***DCS: AJS37 Viggen Now Available for Pre-Order!!***

swither

Better to optimize for a low spec PC than high, afterall.

It doesn't help someone running a 970 that I have 200 fps on a 1080.

Make viggen run on my Y50 (GTX 860M) ;)

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day Cobra! Does the Viggen support DCS 1.5 and 2.0? Or just 2.0? Moved house recently and out here in the sticks internet is extremely expensive - the size of DCS 2.0 (for example) is very cost prohibitive.

Eyeballing the Viggen and T-shirt, need to plan what the outlay will be though :P

G'day Cobra! Does the Viggen support DCS 1.5 and 2.0? Or just 2.0? Moved house recently and out here in the sticks internet is extremely expensive - the size of DCS 2.0 (for example) is very cost prohibitive.

Eyeballing the Viggen and T-shirt, need to plan what the outlay will be though :P

I'm sure its safe to assume the Viggen will support both 1.5 and 2.0.

EDIT: And if one of two will be supported initially, it will be 1.5, and in a later stadium 2.0. The plans are to unify those two anyway in the coming year :).

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Preordered a Viggen and a T-shirt.

I'm ready! Take me to the FARA zone.

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

I'm sure its safe to assume the Viggen will support both 1.5 and 2.0.

EDIT: And if one of two will be supported initially, it will be 1.5, and in a later stadium 2.0. The plans are to unify those two anyway in the coming year :).

Thanks mate, It's what I kind of figured anyway. :thumbup:

I'm in a first world country with the first world problem of disgraceful internet on our "national broadband network" - high speed and cheap for all the country**

**except those in rural areas who will only be offered satellite at the rate of $100/month for 5GB....... :mad: Even though i have direct LOS to a tower 4km away - an installer (who never actually showed up at their promised times), listed my property as non-serviceable - after a 4 month wait for them to "come out and see". So now I have another 6 month wait for a "low priority" reassessment. This at the cost of $300 a shot.

Hence my tightness - DCS 2.0 w/ NTTR would be roughly $600 lol on that plan. It's currently cheaper on mobile broadband :/ So i'm sticking with that at the present.

Sorry for the massive whinge fest for anyone who had to read that.

On a Viggen pre-order related note: Does anyone have any, more specific, dimensions of the T-shirts? They are (obviously) listed as S, M and L but that can vary globally. I couldn't find anything on the heatblur website.

I will probably hedge my bets with a medium as I can always gain some weight if it's too big :P But I would hate to order a medium and find out that I will look like an 80's spandex tight clad rocker with it on lol

Thanks mate, It's what I kind of figured anyway. :thumbup:

I'm in a first world country with the first world problem of disgraceful internet on our "national broadband network" - high speed and cheap for all the country**

**except those in rural areas who will only be offered satellite at the rate of $100/month for 5GB....... :mad: Even though i have direct LOS to a tower 4km away - an installer (who never actually showed up at their promised times), listed my property as non-serviceable - after a 4 month wait for them to "come out and see". So now I have another 6 month wait for a "low priority" reassessment. This at the cost of $300 a shot.

Hence my tightness - DCS 2.0 w/ NTTR would be roughly $600 lol on that plan. It's currently cheaper on mobile broadband :/ So i'm sticking with that at the present.

Sorry for the massive whinge fest for anyone who had to read that.

On a Viggen pre-order related note: Does anyone have any, more specific, dimensions of the T-shirts? They are (obviously) listed as S, M and L but that can vary globally. I couldn't find anything on the heatblur website.

I will probably hedge my bets with a medium as I can always gain some weight if it's too big :P But I would hate to order a medium and find out that I will look like an 80's spandex tight clad rocker with it on lol

That is insane.

I just got my rift a few days ago, so I can now better ascertain VR performance (though, with some underclocking on the GTX1080 :) )

I nearly don't dare to ask, but since it is less than four weeks till release... ;)

How is this beauty looking in VR? From the 2D pictures and movies alone, it must be awesome to see everything in 3D :shocking:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Oh yea cannot wait to sit in this cockpit with my Oculus Rift :D

I hope the resolution is high enough to read the various instruments etc. I have experienced an OR once, during the Game of Thrones experience, and though convincing for my senses, the resolution still seemed a bit like a mid '90's computer. You know: Doom 1 etc.

How (s)low can you go

I was going to pre-purchase the SAAB but does it work on DCS 2.0? Due to hard drive space constraints I only have 2.0 currently installed. So if the SAAB doesn't work on 2.0 then I wont bother buying just yet. I know its currently on discount if you pre-purchase but its not a huge enough amount to worry if I won't even be able to use it..

I also went to purchase the Spitfire but found out that only works on 1.5 so that killed that idea.. I do plan on replacing the HDD that died last year but until then I can't have both DCS versions installed.

Thanks for the help!

Intel i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360 | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | EVGA GTX1080Ti-FTW3 11GB| Corsair NX500 NVMe PCIe SSD 400GB | Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB | WinX PRO 64bit | Panasonic 50" HDTV 1080p | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

I was going to pre-purchase the SAAB but does it work on DCS 2.0? Due to hard drive space constraints I only have 2.0 currently installed. So if the SAAB doesn't work on 2.0 then I wont bother buying just yet. I know its currently on discount if you pre-purchase but its not a huge enough amount to worry if I won't even be able to use it..

I also went to purchase the Spitfire but found out that only works on 1.5 so that killed that idea.. I do plan on replacing the HDD that died last year but until then I can't have both DCS versions installed.

Thanks for the help!

Because of the leapfrog updating of 2.0 and 1.5 I assume it will be released on whichever version gets updated on the 27th of Jan. The Spitfire should be added to 2.0 next time it gets updated so you shouldn't have to wait too long for that. Traditionally the training missions and main campaign are for Caucuses map so there is that to look at as well.

Short answer is, not sure yet.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Because of the leapfrog updating of 2.0 and 1.5 I assume it will be released on whichever version gets updated on the 27th of Jan.

I don't think so. The NTTR map is not free. So users who did purchase the Viggen but not NTTR could not use it. Therefore, I reckon it will most like be released in 1.5 on the 27th and later in 2.0. For the same reason the Spit was released in 1.5 first.

But both modules will eventually work in 2.0 that's for sure :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss