Adding the DCS: Bf109K4 trigger functions to the DCS:FW190D9

henhag

Both Bf-109 and Fw-190 are awesome Warbirds and very enjoyable in Virtual Reality :thumbup:

But one thing in the Fw-190 is very annoying... the permanently moving trigger guard on the flight stick, when you press or depress a trigger :(

On a screen, you won't notice it as much because it might be out of your FOV.. but in VR, you'll see it flickering every time you fire your weapons :noexpression:

As both aircraft use nearly the same flight stick, it might be a relatively small and simple update to "copy" the Messerschmitts trigger functions to the Focke-Wulf? :dunno:

It would be very helpful to improve the VR experience, while at the same time the manually operated trigger guard could act as a master arm for the guns.

Seperate triggers for the MG131s and MG151-20s would be a nice addition, too.

The way it is implemented in the Bf-109K4 is already perfect... I'd love to see it added to the Focke-Wulf soon :)

Edited by henhag

I find this annoying, also, without VR

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I agree, it's a flaw in the cockpit model. ED claims this to be a very realistic simulation of the FW-190D, but they apparently forgot to implement the "gun safety lever". Unfortunately it's not implemented in the clickable cockpit either, so there is nothing in the "clickabledata.lua" that could be used to create a new command in the "default.lua".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I confirm the problem, but it is better to put your heart in peace and use what is there, the airplanes WW2 in DCS are now forgotten for years ...:(

:thumbup:

considering ed has been working on improved damage modelling prioritizing the ww2 aircraft and wags recently stated:

Our primary WWII Warbirds focus is on improving the current stable.

i too would like a similar trigger functionality to the 109, but you should consider how trivial this issue is compared to the stuff ed still has to work off their current queue before you accuse them of neglect.

considering ed has been working on improved damage modelling prioritizing the ww2 aircraft and wags recently stated:

i too would like a similar trigger functionality to the 109, but you should consider how trivial this issue is compared to the stuff ed still has to work off their current queue before you accuse them of neglect.

We agree the new model of damage but we must consider that do not put hand to airplanes WW2 for some time despite, see the 190 and precisely the 109, have been released for years.

The impression is that in practice these modules have been forgotten in favor of others and more than negligence I would speak of disinterest, and it is not a good thing.

:thumbup: