DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon - Avionics

wow looking forward to letting six of them fly off the rail :)

I'd imagine you go all giddy at the thought of rippling 18 of 'em then. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

18?

A swarm of angry Hornets was the first thing that sprang to mind :D

By Gawd that will ruin any tank-commander's breakfast. Any confirmation on range yet?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Any confirmation on range yet?

Not that will ever be posted on this forum, no. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ah ok - was hoping for more than 12km. I'll wait and see what VEAO comes up with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can figure out a ballpark via simulation by taking some of the hellfire data, but you'd have to know certain things like terminal criteria etc. In short, we can take a heck of a guess, but it will just be some form of ballistic range which also must depend on the attack profile.

The other question is, are the batteries good enough to account for two to three times the flight duration of a hellfire, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

was just watching the brimstone manufacturers video

nice !

http://www.mbda-systems.com/e-catalogue/#/solutions/air/23/video

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here's a little pic for ya I forgot I had sat around, you'll have to ignore the dodgy stitching job (there was a jet sat in the hangar stopping me getting the whole thing in one pic). I can't find a pic of the Typhoon's tally board, although I'm sure I took one, I'll keep looking as I'm sure it'll be around somewhere in some deep dark part of a hard drive.

This was the GR4 weapon tally about a month and a half in to Op Ellamy (Op Unified Protector and gives a good impression of the insane amount of ordnance that was dropped during the first 3 months. From the top you've got Paveway IV, then Brimstone the lastly buddy lase attacks where the Tornado's lased for the Typhoons early on when there weren't enough LITENING pods to go around/the Typhoons had a few issues that needed ironing out.

OpEllamyGR4WeaponTally.png

And in case anyone wonders the dropped drop tank was dumped by a GR4 on final into Gioia and landed inside the wire. We didn't drive into Libya to get it. ;)

Spoiler

Yeah....12-15km sounds more right (at least aerodynamically) to me; keep in mind Hellfire is an 8km missile, and it's launched from basically 0 AGL, 0 IAS. Huge kinematic advantage from Brimstone's launch platform!

I'll admit, Brimstone is a piece of equipment I wish we had. Though from reading the earlier post about the cold war ripple-fire intent of Brimstone, sounds like maybe the USAF decided to answer the same problem set with CBU97 instead. Certainly each has their advantage- CBU97 is technically capable of engaging more targets (if they're relatively close together), while Brimstone is a better solution for widely dispersed targets and SHORAD-defended targets. There's a lot to be said about that extra 8+ km standoff.

Yeah....12-15km sounds more right (at least aerodynamically) to me; keep in mind Hellfire is an 8km missile, and it's launched from basically 0 AGL, 0 IAS. Huge kinematic advantage from Brimstone's launch platform!

I'll admit, Brimstone is a piece of equipment I wish we had. Though from reading the earlier post about the cold war ripple-fire intent of Brimstone, sounds like maybe the USAF decided to answer the same problem set with CBU97 instead. Certainly each has their advantage- CBU97 is technically capable of engaging more targets (if they're relatively close together), while Brimstone is a better solution for widely dispersed targets and SHORAD-defended targets. There's a lot to be said about that extra 8+ km standoff.

Do you mean the hellfires are not launced also from a helio platform?:huh:

That's not what he said.

Hellfires are even launched from boats, but that is besides the point. It's the kinematic advantage that the Brimstone has due to being capable of being launched from fast-jets that he highlighted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They can do this with MMW hellfires as well, but this sort of use has its own problems. MMW radar has, shall we say, its own challenges. Brimstone is derived from the hellfire, but according to the literature it is a complete re-design, so it might be able to mitigate some of the old problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That's not what he said.

Hellfires are even launched from boats, but that is besides the point. It's the kinematic advantage that the Brimstone has due to being capable of being launched from fast-jets that he highlighted.

Ok, viper, just misunderstood.:doh:

The brimstone is a fixed wing aircraft launched missile. Though the hellfire can also be launched from certain UAV's.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The brimstone is a fixed wing aircraft launched missile. Though the hellfire can also be launched from certain UAV's.
Brimstone can also be launched from ship and ground vehicle tho the MOD did not take that option up

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

What i was trying to say, is that a clean EF2000 can "supercruise" at 1.2ish, but what can it do with a useful load? for example as i stated earlier a Clean f16N(from first hand experience) can stay at mach 1.2 for extended periods of time without the use of AB. Where the F-22 can do whatever it can do mach1.6-1.8ish with a full load. If it can do that with a useful load fine cite some sources and i will admit i was wrong.

Just to be clear here, Supercruise is the ability to accelerate past mach 1 with a combat loadout, not clean. Typhoon pilots have reported at least 1.3 with a combat load, most aircraft cruise at 0.7-0.9 with a combat load.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

What i was trying to say, is that a clean EF2000 can "supercruise" at 1.2ish, but what can it do with a useful load? for example as i stated earlier a Clean f16N(from first hand experience) can stay at mach 1.2 for extended periods of time without the use of AB. Where the F-22 can do whatever it can do mach1.6-1.8ish with a full load. If it can do that with a useful load fine cite some sources and i will admit i was wrong.

I am a valid source. Your information are not correct.

Supercruise has been achieved repeatedly with useful combat load.

Up to M 1.3 .

Of course you are free not to believe me. :thumbup: