Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed! - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #91
Gierasimov

Default I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOGX5 View Post
As the title says, here is a direct quote from Wags 2.5 update:
Both are quite troubled, with Civil War in Syria and War on Terror in Afghanistan, I wonder though, will DCS actually present these in war time, with years of destruction behind these regions. Military installations, battle wrecks, combat outposts etc, or will it be rather same as with current maps - peaceful and undisturbed..
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #92
CheckGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
Both are quite troubled, with Civil War in Syria and War on Terror in Afghanistan, I wonder though, will DCS actually present these in war time, with years of destruction behind these regions. Military installations, battle wrecks, combat outposts etc, or will it be rather same as with current maps - peaceful and undisturbed..

I think "peaceful" and "undisturbed." We should have the permanent military installations, but battle wrecks, combat outposts, etc., are ultimately temporary, plus it's less work to build an unmolested map. Besides, it's our job as players to bring the destruction.

I'm really looking forward to a Syria map so I can simulate playing missions as an F/A-18C pilot during Inherent Resolve.
CheckGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #93
enigma6584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
In the mission editor, there is a trigger where you can make a city or village show damage etc. Same goes for static objects and such, you can set them as destroyed. You also can create fires and the smoke billowing up into the air from them.
enigma6584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #94
Gierasimov

Wink I know all of that, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma6584 View Post
In the mission editor, there is a trigger where you can make a city or village show damage etc. Same goes for static objects and such, you can set them as destroyed. You also can create fires and the smoke billowing up into the air from them.
Yes, this isn't what I was referring to really.
Well, I am looking forward to it, and yet I feel this is going to be aesthetically similar to current Persian Gulf map, unless countries involved are pulated with all applicable units on the ground and in the air.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #95
Avenger31

Incirlik AB is MUST HAVE by my opinion on Syrian map, but that is just my opinion and wishes. Who cares
Avenger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #96
Sajarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckGear View Post
I think "peaceful" and "undisturbed." We should have the permanent military installations, but battle wrecks, combat outposts, etc., are ultimately temporary, plus it's less work to build an unmolested map. Besides, it's our job as players to bring the destruction.

I'm really looking forward to a Syria map so I can simulate playing missions as an F/A-18C pilot during Inherent Resolve.
Nopes Bro. Peace is our hobby,
Sajarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #97
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger31 View Post
Incirlik AB is MUST HAVE by my opinion on Syrian map, but that is just my opinion and wishes.
I agree, especially since I was deployed there three years ago launching A-10s against ISIS into Syria.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #98
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
I agree, especially since I was deployed there three years ago launching A-10s against ISIS into Syria.
Inded, and not just the US used Incirlik for that purpose, but also other NATO countries like Germany (you might have seen german Tornados operating from there when you were there?). So Incirlik is a pretty important base for NATO and should be included in a syrian map.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:14 PM   #99
terminator363

Hype is real!
(from wags' livestream)

Old 11-20-2018, 11:27 PM   #100
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Inded, and not just the US used Incirlik for that purpose, but also other NATO countries like Germany (you might have seen german Tornados operating from there when you were there?). So Incirlik is a pretty important base for NATO and should be included in a syrian map.
Germany, Spain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, to name a few, were there the same time as me.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote