Opinions on monitor / cockpit setup

wagdog

Hey all;

I'm curious about your thoughts on what I should do with this setup. I've got more monitor real estate than I've ever had in my life, and I'd like to optimize it for the best DCS A10C experience possible.

The screen size/resolutions are:

left/right/up: 22"/1680x1050

middle: 35"/3440x1440

At the moment I've just got really BIG MFDs on both side monitors and nothing up top.

Thanks for any input.

wagdogmonitors.thumb.jpg.3c7a8a2d99d5369988581b533ac3a502.jpg

Helios and start exporting gauges. There was just a new profile posted for A-10 that should inspire you. Keep the main monitor for world-only.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Helios and start exporting gauges. There was just a new profile posted for A-10 that should inspire you. Keep the main monitor for world-only.

Thanks for the reply.

With this suggestion I went down the Helios rabbit hole. Took a bit of fiddling, but I got capt z’s configuration working on the top monitor. Very nice!

I’d like to work on getting the side monitors working for side views, but they end up looking a little skewed and don’t react the way I’d like when turning. I’m sure the different vertical size and dpi difference is the reason. I may have to spend more time on them.