What to buy? (looking for suggestions)

FrancisIsHere

So, this post might seem weird, but I'm in clear need of advice.

My birthday is closing in (April 21st) and I would like to invest some of my money on a new DCS Module, taking advantage of the spring sale.

I already own some full modules (A-10c, M-2000, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mig-21) and my current choice is among planes mostly.

I fell in love with the Harrier design, but I read that its development is basically halted until no one knows when.

Also, the Hornet is on discount, but having had my fill with the M-2000 for almost 100 hours I wouldn't like to have a repetitive experience (never tried the Hornet, so pardon me if I said some heresy).

Finally, the Persian Gulf map is on my wishlist since it was released, but it has mixed reviews as well.

I would like to have some advice from more experienced pilots on this forum. What do you think is the best investment?

:pilotfly:

Fly safe.

"Here, let me handle this" *crashes*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hornet really is a pretty awesome module and gets my vote overall.

For all that, I still love flying the Harrier, which is simply unique in what it can do.

The Harrier isn’t complete, but frankly there’s not much missing and it’s been great fun to fly from day 1.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Since you own quite few modules already I would go with the Persian Gulf. Map is stunning and gives really good and realistic mission options.

If I was to choose between Harrier and Hornet in would go with Hornet.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I've got: ka-50, a-10c, fc3, l-39, f-5, uh-1h, ns430, nevada map and ca.

What do you suggest to buy next? I prefer not to buy early access unfinished products, so no f/a-18 or harrier yet. I'm looking at:

- Persian Gulf map (Is It suited for my modules?)

- mi-8 (Is It worth It since I already have uh-1?)

- mig-21 (bugs? Flight model? Damage model?)

- Mirage 2000 (I'm not sure because when f-18 and f-16 will be finished there won't be much room for it)

Suggestions?

I would say that the PG map is the only map module worth buying.

The hornet is quite different than the Mirage and any fighter module we have

The Mi-8 is a different beast, compared to the uh-1.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

but having had my fill with the M-2000 for almost 100 hours

So you managed to amass 100 flight hours in the logbook? That is extreme!

The Hornet can do much more than the M-2000 and it will offer you a significantly different feeling. The Hornet also has much more weapontypes. The only similarity is that both have flight-by-wire, but the flight behavior is still different of course.

Persia Map has overall positive reviews on Steam. Most details can be found in Dubai, so other places like Southern Iraq or the Western part of the map are not very detailed due to performance reasons. Still I can highly recommend it, because most parts are well done plus you get lots of interesting mountain areas in Persia.

I would say that the PG map is the only map module worth buying.

I wouldnt dismiss Nevada so quickly, specially at sale price ... it has the advantage (at least for single players) of having a lot of Campaigns available for it, while Persian Gulf has none yet.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So you managed to amass 100 flight hours in the logbook? That is extreme!

It's actually 87, most of which are training to learn all of the systems and the maneuvers.

Something like 43 sessions in total.

BTW guys, following your advice I decided to get Persian Gulf. Not regretting it at all!

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got: ka-50, a-10c, fc3, l-39, f-5, uh-1h, ns430, nevada map and ca.

What do you suggest to buy next? I prefer not to buy early access unfinished products, so no f/a-18 or harrier yet. I'm looking at:

- Persian Gulf map (Is It suited for my modules?)

- mi-8 (Is It worth It since I already have uh-1?)

- mig-21 (bugs? Flight model? Damage model?)

- Mirage 2000 (I'm not sure because when f-18 and f-16 will be finished there won't be much room for it)

Suggestions?

I'll give you quick advice for each (not persian gulf which I have just bought)

- Mi-8, quite the struggle. Very big, capable and hard helicopter to master, not as responsive as the Huey due to it's large size. But once you learn it, it's just impressive.

- Mig-21, another interesting module mainly for AA. It's mostly analog (Cold War jet) and has a big fuel usage, but it's perfect for quick intercept missions. No bugs encountered.

- Mirage 2000 state of the art of European Technology, once you learn to fly it, it can become a multipurpose jet.

Each of these has a different level of time to put into, the easiest to learn, according to my experience, is the Mirage, due to it's modern and almost automated systems.

If you want a real test, try the Mi-8.

Mig-21 stands in the middle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FC3 is an unbeatable package.

If you need for speed there is 3 variants of MiG-29, and F-15C.

3 Su-27 variants, the J-11A with fox3 (R-77).

Carrier landings and air refuelings with Su-33 way more easier than with the Hornet.

(+Su-25A, A-10A)

Su-27 Professional Flight Model is my favourite.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

The battle between the pilot and the AOA hold in half and full flaps mode in Hornet is a nightmare.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD