WW2 Asset Pack (Poll)

MobiSev

WW2 Asset Pack (Poll)  

141 members have voted

1. 1. WW2 Asset Pack (Poll)

• Yes
    • No, but I am thinking about buying it soon.
    • No, and I will not be buying it any time soon.

Who owns the WW2 asset pack? I wanted to post this in the general DCS 2.5 forum to get a feel of the community overall, but it got moved. I will probably bump this thread every now and then to see if I can get more responses.

Edited by MobiSev
  • Like 1

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Is there any special reason for this poll? Are you planning to create a WW2 server or any missions?

Yeah, if you're familiar with the Dynamic DCS server, I'm involved in the creation of a server using that model, but in a WW2 setting using the asset pack.

It'll probably take place up in various areas of the Caucasus map (currently the Mozdok, Min. Vody, Nalchik, Beslan area) with Normandy possibly later. The objective will be to capture the main airbases in the area. There will also be capturable Forward Operating Bases that the player can use to spawn tanks, aaa, etc. to assist in the battle that are synced between server restarts to save progress. The player will also probably get the ability to call in ai controlled bomber raids, CAS raids, etc. Additionally, we are looking at how to add a supply system, like trains convoys, etc. that will give teams resources to call in special features.

If you want to check it out, I think the server owner has a test server up named, "TEST Dynamic WW2" or something similar where we are in the initial testing phases (testing fps, server stability with all the ground units, etc). The ground units are all pre-spawned at the moment in defensive locations around the map as we have not implemented any of the features yet, but you can still move them around in the tac. command slot if you would like.

Edited by MobiSev
  • Like 1

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

My internet speed might be too slow, but I can try to join that server. I just bought the Asset Pack along with the Normandy Map and FW-190D. It is the hardest aircraft I had so far, but I am starting to understand, why WW2 in DCS is so amazing. Other WW2 sims almost seem to be arcadish compared to DCS.

Edited by Tiramisu
  • Like 1

Yeah, if you're familiar with the Dynamic DCS server, I'm involved in the creation of a server using that model, but in a WW2 setting using the asset pack.

It'll probably take place up in various areas of the Caucasus map (currently the Mozdok, Min. Vody, Nalchik, Beslan area) with Normandy possibly later. The objective will be to capture the main airbases in the area. There will also be capturable Forward Operating Bases that the player can use to spawn tanks, aaa, etc. to assist in the battle that are synced between server restarts to save progress. The player will also probably get the ability to call in ai controlled bomber raids, CAS raids, etc. Additionally, we are looking at how to add a supply system, like trains convoys, etc. that will give teams resources to call in special features.

If you want to check it out, I think the server owner has a test server up named, "TEST Dynamic WW2" or something similar where we are in the initial testing phases (testing fps, server stability with all the ground units, etc). The ground units are all pre-spawned at the moment in defensive locations around the map as we have not implemented any of the features yet, but you can still move them around in the tac. command slot if you would like.

Could You pls be a little more specific in the name of the test server, I'm interested....

• Like 1

Could You pls be a little more specific in the name of the test server, I'm interested....

The server is named "TEST Dynamic WWII Warfare".

Keep in mind that at the moment it's just a server stability test, and none of the cool features are implemented yet. However, units are pre-placed around the map in defensive/strategic locations that those in the tactical commander slot can direct to capture the enemy airfields.

The owner is in the process of coding the mission with a database that keeps track of server progress (in terms of ground unit locations, base ownership, etc. at server restart).

Once that is completed, we will work on adding features, like:

1. Supply lines that might give a team a regular "income" they can use to call in AI controlled bombers (B-17s for both sides until the Ju-88 is released for Germany), CAS planes (AI controlled P-51's and FW-190D9's with a full A2G loadout), etc. They would also replenish fixed, non-controllable base garrison in the event that a base is running low on defenses. This might be done through the use of trains, convoys, supply planes, etc. going back and forth between bases. Supplies would be accrued when the train, convoy, etc. enters a zone near the base, or when a supply plane lands.

2. A way for players to spawn tanks, artillery, etc.. Depending on player actions, they will directly control the type of unit spawned and the location at which it is spawned. For example, this might be done through the use of "internal cargo" with the TF-51/Yak-52. Players would open up the ratio menu, load a Panzer IV internal cargo, fly to a FOB or other air base, and unpack it resulting in a Panzer IV being spawned.

3. Resource point acquired by the player for performing tasks like, shooting down enemies, killing vehicles, and disrupting supply lines. This would be "additional income" other than supply lines mentioned in #1

4. Adding capturable FOB's in strategic locations. These, as well as main airfields, will be the locations that players will be able to spawn units. They might also be connected to the supply line system and spawn fixed base defenses when supplies are received from convoys.

5. Other features. We are open to suggestions if you have them :)

Edited by MobiSev
  • Like 1

Modules owned:

• 2 years later...