Multiplayer version of Red Flag?

I have previously converted campaigns for multiplayer. It is easy to do by any one who knows how to make missions in mission editor. I am not aware if this is allowed for paid campaign.

My guess is yes, because it wouldn't run on a computer without activation key installed.

I have previously converted campaigns for multiplayer. It is easy to do by any one who knows how to make missions in mission editor. I am not aware if this is allowed for paid campaign.

My guess is yes, because it wouldn't run on a computer without activation key installed.

Not possible in the paid one. :(

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Once the single player version is fully de-bugged, we will probably do a MP version.

That's great news. I much prefer multiplayer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This needs to be done for those of us TRYING to use VR!

This is something that needs a higher priority. Right now, using the Oculus rift, I find performance greatly improved when using a dedicated computer/server to host a mission - be it a multiplayer or single player mission. In fact, the performance increase can be huge. I can only assume the AI work gets offloaded to the host machine, freeing up a load of headroom for the client.

Unfortunately, there is no way to turn the Red Flag Campaign into a multiplayer format, despite my tireless efforts.

Just to elaborate, for those who are interested - I can finally achieve a smooth 90fps with the Rift nearly 99% of the time, thanks to throwing money at my latest PC build, but there is some strange frame skipping when moving my head during a heavy mission like the Red Flag that doesn't seem to be tied to framerate. This problem is solved when running the mission from my dedicated server, but of course, DRM prevents all the triggers from carrying over when I initially open the campaign mission in the editor.

Really frustrating, as I'm not trying to pirate or share the authors' work here; I simply want to enjoy a stutter-free campaign experience. :mad:

Check out my F15C BFM & ACM Training Missions:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2167735/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once the single player version is fully de-bugged, we will probably do a MP version.

AWESOME! :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just out of curiosity- isn't it just for the mission maker to select "Client" for the wingman of our flight and we'd have our coop ready to go? (Off course not if you have advanced triggers- but I figure since it should be very doable:)

These RF campaigns would be PERFECT for coop, as they are about getting people to dip their toes in on the modules, flying as a team.

• 2 years later...