C-101 update

Vibora

From Aviodev Facebook, CC cockpit update:

https://www.facebook.com/Aviodev/?fref=nf

In the meantime C-101EB rear cockpit is being implemented, we keep improving the module, reworking the magnetic compass and HUD. :)

--------------------

Mientras se implementa la cabina posterior del C-101EB, seguimos mejorando el módulo, mejorando la brújula magnética y el HUD.

13987575_932995773495559_7757336838585396504_o.jpg

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Thanks for the photo, but it seems to be of the CC version rather than the EB that the text refers to ... :)

When I first bought this module (18 months ago, January 2015) I tried it, but the documentation was so sparse that I put it away and kept learning other modules instead.

However, last month I tried it again and found that now I have a proper manual, plus a lot of the small bugs that it initially had have been fixed, so I started to fly it and hopefully get to learn it.

It's been a nice surprise, since I've found that I actually like it, very much, even if it is unarmed ... the thing I like the most is the detailed system's modeling; i've even started to learn to fly IFR, which I've never done on the other DCS modules :)

I purchased this plane, even tough it was a beta, because I wanted to support the first developer to produce a plane that was actually used on my country's Air Force :) ... so, I'm not bothered that the wait for the final product has been long, but of course I do hope that they will eventually finish it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, it flies quite nicely even with the SFM but... just not the same. I just hop in once or twice after each new patch to check out the status and provide the guys with a bug report or two, but I'm not really into it without the AFM.
It's actually one of the modules I fly the most. I just like the looks of it - inside and out. And I'm pretty happy with the radios now working - bar a couple of bugs. But, ya, do want the EFM ... realistic taxiing, differential braking, landing, stalls, spins, rudder control, etc. All good stuff.

Yes, I think if it had weapons to play with I would miss the AFM a bit less. But since with an unarmed trainer the focus is pretty much only on procedures and flying you miss it a bit more.

Just flying around you won't miss it much, but when reaching the edges of the envelope or on the ground the SFM is a bit weird. I mean: A few years ago during the LockOn days we would have been happy as clams with that flight model, but that's the past I guess. :D

• Like 1

But, ya, do want the EFM ... realistic taxiing, differential braking, landing, stalls, spins, rudder control, etc.

Of course, we all want the best FM possible ... but even in its current state, it seems that the plane is in fact capable of having a stall and a spin ... here is a video (in spanish, sorry) where the pilot induces a stall first, then turns it into a spin, then a flat spin, then shows how to recover:

[ame]

[/ame]

I hope that the developers don't give up and do finish the EFM, but until then I believe that I can still use the C-101 in between the use of other modules :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, I think if it had weapons to play with I would miss the AFM a bit less. But since with an unarmed trainer the focus is pretty much only on procedures and flying you miss it a bit more.

Just flying around you won't miss it much, but when reaching the edges of the envelope or on the ground the SFM is a bit weird. I mean: A few years ago during the LockOn days we would have been happy as clams with that flight model, but that's the past I guess. :D

You got the point. If at least we have some rockets!

Of course, we all want the best FM possible ... but even in its current state, it seems that the plane is in fact capable of having a stall and a spin ... here is a video (in spanish, sorry) where the pilot induces a stall first, then turns it into a spin, then a flat spin, then shows how to recover
Ya, I know all that stuff is there but it's very scripted and somewhat unrealistic. I'm not complaining. That's just the SFM. It's like that in a couple of FC3 modules that haven't been given pro-flight models yet as well.

Yeah, it flies quite nicely even with the SFM but... just not the same. I just hop in once or twice after each new patch to check out the status and provide the guys with a bug report or two, but I'm not really into it without the AFM.

+1 Have to agree with that.

When the AFM does drop it will be like a new free module that I'll be learning from scratch.

Ya, I know all that stuff is there but it's very scripted and somewhat unrealistic. I'm not complaining. That's just the SFM. It's like that in a couple of FC3 modules that haven't been given pro-flight models yet as well.

Mr Tuckie (Ernest Artigas) has a real pilot and acrobatic federated pilot with international awards. He know as a aircraft flight and how enter them and out from a stall, spins and other acrobatic manoeuvres.

The C-101 was no scripted manoeuvre, all has SFM from one minute release, you can talk with the aviodev team.

attachment.php?attachmentid=147218&stc=1&d=1472301800

Step by step, we are bringing to life the rear cockpit. Implementing all systems, not just mirroring them from the front cockpit, but doing it in an independent way. This will allow us to generate failures for an instructor/student role in addition to the IFR training hood option.

Some of the modifications made are the compass housing, slip indicator, instrument flags smooth animation, correct altimeter implementation, as well as cockpit clock, electrical system improvements and its corresponding circuit breakers, CC cockpit corrections, like for example the HUD.

And many other corrections have been made, which list would be too long.

--------------------------

Paso a paso vamos dándole vida a la cabina posterior. Implementando todos los sistemas, no sólo replicándolos desde la cabina anterior, sino haciéndolo de forma independiente. Esto nos permitirá generar fallos en el papel de instructor/alumno en conjunto con la opción de la capota para entrenamiento IFR.

Algunas de las modificaciones realizadas son la carcasa de la brújula, el indicador de resbale, animaciones de banderas de instrumentos, correcta implementación del altímetro, así como del reloj, mejoras en el sistema eléctrico y correspondientes cortacircuitos, correcciones en la cabina del CC, como el visor (HUD).

Y muchas otras correcciones cuya relación sería muy extensa.

zzzScreen_160827_120443.thumb.jpg.fc4aceeb32c6ed13aaf4ba05e80749c3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question:

Going off previous posts from other devs, there's been issues caused by moving from SFM to AFM which have resulted in rewrites of the systems code (and delays).

Is the system code seperate enough that it won't be an issue when you move, or are you coding it with the AFM framework in place?

Would be a shame to see you guys putting in all this effort in for the multicrew, only to face a rewrite in the (hopefully) near future.

You're asking the loaded question, @Buzzles! :thumbup:

For me, any improvements are less important than a quality EFM; without EFM, the C-101 stays grounded.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Question:

Going off previous posts from other devs, there's been issues caused by moving from SFM to AFM which have resulted in rewrites of the systems code (and delays).

Is the system code seperate enough that it won't be an issue when you move, or are you coding it with the AFM framework in place?

Would be a shame to see you guys putting in all this effort in for the multicrew, only to face a rewrite in the (hopefully) near future.

A very good question... :huh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)