DCS Marsden Farp

SUNTSAG

Hi,

Answer 1.

This mod is an adaptation of a previous offering I was involved in, designed for the Harrier AV8B. As such the model cannot be changed I'm afraid. I simply adapted it to suit a wider range of applications and audience.

Answer2.

When you make a mod like this you automatically get the option of a static version. It has been designed to use as a ground vehicle option as that aids the build process and is my preferred method.

Answer 3.

I can't comment on the 190 or 109 as I do not own either airframe. The problem is that different aircraft seem to have the ability to safely come into contact with the mats collision shell and some don't. It appears to be module specific and potentially quite random.

Answer 4.

The simple answer is no but if you wish to refuel and rearm you will need to have the FARP version of the mat found in Statics-Heliports and the airframe will need to be in contact with it to complete the process.

Answer 5.

I know that the following airframes can be placed in conjunction with the Mat mod and ME route modifications:

AV8B, Mirage, F86F, Spitfire and Spitfire CW, P51D, TF51 and All Helos.

Nothing is perfect as we are bending the rules to add this functionality. Of course it would be fantastic if all modules were able to be included.

Following the video in the link, should help in setting up and using the mod as the same steps apply:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199461&highlight=bfvg

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Suntsag, just a question, I cant get the farps to sit on the ground they always float.

now, as a test I swapped places with the matting which was on the ground, and the farp still floats?

it must have been flat for the mats, also on a x4 mat, 2 are always missing, gotta be me I'm sure :)

cheers for help mate

Screen_190125_133042.jpg.614e28b8092bec68ea8724dcf28ff17f.jpg

Screen_190125_133226.jpg.666cc546b6212dd52e9d442dfb177877.jpg

Hi thrustvector,

Unfortunately the are limitations which is why the FARPs available in game have mounds to accommodate the map mesh.

You have to place the mats by trial and error but there are locations where they can be placed without floating. Always avoid hilly or highly contoured areas. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For Aircraft if you follow this...... you will have it sorted. Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=199492&stc=1&d=1544304592

QUESTION:

Changing that line on the file will allow ANY fixed wing aircraft to spawn on ground?

Edited by Baco

Hi it will allow the majority of airframes to do so. In the case of FC3 aircraft they will explode on spawning, unless there has been a significant change recently.

It will work for the Viggen if it is placed directly on the map but not if placed on an object like a FARP. It too will explode but I understad that Heat blur maybe looking into this longer term.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate to be a boor, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out where to put the mod. Is this in the windows user save game (where there is a DCS directory) or in the main DCS folder?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...

That's new, because I've had FARP's setup on Caucasus, without that affect :huh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck placing the mat down about 20nm west of Bandar Abbas around the outer villages. I'm trying to build a roadside FARP but best I can get the FARP mats are just hovering above the surface and unfortunately its still high enough to break the landing upon taxing on.

Shame that you have to be place on the physical FARP to have ground crew active, if only there was an ability to make a zone around it.

Hello there !

I have also the elevation problem. I tried to built harrier refuelling pads along a road, for each one 1 Marsden mat (simple) and one marsden "helipad". Each pads are close from each other. For some reason, some work perfectly (no elevation change), and others are 6-9 feet from each other in elevation. Any idea ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=210963&stc=1&d=1559300622

attachment.php?attachmentid=210964&stc=1&d=1559300622

attachment.php?attachmentid=210964&stc=1&d=1559300622

attachment.php?attachmentid=210965&stc=1&d=1559300622

Screen_190531_125518.thumb.png.b24cc7f1117394d04b02c865b5912800.png

Screen_190531_125605.thumb.jpg.367e5ca89b82cf7930be7dbdbb582ba5.jpg

Screen_190531_125557.thumb.png.c289789a6bb162e5349bcd5d3118334e.png

Hi,

It is simply that the map mesh for all the maps is not ideal. There are undulations and raised invisible areas that result in floating or obscured model placement.

Even areas that look completely flat are indeed elevated. I am afraid no level of modding that I am aware of, can currently rectify this issue. Hence the reason why ED FARPS have sloping sides to accommodate this issue. Cheers

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I am afraid no level of modding that I am aware of, can currently rectify this issue. Hence the reason why ED FARPS have sloping sides to accommodate this issue. Cheers

I'm curious as to why you haven't added sloping sides as this does seem to be the best (if not ideal) option available.

Presumably you're considering something that I'm not but it seems like sloping sides would make placement so much easier.

Sent from my MediaPad using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets