Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

My current 3D engine sends textures to the graphic card driver in a generic format and let the optimization task up to the driver. This is why I think this is a driver issue, not a hardware performance issue. From my point of view ATI is making great hardware. However, they are providing terrible drivers…

I wish we could have ATI graphic cards with the smooth and stable nVidia drivers…

Now, that said, I can try is to optimize manually the textures before sending them to the graphic driver. This may be the right workaround. But this is going to take some work and to be sure I’m going to work on the right solution, would you JLX or ShortBuss help me by testing some special version of Tacview so we can pinpoint the issue accurately?

If you are interested, please email me and I will send you back special versions to test.

I'd be happy too. Email sent as well.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

The performance issue with ATI graphics cards and the new terrain engine has been finally fixed thanks to the help of ShortBuss and JLX!

The fix will be published next week in Tacview 1.4.1 beta 1.

Thank you guys!

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

The performance issue with ATI graphics cards and the new terrain engine has been finally fixed thanks to the help of ShortBuss and JLX!

The fix will be published next week in Tacview 1.4.1 beta 1.

Thank you guys!

The fix works perfectly. Kudos for such incredibly fast and efficient support!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I have also noticed the problem in DCS World 1.5. I have double checked my export script and didn’t find any obvious error in it.

So I have created a bug report for the beta but I didn’t get any feedback yet.

Could you post your observation in the dedicated thread please? Maybe this will encourage the dev team to investigate the issue and to explain what is going on...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150912

Is anyone else seeing an IAS that's ~100x what it should be? TAS and GS look as expected.

Flying the Mi-8, DCS 1.5.1.46722, Tacview 1.4.0

94NTgCy.png

Vertical speed too in your image...

Vyrtuoz, I reported it in the specific bug thread as asked.

Vertical speed may or may not be okay, not sure of what I was doing when that screenshot was captured. -2280ft/min = 38 feet/sec = 11.58m/s, definitely within the envelope if I was descending.

Tacview 1.4.1 beta 1 is available

You asked for it: A professional grade 5mW 650nm laser pointer is now included for FREE with each copy of Tacview Professional 1.4.1. Now you can now highlight any part of the battlefield and even charts during your online debriefings!

Please, be responsible: Don’t point laser beams at faces, eyes, kittens or real aircraft.

665174067784224768.jpg

What's the MapID for real terrain. I cannot make my custom object visible at real terrain map, only at Falcon 4,Falcon 4.BMS?

Also, when I set runway coordinates, yaw and dimensions, rwy appears shorter than it should be.

EDIT: Resolved: for real terrain you do not need MapID. for rwy position, it needs to be center position, not endpoint of an rwy (or any object for that matter)

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Copy Scripts folder from 1.2 or 1.5 to 2.0 main folder.

I've just done it, going to test now

I can confirm this works.

Edited by BaconSarnie

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Copy Scripts folder from 1.2 or 1.5 to 2.0 main folder.

I've just done it, going to test now

I can confirm this works.

What part of the scripts folder? My open beta folder has a metric TON of stuff that my open alpha folder does not. Surely this all doesn't go into the open alpha directory?

Beeroshima,

Step 1: Get Tacview 1.4 working in DCS 1.2.xx (I assume you already have done this)

Step 2: Open Directory C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS\

Step 3: Copy Directory SCRIPTS

Step 4: Open Directory C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\

Step 5: Paste Directory

If you still have no ACMI being written

Step 6: Open Directory C:\Users\user\Downloads\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Logs

Step 7: Read dcs.log

Step 8: Post dcs.log here

Edited by vicx

It works for me and many others. We can help you get it working but you need to follow the steps, or we can do nothing for you.

Step 1: Get Tacview 1.4 working in DCS 1.2.xx (I assume you already have done this)

Step 2: Open Directory C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\

Step 3: Copy Directory SCRIPTS

Step 4: Open Directory C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\

Step 5: Paste Directory

If you still have no ACMI being written

Step 6: Open Directory C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Logs

Step 7: Read dcs.log

Step 8: Post dcs.log here

Edited by vicx
added %USERPROFILE%
  • Like 1