MATRIC - potentially useful app for DCS?

MATRIC (Matrix Advanced Touch Remote Interface Controller), yeah everyone likes a good acronym :)

The idea is simple (and not a particularly revolutionary one) - use smartphone(s) and/or tablet(s) as virtual cockpit button boxes. Unlike some of the similar attempts, MATRIC comes with an easy drag&drop layout editor which makes it possible to build a custom game panel with minimum effort. For example (smartphone screenshot):

ss1.png

Layout editor:

matric_editor.png

So, in a nutshell:

What is it?

MATRIC is an application (Android and Windows 10) that turns a smartphone or tablet into a PC input device (it supports output too, but I wouldn't go into that right now, there is a github sample project for that - https://github.com/tgudelj/MATRICIntegrationDemo)

What does it have to do with DCS?

With MATRIC you can use your smartphone(s) and tablet(s) (note that you can use multiple devices) as virtual cockpit panel(s). It is not a solution JUST for DCS, but I think it might be useful. I've included a DCS MiG-29 deck as an example. The ability to create key combos with distinct left/right shift/ctrl/win/alt keys might be especially useful for DCS.

How does it work?

It emulates PC keyboard (among other things). Your smartphone(s)/tablet(s) need to be on the same network as your PC (your home WiFi).

Anything else?

We have a community gallery where people can share their decks, so check it out.

I'd love to hear your feedback, so give it a try https://matricapp.com

We have Discord support channel, so if you have any issues, we're listening:https://discord.gg/9KfHpSF

Edited by AnarchyZG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

My feedback.

It's great.

Cost under AUD $4.00 to unlock premium which is a fair price.

Would be great to get all of the extras for a single fixed price.

Would winding the price up to $4 - $6 USD work for you guys?

Would take away the 'micro transaction' feel of it too.

I appreciate the simplicity of it.

For others that have not used it, it is a simple drag and drop interface creator that passes keystrokes to your PC.

Great for things you want ready access to but have run out of bindings for.

The discord server wanted to validate my mobile number.

That was a bit weird... is that something just for your server or a new Discord anti spam feature?

Anyway, i can see I'll be getting some good use out of this and it's well worth the small amount to get the larger panels.

I'll add that these guys have an SPO-15 RWR app as well.

Have installed but not tried it yet, will report back.

I have read the info that some servers limit what data can be exported to this will be something to be aware of.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

My feedback.

The discord server wanted to validate my mobile number.

That was a bit weird... is that something just for your server or a new Discord anti spam feature?

Discord server setting, phone validation has been removed now. Thnx for pointing that out.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

Seems nice, sadly it doesn't support my tablet, as it is iOS and not Android :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is a great piece of software, really easy to setup, powerful and easy to use. if you have an Android (ver5 and above) phone or tablet lying around you can have a screen set up in about half an hour. The support is first rate and the development is ongoing. You can even try it out for FREE!

Can you use it on a second screen on your PC?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I only have a Amazon Fire tablet so I need the app put on the Amazon app store. Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got this app and will play around this afternoon with it.

I would say right away that we would need a simpler way to integrate a two-way sync.

The Stream Deck Plugin for DCS is quite awesome in that regard.

Other than that,

It looks awesome and their support was instantly responsive to my install problems.

🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

can someone make f16 icp with DED export? and maybe same for f18 ufc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is there a free app like this? 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5