f03779571015ec6a85.jpg

This content is also available on your kneeboard: there is a page with the aforementioned map complete with headings and distances and the most important mission details underneath. My recommendation is that you try to use this to find your way rather than peeking at the F10 map that’s full of spoilers. Also on the kneeboard, you will find some pages of checklists and procedures. Try to follow them, and operate your Messer like those young men did back in 1944.

1389274337_Kneeboard11-2.jpg.f0328710fd5dac87b07d593a5bcd9f7b.jpg    1393950873_KneeboardChecklist1.jpg.a45a719db04024ce5b5e54ff76ff2422.jpg

For those with a second monitor or a tablet, a high resolution pdf map of Normandy can be found in the documentations folder.

GAMEPLAY

These aren't Hollywood style missions. No need to shoot down x enemy planes or destroy y ground targets. Every mission is succesfully completed after surviving 10 minutes counting from the mission start. You'll start as No.4 of your formation, but as you progress you'll be moved in to No.3 position flying with a wingman, later lead the Schwarm, then the whole formation. This is always specified in the briefings. The missions are not time sensitive, but I can't stress enough how important it is to read the information given to you, and study the maps and timings in order to fly the missions properly.

3.jpg.6a137e7d39c8935a027903a54f805b97.jpg

Each briefing pdf has a chapter of background story of your character. In order to maximize immersion, you should read those as well, before flying each mission. I know that a large number of AI units can be demanding on your system, so busy missions have an option to remove some of the units. You can activate it via the F10 radio menu during the first 10 minutes of the mission.

I hope you'll like Jagdflieger as much as my first two capaigns. I'm really looking forward to hearing your feedback, your experience, stories of your victories, seeing your wonderful screenshots or playthrough videos. Good luck, and good hunting!

Horrido!

4.jpg.2b916ea57b0c963ba59c2d8cad4c5da7.jpg

CREDITS:

SKINS: P-51 skins by Reflected, Bf-109 skins by PorcoRosso86, B-17G skins by KIZIR_77

VOICE ACTING: FSK Ripper, Rakuzard, Wayan, Flying Rabbit, PreussLee and Yurgon

Screenshots and video by Eight Ball

***IF YOU EXPERIENCE BAD PERFORMACE, TURN OFF WAKE TURBULENCE!***

Edited by Reflected

Nice work! I have played the first four missions now and I really like it so far. Finally a campaign for the 109. The Option to remove some of the AI units at mission start is great, because in VR the normandy map is pretty fps hungry.

Only thing that bothers me atm is the missing skin bug. But as it's already reported I hope this will get sorted out in one of the next updates.

Thanks for making this great campaign. I'm really looking forward to play through the rest of it :)

Greetz, Andy

i7 6700k @ 4,5 Ghz | MSI 1080ti Aero | 32 GB RAM 2133 | 500 GB SSD | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive |:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Reflected,

Thank you for the campaign. Now I have a reason to fly the 109 again. Just made some refresh flights today to “recheck” the 109 and get “current”.

Tomorrow I will star the campaign and, hopefully, If I made some good mission, I will make a small YT movie about the campaign or, maybe, even a series of it.

Special thanks to PorcoRosso for the skins. I already checked and looks like I have no problem with the skins. I just checked the first mission on the start and look for any F2 view problem. Found none!

Take care you guys and thanks.

Sydy

Hi Sydy! Thanks a lot for purchasing Jadgdflieger. I'm looknig forward to your impressions as well as maybe some videos :)

There were some AI changes that messed up all my missions. I re-worked them all, but too late for this week's patch. So I would wait until the next update. The first mission is unaffected, though.

Hi Sydy! Thanks a lot for purchasing Jadgdflieger. I'm looknig forward to your impressions as well as maybe some videos :)

There were some AI changes that messed up all my missions. I re-worked them all, but too late for this week's patch. So I would wait until the next update. The first mission is unaffected, though.

Hi Reflected,

Tks for the info. I will fly the first one and wait for the update next week. Count on my support and videos.

All the best,

Sydy

• 2 weeks later...

I have waited so long for an Axis campaign in DCS!

Thanks for putting in the effort to make this, your campaigns and others are really fleshing out the WWII aspect of DCS. Really looking forward to starting this. :)

@Mango, thanks a lot for the kind words. I'm really looking forward to hearing your feedback! I hope you'll enjoy it.

It's always good to hear what people think, because it not only motivates me to do more and set the bar higher, but also it reveals what you like about the missions, and what you don't. It's the only way I can improve.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice vid, but: "Uzi 1-1 cleared to taxi" -> That hurts. Nothing you can do about it, though.

Yeah, that's DCS, there is no German chatter.

It's a bit demotivating, though: my experience with all my 3 campaigns have been the same: people give bad reviews and dislikes because of things well outside of my reach, such as known bugs with the planes, installation problems (usually user errors), and bad performance (also user error mostly). While I understand some of the frustration, I think it's not fair that months of hard work (hard.work.) is rewarded by negative stamps that have, in fact, nothing to do with the product in question.

See the Steam store for example. It's a "not recommended product", because there are 3 bad reviews. 2 guys have terrible FPS despite their good PCs. Instead of coming here, asking for advice (turn off wake turbulence, etc...) they mark my work as "not recommended". Yet, I can play it smoothly on my Dell G3 laptop. strange. There is another "not recommended" stamp because someone couldn't install it. There may be installation problems but they are always very supportive, and will help you get it running in no time. What does it have to do with the quality of the campaign? My Spitfire campaign's trailer was bashed because the Spitfire's windshield was too tinted back then. Surely, a sign of a bad campaign.

I'd be very grateful for negative reviews that concern my work, so that I can learn from it and make my campaigns better. But nitpicking about stock DCS features is not going to help me, nor will it motivate the devs to work faster. I'm sure they work pretty damn hard already, and they do everything in their power to squash bugs as fast as they can. Remember, I have the same kind of access to DCS as everyone else, and I have the same tools. If you have a problem with ED, don't take it out on me (and taking it out on ED is not a good idea either. Ask for help instead) . If you have a problem with my campaigns, let me know, and I'll figure out a solution by the time the next update comes.

Sorry, it wasn't adressed to you personally, more like a general comment (rant).

:joystick:

Edited by Reflected

Sorry, it wasn't adressed to you personally, more like a general comment (rant).

:joystick:

No offense taken. :)

But I can understand people who don't care if it's a DCS shortcoming or a campaign problem. The experience is the same and you take all the flak for it. WW2 is a very difficult time period for campaign creators, and I really think your decision to make a semi histirical F-86 campaign is a very wise choice. Looking very much forward to that one, btw.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

No offense taken. :)

But I can understand people who don't care if it's a DCS shortcoming or a campaign problem. The experience is the same and you take all the flak for it. WW2 is a very difficult time period for campaign creators, and I really think your decision to make a semi histirical F-86 campaign is a very wise choice. Looking very much forward to that one, btw.

When you put it that way I guess I see your point. It's all part of their experience, a broken trigger, just like a tinted windshield.

And yeah, WWII in DCS is not an easy area. I think it's the good old half empty half full syndrome. Half empty, because DCS is not a native WWII sim, and even though there's constant adaptation (see the new DM), there may always be something modern as a leftover from the original engine (see the stock chatter). On the other hand it's half full, because we have the most realistic, study-level simulation of our favorite warbirds, which is more than I could ever have dreamed of. It has so much potential, and with my campaigns I wanted to exploit and maximize this potential.

WWII is also tricky by its nature. Big formations, impersonal, long, loooong flights, strick radio silence, unaided navigation, etc...it couldn't be further from an action packed hollywood instant action. My new Sabre campaign will take a step or two in the other direction. Shorter flights, more personal storyline, etc... I'm really looking forward to hearing the community's feedback.

And who knows, I may venture in more modern era territories afterwards *hint hint* :music_whistling:

• 1 month later...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2161798/

This is a must have!

Did the same with your others but with the brit voice mod

Love your campaigns, going through them again and cant wait to do them with new damage model. One question, i love your checklists you have for campaign and i fly in vr. Is their a way i can have your checklist for the ww2 birds outside of the campaigns?

Thanks

Edited by Sniper175

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2161798/

This is a must have!

Did the same with your others but with the brit voice mod

Love your campaigns, going through them again and cant wait to do them with new damage model. One question, i love your checklists you have for campaign and i fly in vr. Is their a way i can have your checklist for the ww2 birds outside of the campaigns?

Thanks

Hi Sniper,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that mod. Does this change the default radio chatter to German? It would indeed work very well with this campaign.

The checklist can be found in pdf format in the folder where the other documents (briefings, maps...) are. This is true for all my other campaigns as well. You can open it separately or print it.

I'm looking forward to the new DM too, that plus the new sounds, it will take the WWII experience to the next level :)

Hi Sniper,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that mod. Does this change the default radio chatter to German? It would indeed work very well with this campaign.

The checklist can be found in pdf format in the folder where the other documents (briefings, maps...) are. This is true for all my other campaigns as well. You can open it separately or print it.

I'm looking forward to the new DM too, that plus the new sounds, it will take the WWII experience to the next level :)

Yes that german speech mod changed atc calls and atc to german and other flights. Its the real deal. Using it now in your campaign and its great.:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• 1 month later...
Yes that german speech mod changed atc calls and atc to german and other flights. Its the real deal. Using it now in your campaign and its great.:thumbup:

wow. how have I never heard of this mod? It's incredible and should be in the game by default!

Just bought Jagdflieger and am about to dive in :thumbup:

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

When using this mod I often have to send radio commands like 4-5 times before my pilot actually says something. It is only with this mod that this happens. Does this happen to anyone else or am I the only "lucky" one ;)

Otherwise it's a great mod!

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Reflected,

I have a problem with the Jadgflieger-Campaign and wanted to write you a PM to ask you for a solution.

But it seems, I cannot write you a PM. Tried it two times, but there were no "Send Messages"...???

How can I contact you?

Hi Reflected,

I have a problem with the Jadgflieger-Campaign and wanted to write you a PM to ask you for a solution.

But it seems, I cannot write you a PM. Tried it two times, but there were no "Send Messages"...???

How can I contact you?

Hi,

I received both messages, and I just sent you a reply ;)