DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

WWII aircraft are generally 2-3 years to make. This depends on info and such. Most of the time they are done 1 at a time, with some overlap at the beginning and the end. Also, dont think ED's WWII aircraft dudes are sitting idle either.
4 years and counting. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Since you are one of the select few who know's what they need to finish the project,I think you should let them know and maybe they can get the job finished. Not to linger on this but like you and your comment, I also have comments that express my feeling about this > 4 year and counting project. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Surely a prop airplane's FM has to be more complex than a jet's FM of the same level of fidelity? You've got things like torque, gyroscopic effect, propwash, and P-factor to deal with.

Well, yes and no. It's the same PFM system when we're talking DCS.

AFAIK ED's PFM is a suite of tools and code dealing with the forces on an object. Every new plane feature they build adds to it (P-51 added prop wash handling, F-15 added supersonic airflow handling etc...).

The PFM takes inputs and generates output.

Eg, The code that governs airflow hitting the plane and its effects is likely the same for all PFM aircraft.

The airflow itself (input) might be different (ie, in level flight: straightish for jets, disturbed with added rotational elements for props) which is going to cause different output, but the fidelity is in the system dealing with the inputs and how it applies them.

Same probably applies to the code dealing with engine forces. Takes in dynamic inputs like airflow, aoa, fuel flow etc... along with static input like location, mountings, engine type, blade size, prop width etc... and generates outputs to apply to the airfame.

The underlying model will be the same (same fidelity), just a lot of params change between prop and jet engines, resulting in very different outputs.

I'd love Yo-Yo to chime in on this, but I'd surprised if I'm far off the mark.

I didn't say or mean it had 4 years of work into it all I'm saying is that it has been a backer choice since at lease 09-22-2013 when I selected my 3 planes two which I have received. TC

I didn't say or mean it had 4 years of work into it all I'm saying is that it has been a backer choice since at lease 09-22-2013 when I selected my 3 planes two which I have received. TC

Yes but if you read the WW2 forums you’ll see that the original Kickstarter was 3rd party and abandoned by that 3rd party. ED has kindly taken it on (and to try and recoup their costs) but the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality. Add to that they paused development on the p47 for awhile when they couldn’t get the proper information and only restarted awhile ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but if you read the WW2 forums you’ll see that the original Kickstarter was 3rd party and abandoned by that 3rd party. ED has kindly taken it on (and to try and recoup their costs) butt the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality. Add to that they paused development on the p47 for awhile when they couldn’t get the proper information and only restarted awhile ago

Please explain "the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality", seem to me that ED didn't think so since they never to date as far as I'm aware of mentioned any such notion that the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality. I very well may be wrong on this but if I am please enlighten me. Look I can't speak for ED but as a paid subscriber I can comment/inquire on this topic. It was I believe a valid inquiry.

Thanks TC

Please explain "the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality", seem to me that ED didn't think so since they never to date as far as I'm aware of mentioned any such notion that the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality. I very well may be wrong on this but if I am please enlighten me. Look I can't speak for ED but as a paid subscriber I can comment/inquire on this topic. It was I believe a valid inquiry.

Thanks TC

DCS WWII: 1944 FAQ

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=126824&share_pid=2114972&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D2114972&share_type=t

I see nothing in that thread to indicate "the original schedule and promises were way out of line with reality", infact the P-47 was expected March 2015. I'm ending my comments as to the reality of the backers project. TC
Edited by too-cool

All I want is 3 or 4 WIP screenshots.... I understand these things take time... I’d just like periodic updates. Strange that they’ll show WIP tanks, B-17’s and flak guns but wont show WIP screens of an actual module they’re working on.

They did say if there is nothing new to show then there is nothing to show. The actual model of the P-47 should be complete. We have just yet to see the model being render in the EDGE. Visually there is nothing to show about a flight model being made. So they really do have nothing to show. Also if they were to explain to us what they were doing step by step that'd only lead to criticism on how they perform they work. Lose-lose situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Any ETA or status on the P-47?

I've taken a pretty big break from DCS, checking the site every now and then for new releases. But I haven't seen anything on the P-47, I've been waiting for it to come out for probably nearing a year before I get back into the game. I've skimmed through some of the P-47 threads but the main one is 100+ pages.

Is there any screenshots of models or news about it? Also knowing who is developing it would help.

I've taken a pretty big break from DCS, checking the site every now and then for new releases. But I haven't seen anything on the P-47, I've been waiting for it to come out for probably nearing a year before I get back into the game. I've skimmed through some of the P-47 threads but the main one is 100+ pages.

Is there any screenshots of models or news about it? Also knowing who is developing it would help.

Yeah come ED all I want for xmas is Jugs, or pictures of them :megalol:

I can upload some photos of the P-47 from 2014 for you guys.

Yeah, all is quiet on the WWII aircraft front, not just the P-47. No news on the proposed P-51 update, P-40 is on hold, no news on F4U. You haven't missed anything by being away and don't really know any less than we all do. Last I heard, they are still trying to gather wind tunnel data on the P-47 so I would imagine that it's not even close to being done. We are going on multiple years now since first hearing of the WWII aircraft supposedly being developed.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Yeah, all is quiet on the WWII aircraft front, not just the P-47. No news on the proposed P-51 update, P-40 is on hold, no news on F4U. You haven't missed anything by being away and don't really know any less than we all do. Last I heard, they are still trying to gather wind tunnel data on the P-47 so I would imagine that it's not even close to being done. We are going on multiple years now since first hearing of the WWII aircraft supposedly being developed.

Well darn, I guess I might end up grabbing the Harrier then. Unless the Hornet is somewhat close to being done, any idea on that?

AFAIK development on WW2 aircraft is continueing while the main teams work on the Hornet. The reluctance to release anything solid on the P-47 probably means they're still gathering the necessary documentation which prove instrumental on the release of the Jug.

ED has repeatedly stated they won't start hyping planes which could very well prove impossible to realise without appropriate permissions/documentation.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

• ED Team

Not at this time. Our primary WWII Warbirds focus is on improving the current stable.

Also, locating needed performance data on the P-47 has been a nightmare.

When we have new information on the P-47, it will be posted.

Thanks