JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

You're right, however such skepticism is more normal in something really new, not in a Frankenplane like this. Actually secrecy in this case is kinda counter-productive, as it is a cheap plane for export "hey this plane can do this and this for x price, come and check!" So it needs reliable information and marketing in order to achieve what it is meant for, sales. A mid decent package for a low price

Except there's no publicly available manual that i could find.

and technically speaking this plane is "new-ish" block 1 produced 2006, and entered service 2007. block 2 production began in 2013, and began entering service in 2015.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

yes, rather i hope this would become our first look at the closest thing to a publicly available jf-17 manual.

it is unfortunate though that there would be little data to cross-check against. we're more or less going to have to accept on faith what we get, publicly available numbers are all fuzzy and is generally ignored for analysis in western forums.

i havent seen confirmation if this is a block 1 or 2, and dont know of any externally distinguishing features that would cue us on that.

Edited by probad

like i said earlier, what i'd be more surprised them obtaining is not so much data on the aircraft proper than the weapon systems, especially for the pl-12 missile, as this is not an obsolete weapon systems but rather current and in service with the plaaf. on the other hand though, what we get may be sd-10s, and it's unknown if, as an export model, there are any significant deviations from the pl-12. though ranges may be different, operational principles and logic will remain the same and that may not be easy to obtain for systems modelling. other weapon systems like the c802 and pl-5 are also common to plaaf, but on the other hand also export variants.

stepping back for perspective though, any simulation we get will probably be the most authentic (if not the only) jf-17 simulation available to western enthusiasts -- with chinese aircraft being so rare, im going to take what i can get.

There are too many RL weapon launch videos on Chinese sites.

Unfortunately , most of your guys are blocked by the GFW or language WALL.:lol:

Small deviations will always be there. I have no problem with Su-25T with Mercury pod or Fantasmagoria SEAD capability. AiM-120C missiles with close enough info on them. Missing features in the A-10C etc. etc. It is as close as possible, so I am not too worried about the PL-12 missile. Besides, If Veao can make a Typhoon, I see no reason that these guys won't be able to make the JF-17 accurate enough.

Small deviations will always be there. I have no problem with Su-25T with Mercury pod or Fantasmagoria SEAD capability. AiM-120C missiles with close enough info on them. Missing features in the A-10C etc. etc. It is as close as possible, so I am not too worried about the PL-12 missile. Besides, If Veao can make a Typhoon, I see no reason that these guys won't be able to make the JF-17 accurate enough.

difference is ED had a Miltary contract for the A10C, and Veo has a mil contract for the EF TF ( honestly given Veos lackluster job on the Hawk and poor progress on the P40, i have some doubts against their competence as developers, rather than ability to get Information, but i Digress) , and thus were privy to some information the public would not know. Besides even Veo admitted they will exclude some things, due to agreements MOD and that our their intended consumer version for DCSwill only be a Tranch 1 ( early variation) of the EF.

the things that dont work on the A10C are not really relevant to combat, or wouldn't properly anyhow work due to some engine limitations. It is still a fantastic virtual simulation, It is not one of those aircraft that would have required guesstimatation of crucial things. Its for the same reason no developer here is insane enough to try to make a F22 or F35 and why Razbam does not want to create a M2000-5 or a Rafayale. Not enough public data, too much guesswork, and in some instances fear of GOv't legal repercussions ( like when ED had plans to create the Su27SM or Mig29SMT)

PLus Su25T is not quite a valid comparison as it is only a FC3 grade aircraft and not high fidelity, and such aircraft can afford to be implemented with less technical information.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

like i said earlier, what i'd be more surprised them obtaining is not so much data on the aircraft proper than the weapon systems, especially for the pl-12 missile, as this is not an obsolete weapon systems but rather current and in service with the plaaf. on the other hand though, what we get may be sd-10s, and it's unknown if, as an export model, there are any significant deviations from the pl-12. though ranges may be different, operational principles and logic will remain the same and that may not be easy to obtain for systems modelling. other weapon systems like the c802 and pl-5 are also common to plaaf, but on the other hand also export variants.

stepping back for perspective though, any simulation we get will probably be the most authentic (if not the only) jf-17 simulation available to western enthusiasts -- with chinese aircraft being so rare, im going to take what i can get.

That is what I find so interesting. A relatively modern chinese Jet.

This is intriguing, just for the feel, layout and basic capabilities...

And for the "canonfodder" argument, I doubt that. It's flight characteristics are supposed to be in the area of an F-16, and you won't call an F-16 "canonfodder", won't you?!

I'm definitely interested to see which weapons and systems they will model.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Typhoon would be great plane to get its avionics systems. A2G and A2A radar, TGP and maybe that anti radiation missile

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

Really interested in the beauty, I'm sure is a great plane and will be a lot of fun to fly it in DCS, specially If it came with proper chinese weapons. Always liked the J-7III hope that will be the next step. Good luck for the modders.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Always liked the J-7III hope that will be the next step. Good luck for the modders.

That is my secret hope... someone doing a late J-7 version.

Bubble canopy, proper all aspect missiles, double delta wings with leading edge slats... what's not to like? :D

More modern radar and more ground attack capabilities too!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Typhoon would be great plane to get its avionics systems. A2G and A2A radar, TGP and maybe that anti radiation missile

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Too much weapons are classified at the moment, we get a Tranche I Block 5... So not many of the advanced toys.

And the ALARM was dropped from the EF Typhoon program a while ago, it seems.

Anyway the modern planes in the pipeline with a Typhoon, an F/A-18C a late Harrier/AV-8B and now the JF-17, is quite amazing, if we talk DCS level and realism.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The more I look at the models and the video the more I really hope it can be produced well. I've been hoping for a Chinese, South Korean, or Japanese plane. DCS is sorely lacking in Asian air power.

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I know China not purchased any JF-17, but will we see PLAAF and PLANAF skins for it?

BTW Nice JH-7 signature! Love the plane, and love the "flying Leopard" nickname!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I know China not purchased any JF-17, but will we see PLAAF and PLANAF skins for it?

BTW Nice JH-7 signature! Love the plane, and love the "flying Leopard" nickname!

DCS JH-7 ... it will be published when JH-7 retire in RL, maybe.