How to know that agm62 has entered the effective range?

kaoqumba

At a guess the valid lock indicator. And no probably not more than guided at a time. You might be able to switch chanels though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Can the AGM62 seeker quickly move to TGP and AG radar targets?

It's the very first "picture" guided weapon, made in the 60's... I wouldn't bet on TGP intreaction :music_whistling:

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

I cant even get the sensor to slew on the walleye yet, Not sure what im doin wrong. Ive set it to SOI and unable to move.

Uncage.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

I cant even get the sensor to slew on the walleye yet, Not sure what im doin wrong. Ive set it to SOI and unable to move.

As well as what Will said (you need to uncage), also remember that you need to depress the throttle designator control switch (or whatever its called). I think in the same manner as how you slew a maverick.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hi, on the page nr 3/5 of my simple basic guide, I added AGM 62 guide list, as I did not have the chance yet to test this new Weapon, let me know if there is something to correct or any misunderstanding so I can modify it.

thanks everybody.

Yeah, you need to keep the TDC Depressed while you slew the seeker head.

Always or just if you set up the real F18 TDC behavior in special DCS setup?

When you drop a Walleye, you see it's video on the screen.

Then if you drop a second Walleye shortly after, does the screen show the video from the first one you dropped, or the second one?

Wondering if you can huck these at different angles for different ToFs, and guide them to targets in sequence.

rYjRBUI.png

edit: Just watched Matt's video, the current TV image is selected by switching the channel of the datalink pod. The channel of each Walleye is determined by it's hardpoint number. Also, these are Fire and Forget, and don't require intervention unless you want to switch targets mid-flight. The weapon can be dropped as soon as it is locked on a target. I'm guessing the seeker resolution is the limiting factor of it's range, like MavF.

So, if the effective launch range is anywhere near 16nm like it says on wikipedia (hopefully more than 6nm), this bomb is now the ultimate medium ship killer and short range sam killer. You can Fire and Forget 4 of these at the same, or different, targets (3 if you want the datalink function), and the SAM AI in DCS does not try to shoot down bombs. The warhead is double the size of Maverick, and can't be shot down like a Harpoon would. No Tpod to muck around with, no coordinates to type in, no loitering to shine a laser, and will follow a moving target. The radio control gives it hella stunt and prank potential and maybe even air-air capability. The only thing that could make it better is a destruct button for airbursts. Muhuhahahaha!

edit2: In the Matt video the lock-on range was about 7 or 8 slant miles. Dunno if this is the max but it might be. Hopefully this can be gamed by locking a nearer target, releasing, then retargetting to a further target mid-flight.

Edited by Preendog

... if the effective launch range is anywhere near 16nm like it says on wikipedia (hopefully more than 6nm), this bomb is now the ultimate medium ship killer and short range sam killer.

The 16nm range is for a high altitude Walleye I launch i.e. from 30-35,000 ft and works in DCS.

The current DCS WIP Walleye is the 2400lb Walleye II which should have a 24-32nm range (32nm for Walleye II ERDL MK 23 MOD 0) when dropped from high altitude.

In the Matt video the lock-on range was about 7 or 8 slant miles. Dunno if this is the max but it might be. Hopefully this can be gamed by locking a nearer target, releasing, then retargetting to a further target mid-flight.

I think it'll track and lock a vehicle from ~6nm but I'm not 100% sure as I'd already broken away from the AO and was guiding it remotely from 12nm distant.

It's an interesting weapon to use but not as accurate as a JDAM unless you micro it most of the way to the target/until you get a lock.

AFAIK you can't control multiple Walleyes but IRL the launching aircraft doesn't have to be the one using the DL.

Edited by Ramsay
The Walleye in DCS is the 2400lb II with a 24-32nm range and 2000lb warhead

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Can the AGM62 seeker quickly move to TGP and AG radar targets?

Yes, you can. And it is very useful, Since the WallEye is old technology ( I love the old TV effects ED put on) it is very short sighted. However, the TGP is not, and can see very far (and has IR to top that). So, you can mark your targets with the pod, and automatically the WalleEye will be slaved to the TGP. Uncage the Walleye and it will lock on the target, and you will get the proper indication on the HUD (TTMR = Time to Maximum Range or IN RANGE).

The only thing I wasn't able to do is to guide the walleye using the TV sensor. The Resolution is really, realyy bad and for now it is useless.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Only if you set it up as real on the F-18 special options.

Thanks, so “normal” behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk