VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Cool stuff! Need to check this out tonight :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

same here, I'm using a masksize of .600 for my Rift. as noted, make edits via Notepad ++

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I think Im getting a pretty good bump on fps with this mod but I cant seem to get rid of the artifacts at the borders. Im using the rift and I’ve gone as high as .980 on mask size and still see the artifacts. Any ideas? Can i go to like 1.500 maybe? Am I nullifying the effect by going really high on mask size?

I had to go to .65 something for the rift and still can see occasionally artifacts. It is always also a matter of Balance between performance and quality.

But, strange is what you see on the 2d screen and not in the oculus.

There are actually 2 versions of the scene rendered. The original and the new one on top. The on top version is slightly compacted, so you will see at the edge the same part of the scene twice.

I have no idea what is causing this and why the new version is more compact.

As if the camera has a different aspect than the standard view.

Sorry, cannot explain this in words and I’m in a train and cannot post a picture until Monday.

Im a bit worried that this new compact version is causing distortion in the oculus.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

I did a quick update to the mod to fix the compile error with DIFFUSE_UV (thanks to Flighter). I also slightly clarified the install instructions, everything else is otherwise the same. Updated link is in the first post.

Thanks! :thumbup:

So to clarify, is it recommended to activate MSAA in combination with this mod? I saw, you use off in your DCS settings. Would that mean, no AA at all or is MSAA done automatically within the "mask area"?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

So to clarify, is it recommended to activate MSAA in combination with this mod?

If you want to use MSAA or not is up to you, even with the masking it still has quite large performance impact so I ended up not using it anyway myself, and rather use a higher pixel density.

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

This MOD is real game changer for me as VR user. The only thing is Integrity check when trying to get myself logged into servers...ED should really take closer look at this modification and implement some if not all of the items from the list of changes.

Great job!

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

I did a quick update to the mod to fix the compile error with DIFFUSE_UV (thanks to Flighter). I also slightly clarified the install instructions, everything else is otherwise the same. Updated link is in the first post.

Ok, so I just tried with this updated version, followed all the steps and DCS becomes unresponsive during the initial loading screen... :(

Ok, so I just tried with this updated version, followed all the steps and DCS becomes unresponsive during the initial loading screen... :(

It takes awhile to compile again. It will become unresponsive during the compile, just wait it out.

What exactly is being recalculated? The shaders folder does not grow in size, and the terrains/metacache folders remain empty.

And its been like this for about 5 minutes before I killed it, was I too quick?

EDIT: I ended up running DCS in non-VR mode for this first time compilation, and it worked in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by coach

Cool. This might bring me back to VR again. Been staying away because I’m not happy with the frame rates in Persian Gulf map, too much compromise to get steady 45 FPS (Vive Pro, 7700k, gtx1080).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

What do we need to do I if anything) in order that an editing change to a shader source file will definitely get recompiled? Where is the result of a shader compile placed? Does the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo have the shader compiled files?

Also, I renamed the C:\DCSWorld\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs as per the author's directions but never saw any new files generated.

Dave W.

Edited by whitav8

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Gotta say thanks and WOW! This is a real step forward for VR! I have always had intermittent stutter problems but this is working great! MASKSIZE 0.625f MSAA_MASKSIZE 0.45f

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

To the OPer, and all those that have tried it out, thanks. ED is looking into it.

great news! thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thank you for your time and efforts for this great mod. Are you also able to enable the new RAIN DROPS? It never worked like it does on 2D monitor.

Thanks in advance!!!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

What mask size are people using with a Samsung Odyssey? Good thing ED is looking into it, because of integrity check.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

If you want to use MSAA or not is up to you, even with the masking it still has quite large performance impact so I ended up not using it anyway myself, and rather use a higher pixel density.

ARE YOU THE SAME GUY THAT MADE THE SoftTH Triplehead hack, that allowed regular users to use triple monitor setups?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179