Sgt_Baker

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten a bit further but...

Here's a screenshot

Screen_.jpg

I'm running 3 screens at 5760x1080 plus 2 8" lilliputs.

What the screenshot isn't showing is that there are the two resizable windows with the yellow markers for clicking the MFCD osbs but they are seperated from the actual data. the two 'datascreens' on the left I can't move resize etc... so basically i'm seeing four different projections.

Edited by Oezem

I've gotten a bit further but...

What the screenshot isn't showing that there are the two resizable windows with the yellow markers for clicking the MFCD osbs but they are seperated from the actual data. the two 'datascreens' on the left I can't move resize etc... so basically i'm seeing four different projections.

Roger that. This is exactly the same problem as that identified by Iku64 earlier in this thread, and is already chalked up as a high-priority fix.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

When I launch UltraMFCD.exe, there's no window showing. No crash, no logs, it just seems stuck in an endless loop, 3 processes "UltraMFCD" created that I can't shutdown.

That's a bit strange. It shouldn't be possible to start more than one instance of uMFCD, so something must be going wrong very early on in the process. Given that rather little has changed with regards to that code between uMFCD 1 and uMFCD 2, I suspect this is again something to do with .NET 4.6.1. Leave it with me and I'll analyse the possibilities.

Hi, uMFCD displays DCS connected as soon as I start the sim. However, it crashes DCS.exe immediately when I try to load a flight. No crash when uMFCD is not running.

Roger that. I'm going to take a day or two to gather my thoughts (a bit knackered - an insane amount of work went in to this over the holiday period) and then start asking for Diagnostics Packs.

4) Sometimes, for reasons presently unknown, UltraMFCD wigs out completely and renders totally black displays. Restarting uMFCD/DCS solves the problem, but this is clearly not ideal. If you experience this problem, please let us know whether there's any observable pattern or reliable method of reproducing the error.

No amount of restarting UMFCD or DCS gives me any other result - always black displays. I can drag and resize, just no live data.

No amount of restarting UMFCD or DCS gives me any other result - always black displays. I can drag and resize, just no live data.

OK. Ironically, somewhat better than a spectacular crash. :) I'll get back to you over the next couple of days, at which point I'll request a diagnostics package.

That's a bit strange. It shouldn't be possible to start more than one instance of uMFCD, so something must be going wrong very early on in the process. Given that rather little has changed with regards to that code between uMFCD 1 and uMFCD 2, I suspect this is again something to do with .NET 4.6.1. Leave it with me and I'll analyse the possibilities.

I just had an epiphany, and try deactivating my antivirus, and behold... Ultramfcd is showing.

It's still weird that there's no pop-up warning, and that 3 processes are created when blocked.

Anyway, I'll do further testing tonight, to try and check which software is guilty of what.

In the meantime, be aware that it may create a false positive with Avast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just had an epiphany, and try deactivating my antivirus, and behold... Ultramfcd is showing.

It's still weird that there's no pop-up warning, and that 3 processes are created when blocked.

Anyway, I'll do further testing tonight, to try and check which software is guilty of what.

In the meantime, be aware that it may create a false positive with Avast.

Very useful info. We had this once before with uMFCD 1 - it simply went away when I recompiled, since various blobs of data within the EXE and DLLs are encrypted with random keys, and sometimes those sequences of bits and bytes look, presumably and coincidentally, a bit like some known virus or the other.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

works on first look good here. good performance ect.

but i also did find 2 poi's.

first when in Umfcd it say's 'Error loadng key bindings. Please try to clear and re-bind.'. there is a i missing in loading.

second when using the tgp in a flir mode (wh/bh) the exported view stutters but the incockpit one is fluent.

works on first look good here. good performance ect.

but i also did find 2 poi's.

first when in Umfcd it say's 'Error loadng key bindings. Please try to clear and re-bind.'. there is a i missing in loading.

Haha! This is the type of thing that irritates the hell out of me. Thanks for the good catch.

second when using the tgp in a flir mode (wh/bh) the exported view stutters but the incockpit one is fluent.

Yeah, unlike uMFCD 1, version 2 will aggressively cut its framerate in order to preserve smooth flight in DCS. GPUs are composed, broadly speaking, of a number of different types of processing capability strung together in weird and interesting ways. On my system, with all DCS settings maxed out, my AMD 7970's control panel reads ~90% utilisation, yet uMFCD is detecting that the texture units are being slammed, so eases up accordingly.

Said system is still far from perfect, and in fact lots of work has gone in to making it less aggressive, which is surprisingly difficult as it so happens - finding a good balance etc. Contrary to the early days of uMFCD 1 (~25% CPU use, severe strain on the graphics pipeline), uMFCD is now so efficient that it's a struggle to persuade Windows and/or the GPU that it's doing any real work at all. That said, I'd prefer uMFCD drop frames than being blamed for flying in to a skyscraper on account of a horrendous FPS drop in-game.

Out of interest, the colour view renders normally, right?

Edit: Additionally, the exports are rendered at much higher resolution with uMFCD than they are in the cockpit, which accounts for a large amount of the processing overhead. Although not yet available in the UI, there is already a system whereby one can choose to render the exports at a resolution closest to one's requirements - anything from (in the case of A-10C MFCDs) 512x512 up to 8K resolution on both axes. See Iku64's post for an example of that system breaking itself completely. Oh the joys of ealy betas. :D

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Hello here is what i see with your software...just in order to help you, my main monitor is 2560x1440 secondary touch screen 1600x900. Notice that i cannot move the exported screens hovewer also if in this state is unplayble it is very promising

I am using dcs 1.5.2

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ef5ab8d2084f395943997c3c8227c746.jpg

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello here is what i see with your software...just in order to help you, my main monitor is 2560x1440 secondary touch screen 1600x900. Notice that i cannot move the exported screens hovewer also if in this state is unplayble it is very promising

I am using dcs 1.5.2

Thanks for testing, Virus.

The issues you're experiencing appear related to two separate suspected bugs. As mentioned previously, I'm going to take a few days to "gather datapoins" regarding the debugging (and sleep). At that time I'll be in touch with both a new build and requests that you might generate a diagnostics package with said new build.

:)

T+24h Update

So there are bugs. Lots of them! :D

Fortunately, during the development of uMFCD 1.0, we had the foresight to develop and incorporate an automatic diagnostics system ("Gather diagnostics package" in the UI), which collects a tonne of data, logs etc. that would otherwise have to be manually gathered and posted by the user.

Said system, while very effective, isn't much use unless we know what sort of problems we're looking for. Thus, the information you're providing at the moment will be used to modify the diagnostics system so that it's looking in/at the appropriate areas. uMFCD 2.0.0.6 will contain those updates, and will allow us to gather useful information 100x faster/more easily than explicitly asking each individual user to describe their problem.

Watch this space.

--Baker

Edited by Sgt_Baker

the colour renders are fluent as water.

Umfcd 1 ran fluent on my computer so i'm not worried

That's a clear indication that the "FPS preservation" system is kicking in. Ironically, the colour CCD stuff is achieved by removing certain render calls, thus removing strain on the GPU.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Thanks for testing, Virus.

The issues you're experiencing appear related to two separate suspected bugs. As mentioned previously, I'm going to take a few days to "gather datapoins" regarding the debugging (and sleep). At that time I'll be in touch with both a new build and requests that you might generate a diagnostics package with said new build.

:)

Roger that, i will be very happy to help :)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I've been doing some testing and have had no luck as DCS is crashing when I get to mission loading progress approx 80%.

Windows 10

.Net is up to date (followed the steps for updating that

DCS - release 1.5 version

Steps to replicate:

1 - start ULTRAMFCD

2 - start DCS

3 - DCS is detected by ULTRAMFCD

3 - load mission (A-10C), get to approx 80% and then DCS crashes

Confirmed if I am not running ULTRAMFCD that the mission will load correctly.

Have attached Windows & ULTRAMFCD logs for reference.

20160105 errors.txt

I tested uMFCD and had very strange behaviour: By default I have the following view, with copy of MFD at top part of screen.

When I put mirror ON, I Had flashing on theses MFD display and the normal windows for each MFD then appear and are updated. When I turn mirror off, MFD windows are no more updated but still there.

Bad news for me : the MFD windows disapears when I go to full mode for 3Dvision and it seems that uMFCD is not compatible with 3Dmigoto fix: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases which are a pre requisit for 3Dvision use of DCS...:(

So, as 3Dvision is working yet only in full screen mode, it seems that it will no more be possible to use a second screen to display MFD, shkval...

Screen_160104_194116.thumb.jpg.b312ce0b52c3c4ab13979f228a4ad106.jpg

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste